∞HBO: "True Detective: Night Country" (Late 2023)...Season 4 Set in Alaska…Starring Jodie Foster…Barry Jenkins Producing∞

How would you grade Season II of "True Detective" ?

• A

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • B

Votes: 14 28.0%
  • C

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • D

Votes: 10 20.0%
  • F

Votes: 8 16.0%

• Total voters
Season 2 left such a bad taste in my mouth, I honestly don't care. I have never seen a show change so dramatically from one season to the next. Normally it's a slow painful decline in quality like Dexter or Weeds.

Season 2 really wasn't that bad in hindsight but when people compare it to Season 1 which is unfair IMO, that's what you get

Season 2 really wasn't that bad in hindsight but when people compare it to Season 1 which is unfair IMO, that's what you get

My sentiments exactly.

My main gripe about S2 was the introduction of so many characters that you couldn't keep track of who was who and who did what.

This. I didn't necessiarely hate S2, but let's put it this way.. I'm in no rush to ever revisit it.

First season was AMAZE

2nd season..not even close but it was fun dissecting each episode

The writing sucked. A lot of scenes just felt a little off. If I didn't know better I'd think they brought in someone new for season 2 and they were trying to emulate season 1.
this!

they were trying to ride the same wave so hard. Everything felt so corny at times in the first episodes or forced. I personally had to let the show go after that.

I still remember that scene where they all meet up at some construction site and then the camera starts to go around them as they all look at each other like some type of face off. I thought that was corny as hell.

The writing sucked. A lot of scenes just felt a little off. If I didn't know better I'd think they brought in someone new for season 2 and they were trying to emulate season 1.
this!

they were trying to ride the same wave so hard. Everything felt so corny at times in the first episodes or forced. I personally had to let the show go after that.

I still remember that scene where they all meet up at some construction site and then the camera starts to go around them as they all look at each other like some type of face off. I thought that was corny as hell.
You mean when the 3 main characters first meet each other at the murder scene?

Last edited:
anigif_original-6922-1431635993-32.gif

b1407270-6969-0132-1829-0a7dfd902b7c.gif

I can't see how anyone can get past Vince Vaughn acting like it's unbearable to me. Truly a very bad decision to cast him. Season 2 wasn't all that bad with the writing and plots.

Vince Vaughn is actually a really good actor.

I assume ppl who followed him in all of his serious roles were caught off guard when he popped up doing comedies. At best Swingers may have hinted at that potential.

He was good in this for the most part. His character's ending was well written and well acted.

I assume ppl who followed him in all of his serious roles were caught off guard when he popped up doing comedies. At best Swingers may have hinted at that potential.

He was good in this for the most part. His character's ending was well written and well acted.
Some of these cats only know him from wedding crashers and anchor man. I just scroll past their posts when I hear them say he isn't a good actor.

I have yet to finish the final three episodes of Season 2.

Really?!

I get how 1 was better but season 2 isnt mearly aa bas as people make it seem.

Like I said, I intentionally watched 2 before 1 so I wouldn't feel like you :lol:

Think the hate is still uncalled for.

Some of these cats only know him from wedding crashers and anchor man. I just scroll past their posts when I hear them say he isn't a good actor.
My girl put me onto Psycho. When I watched that movie I had no clue that Vaughn had done serious roles but he's definitely got serious chops and I think he did the best he could with the material he was given. Some of those lines were so cringe.:x

I don't think folks were doubtful of Vaughn's acting ability.

They gave him corny lines in this though. His character arc was the most developed out of the 4 main characters.

Some viewers may be ready to move on from True Detective, but Matthew McConaughey isn’t one of them.

During an interview on Wednesday episode of The Rich Eisen Show, the actor was asked if he would interested in returning to the series that scored him an Emmy nomination. “Yeah, I would,” the Free State of Jones star said. “I miss Rust Cohle, man. I miss watching him on Sunday nights. I miss watching True Detective on Sunday nights. … I was a happy man when we made that for six months, because I was on my own island.”

McConaughey won rave reviews for his against-type performance as Cohle in the first season of the HBO series. The second season, which brought in a new cast including Colin Farrell and Vince Vaughn, wasn’t nearly as well received.

While there has been speculation that a third season is unlikely, McConaughey said that he has had conversations with creator Nic Pizzolatto about a possible return. “It would have to be the right context, the right way,” he told Eisen. “That thing — when I read it, I knew in 20 minutes if I can play this guy, Rustin Cohle, I’m in.”

He also attempted to dispel the notion that going to television from movies is a step down somehow. “That used to be a little more of a taboo kind of idea to do,” he said. “Not anymore. … You’re actually getting better quality dramas on the small screen today than you ever have been. A lot better than the big screen sometimes.”

Matthew McConaughey Talks HBO's True Detective

My girl put me onto Psycho. When I watched that movie I had no clue that Vaughn had done serious roles but he's definitely got serious chops and I think he did the best he could with the material he was given. Some of those lines were so cringe.:x

He knocks it out the park with Return to Paradise and Domestic Disturbance. :nthat:

Shame True Detective S2 was trash.

Back
Top Bottom