∞True Detective Season 1 Thread ***CLOSED***∞

Rust Cohle is awesomeeeeee....his personality reminds me of me :lol:

And you gotta ignore coupeit....at times he is easily one of the most sheltered/ignorant posters on here....but he's honest and open with his views so he's good in my book :pimp:

Don't take it personal ^_^

No, Coupe is my man 100 grand but he's wrong about folks from Louisiana. I've spent many a summers in my youth in 'Nawlins...

I have no problem with him but his views are ignorant at times....but I like bluntness whether I agree or disagree

Last edited:
McConaughey is on the top of his game this year... Harrelson is always putting in work too.

Last edited:
:lol: :rofl: My co-worker reminded me that Harrelson's character in the movie Kingpin says, "Take that, you freaky piece of s**t. You don't mow another guy's lawn."

No, Coupe is my man 100 grand but he's wrong about folks from Louisiana. I've spent many a summers in my youth in 'Nawlins...

Everything outside New Orleans is a joke. You can bring up exceptions all you like but Louisiana is a hell hole. Education wise, financially, systematically, etc. It's actually the perfect state to place this show, that's why they did it lol.

Marcus you're confusing ignorance with arrogance, I'm informed enough to base my opinion. If I didn't I wouldn't make an opinion.

*Back to the show, what was Chooe and that's dudes wife talking about on the phone? Seemed so vague. Maybe I need to watch again.

Last edited:
pretty funny seeing Eli from Boardwalk as the preacher 
laugh.gif

Everything outside New Orleans is a joke. You can bring up exceptions all you like but Louisiana is a hell hole. Education wise, financially, systematically, etc. It's actually the perfect state to place this show, that's why they did it lol.

Marcus you're confusing ignorance with arrogance, I'm informed enough to base my opinion. If I didn't I wouldn't make an opinion.

*Back to the show, what was Chooe and that's dudes wife talking about on the phone? Seemed so vague. Maybe I need to watch again.
I was going to type is long explanation with tables and graphs but I went back to read what Mr. Marcus posted. But the people of Mandeville making money. I know I know there always a exception.

Episode 4 should answer a lot of my question.

Just anxious to find out what's the deal. I mean, they catch the guy and then 20 years later or whatever the same type of murder occurs. I remember them saying some stuff that the public didn't have information too and it's pretty much more than a coincidence. Good thing we get resolution at the end of the season instead of it draggin it out. Like The Killing on AMC or whatever.

I can definitely see guy's wife falling for Cohle. :pimp:

Last edited:

He went to the side chick's place after the restaurant/dropping his wife home. His excuse was somebody called him from work with important information and he had to cut out. So she called Cohle instead of the department figuring she would get lied too since they're all buddy buddy with her husband. Cohle says that nobody likes him and they wouldn't let him know about it anyway and just reassures her that her husband will be home soon and go to sleep.

He went to the side chick's place after the restaurant/dropping his wife home. His excuse was somebody called him from work with important information and he had to cut out. So she called Cohle instead of the department figuring she would get lied too since they're all buddy buddy with her husband. Cohle says that nobody likes him and they wouldn't let him know about it anyway and just reassures her that her husband will be home soon and go to sleep.
ibqqUJnbW4PJvG.gif

nerd.gif
 Dude, the writing in this show... that was some profound ish!

But 
laugh.gif
 at the mow euphemism.  

And Burt. 
sick.gif

Anyway... see you guys on Feb. 9th.

Like I said myopic. One of my all time great memories in life was spent in Lakeview Park in Southern LA at a boucherie eating some of the best food I've ever had & listening to great music while being around all kinds of people. But if you don't like it, that's cool. I feel that way about Florida outside of the tourist areas...

Last edited:
[thread="569038"]a show in London would have people with british accents... [/thread]
[thread="569038"]True Detective is written and produced too well to ignore such a detail like that.. [/thread]

I get what your saying especially if you live in LA or from there but it's not that big a deal to me. It's like British actors playing Nazis... At least it's not as bad as Scorsese using the likes of Harvey Keitel, Victor Argo, & Harry Dean Stanton as Jesus' disciples in The Last Temptation of Christ... Hearing Keitel's Brooklyn accent was lulz in that movie...

it's just one of those pet peeve kinda things.... 

it doesn't take away from me enjoying the show at all tho... **** is still great 

Like I said myopic. One of my all time great memories in life was spent in Lakeview Park in Southern LA at a boucherie eating some of the best food I've ever had & listening to great music while being around all kinds of people. But if you don't like it, that's cool. I feel that way about Florida outside of the tourist areas...

Florida is same way, I'll admit that in a second. Outside of South Florida (which us northers treat like our backyard lol)

Matty puttin in some serious work into this role :wow: and Woody ain't too shabby himself.

that diary was :smh: :x

Jennifer wasn't bad herself too bad matty's interests are elsewhere

Woody straight scaring that dude with Alex yelling did she suck your **** :lol:

The lawnmower scene :rofl:

All these clues leading up to that dude with the french last name. About to go down in two weeks. Can't wait for some twists. :wow:

That diary was kinda crazy, maybe Marty going to find out that his wife been getting a little busy at home and that's where his daughter is getting it from.

"DID SHE SUCK YOUR ****?"

"Only for a little bit"

:rofl:

Back
Top Bottom