∞HBO: "True Detective: Night Country" (Late 2023)...Season 4 Set in Alaska…Starring Jodie Foster…Barry Jenkins Producing∞

How would you grade Season II of "True Detective" ?

• A

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • B

Votes: 14 28.0%
  • C

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • D

Votes: 10 20.0%
  • F

Votes: 8 16.0%

• Total voters
I need a cork board like on the Wire for the characters.

The two native girls, one is Danvers kid (the hockey player) and the other (Prior's baby mom) is Danvers niece?

I’m getting Dexter snow season vibes lol

Waiting for a tiktok reference.

Anyway, I finished Dexter so I’ll finish this.

S2 and S3 tried to match the tone of S1

This season doesn't seem to be going for that.

I like it for what it is, even though I agree with some of the good faith criticism. Like regarding the dialogue.

Feels like they just attached the "True Detective" name to it for marketing

1706070718681.png

S2 and S3 tried to match the tone of S1

This season doesn't seem to be going for that.

I like it for what it is, even though I agree with some of the good faith criticism. Like regarding the dialogue.

Feels like they just attached the "True Detective" name to it for marketing
Yea, its cool so far but it seems like a new show with some True Detective connections jammed in there so they can use the name :lol:

And hope they develop the family/relationship characters more cuz they seem kinda pointless so far

They sure are tryin to confuse the **** outta us. :smh:

This ep was all over the place.
My least favorite episode

Dream Scenarios and flashbacks can be effective story telling tools but they came off as dull this episode imo

Them dying not because of cold really doesn't add much as I could have said that lol

My least favorite episode

Dream Scenarios and flashbacks can be effective story telling tools but they came off as dull this episode imo

Them dying not because of cold really doesn't add much as I could have said that lol

And the dude sitting up talkin about her mom and then dying.......?

I have not seen an episode of this show prior to this season, but love the atmosphere of this season. I've watched all three episodes. Love it so far.

And the dude sitting up talkin about her mom and then dying.......?

I think Navarro is having schizophrenic episodes where she’s having visions. Remember mental health issues are passed down and w lot of times they are suppressed until something activates it in the person.

Whoa... what the hell... lots of supernatural elements in this episode.

Interesting bits of backstories in this episode...

I guess we should start with Lund's scene.
Like Jape said, I think it was Navarro's hallucination. Family with a history of schizophrenia, PTSD, the dodgy water AND hitting her head... it all adds up. We even get Danvers being an "unreliable narrator", so I guess Navarro being one as well... unintentionally.
But damn, that was creepy AF. When he sat up. 😨

What was up with the orange rolling back??? Probably another hallucination.

We also find out that Annie had really wanted to go to the lab... so probably as 'undercover' to find out more?

Hank... we knew he was an asshat, but he really stepped it up this week! And what's with the Mrs. Robinson comment? I never got that vibe between Danvers and Pete. I guess he was just messing with her, implying that he can just make up ish to screw her over.
"Who's Mrs. Robinson?" 😭 I feel so old now.

I felt Navarro was really asking Rose the questions for her sister for herself.

They're too heavy on the supernatural stuff for me.

It's nice they seem like they might give some background on Annie.

Danvers also being on Tinder after she's already been through the whole town :rofl:

Hank... we knew he was an asshat, but he really stepped it up this week! And what's with the Mrs. Robinson comment? I never got that vibe between Danvers and Pete. I guess he was just messing with her, implying that he can just make up ish to screw her over.
"Who's Mrs. Robinson?" 😭 I feel so old now.

IMG_1999.jpeg

Hank being an insecure douche… I think he prob used to smash Danvers too

Hank def had something to do with that murder. Kinda a weird episode overall. The screams to start it and the screams to end it.

Back
Top Bottom