∞True Detective Season 1 Thread ***CLOSED***∞

“E! News can confirm the Oscar-nominated actress is not heading to the HBO series. While the thought of Chastain on True Detective is exciting, reps for Chastain told E! News that the actress is not doing the series.”

ad-charliebrown.gif

**** them ************* for playing with my heart.

I still love you Chastain.

*Watches Tree Of Life.

Been seeing Chastain's name everywhere for this. Hope it's true.
honestly, i'm concerned a bale/pitt/norton would be too strong a screen presence/big a name. i'm nervous it'd distract me from the story in a way woody and mcconaughey did in ep 1-2 but not any time after.

i'd be happier with a casey affleck.
Too strong for who?

Casey Affleck isn't that good of an actor. Pretty regular. Not sure he'd rise to the occasion. Probably end up being the straight man and not do it as good as Woody.

And since I brought up Woody, after watching Rampart it seems NicPiz almost lifted Woody's character in that to play Marty in this just not a 100%

Last edited:
Never trusting the nerdist again. :lol: that Chastain news was part of that rumor and speculation list a few pgs back. Just a site trying to get hits i guess.

The most interesting thing in that article posted about michael pitt was the line about Paz de la Huerta shaving her vagina on-set in front of the crew. The other story linked in the article is good too. Didn't know he's on Hannibal now. I just finished season 1 and need to start 2.

Never trusting the nerdist again. :lol: that Chastain news was part of that rumor and speculation list a few pgs back. Just a site trying to get hits i guess.
Well the rumor was she was offered the role and this other report is saying she declined.

Been seeing Chastain's name everywhere for this. Hope it's true.
honestly, i'm concerned a bale/pitt/norton would be too strong a screen presence/big a name. i'm nervous it'd distract me from the story in a way woody and mcconaughey did in ep 1-2 but not any time after.

i'd be happier with a casey affleck.
Too strong for who?

Casey Affleck isn't that good of an actor. Pretty regular. Not sure he'd rise to the occasion. Probably end up being the straight man and not do it as good as Woody.

And since I brought up Woody, after watching Rampart it seems NicPiz almost lifted Woody's character in that to play Marty in this just not a 100%
he played a pretty good detective in this

casey-affleck-and-michelle-monaghan-gallery.jpg

Last edited:
‘True Detective’ Season 2 Will Have Three Leads, California Setting
MAY 27, 2014 | 09:00AM PT
Variety Staff
More details have emerged about the cast and setting of “True Detective” season two, which will focus on three new leads, according to creator Nic Pizzolatto.

In a recent interview with public radio program “To the Best of Our Knowledge,” Pizzolatto revealed that in the new season’s current form, “we’re working with three leads. It takes place in California — not Los Angeles, but some of the much lesser known venues of California — and we’re going to try to capture a certain psychosphere ambiance of the place, much like we did in season one.”

He added, “The characters are all new, but I’m deeply in love with each of them. We’ve got the entire series broken out with a couple of scripts, and we’ll probably start casting in earnest in the coming months.”

The show’s anthology format means that season two will be entirely self-contained and distinct from its freshman year, with no plans for season one stars Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson to return — something that differentiates the series from FX’s “American Horror Story,” which recycles actors from past seasons in new roles.

Pizzolatto previously told HitFix that “True Detective” season two would be about “hard women, bad men and the secret occult history of the United States transportation system.”

Last week, rumors circulated that “Zero Dark Thirty” star Jessica Chastain was offered a role in season two, but the actress denied the buzz on the red carpet at Cannes. “It’s an awkward thing because when all that attention happens — it takes away from whoever plays the role,” she said. “I’m a big fan of the series. I’m going to watch the second season just like I watched every episode of the first.”

VARIETY

Remote Cali and 3 Leads :wow: LEGGO

Last edited:
^

I'm hoping it ends up being the latter and he becomes another Vince Gilligan but I'm trying to temper down my expectations only because of how hard it's gonna be to top the first season. I'm definitely gonna miss having Cary Fukunaga directing.

yeah, the multiple director thing I don't know about that yet. It was great having one vision in S I.

Agreed, the cinematic feel to it was just something else. Loved the atmosphere throughout. The director was just as big a part of what made it good as Woody and MM imo.

Last edited:
At least with casting to begin soon, the speculation and rumors can finally stop. :lol:

Good to see people are free to criticize the weak aspects of the show now that the hype has subsided. I was damn near crucified on here for not absolutely loving every aspect of the after the finale ended.

I still hope they go with all male lead cast in the second season. I just don't find women as leads interesting in television shows. I barely watch SVU anymore after Stabler left and they expanded Olivia's role. The only episodes I went out and watched were the William Louis episodes, if anyone is familiar with the new season.

Which is why I think Pablo Schreiber would be great as the third cast member for the 2nd season. He was excellent on SVU as well as The Wire.

View media item 992838
View media item 992839
View media item 992842

Ya'll think this guy will be exposed as a hack or be a consistent quality storyteller?

Probably the first one.

I remember someone saying he used the same narrative tricks and framing device in his book?

That's why I was really hoping they'd swing a world-class actor like MM or something, but I'll stay hopeful.

I could just see this turning into The Killing is all.

edit: quoted the wrong one :lol:

Last edited:
Ya'll think this guy will be exposed as a hack or be a consistent quality storyteller?
I'd hope it's the latter. I just hope he doesn't cave to demands from ppl who aren't really fans. Anybody who watched S1 and was complaining about the lack of strong female leads didn't get what type of story was being told and I know I was uneasy to some of his responses to those ppl among other complaints.

So hopefully, he just does his own thing as long as he has a story to tell and he loves the characters like he says. I mean there's already the other group of ppl who have it cemented in their minds that S1 won't be matched or topped for various reasons so Nic's getting it pretty rough from both ends.

From here on out I just want to here who is cast. I don't want anymore details about the story.
That's freaking me out man. Just thinking of them playing roles anything similar to what we got in S1 :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom