∞True Detective Season 1 Thread ***CLOSED***∞

:rofl: I was waiting for the connection.

I'm wondering if mowing another guys lawn is some sex thing like a southern euphemism for banging his woman.

Last edited:

I'm wondering if mowing another guys lawn is some sex thing like a southern euphemism for banging his woman.

probably. Rust even responds, "I saw your lawn needed mowing" or something like that. not even "saw it". But then again, Rusty probably knew what Martin and meant (if it's not a southern saying) and wanted to mess with him.

probably. Rust even responds, "I saw your lawn needed mowing" or something like that. not even "saw it". But then again, Rusty probably knew what Martin and meant (if it's not a southern saying) and wanted to mess with him.
I know for sure Rust is doing it on purpose not cuz he's interested but he's trying to show Martin he's gonna lose his woman if he keeps messing around.

I think Marty's daughter is being sexually abused. Maybe by her grandfather.

Might be a reach but something odd is gong on there.

Also thought it was interesting how out of order the narrative is. In this episode we see Marty and his wife have that fight in the bedroom and after watching this episode again I realized that the fight takes place AFTER they were at the bar and he took off to BJ girls place and after the phone call to Chole (asking if Marty was really working) which we hadn't seen yet. Anyone with HBO go watch that again and you see Marty saying something like "we were having a really good time I should have begged to not be called out" or something like that.

Last edited:
eoWLlnM.png

I know I may be looking way too much into this, but.. "The tall man.. strange face.. burned around the jaw?"

Audrey's drawing:
View media item 774612
I'm almost glad that there's a break that way I have time to rewatch the first 3 episodes. :lol:

I know I may be looking way too much into this, but.. "The tall man.. strange face.. burned around the jaw?"

Audrey's drawing:
View media item 774612
I'm almost glad that there's a break that way I have time to rewatch the first 3 episodes. :lol:

They mentioned that the other girl was going to a Tully funded school. Isn't Tully the reverend dude? Same last name as the governor right? Maybe Marty's girls are going to a Christian school funded by Tully as well? Might be more of a reach than the grandpa theory :lol:

I'm really into trying to put this all together. The writer did a great job with the idea of making it from 3 timelines.

Is there one where he's giving his view on ppl and religion? :nerd:

Audrey's drawing:
View media item 774612

They mentioned that the other girl was going to a Tully funded school. Isn't Tully the reverend dude? Same last name as the governor right? Maybe Marty's girls are going to a Christian school funded by Tully as well? Might be more of a reach than the grandpa theory :lol:

I'm really into trying to put this all together. The writer did a great job with the idea of making it from 3 timelines.
Damn yall packing a lot in to this one season with 5 eps left :lol:

Not hating but damn, you got me thinking too much.

Last edited:
I'm not trying to get philosophical here but I think many people feel the way Rust does, they just don't admit it. Get caught up in their own world or distractions then rarely have the time to delve deeper.

If you just so happen to realize that "god" is one big joke that's been plaguing our civilization for thousands of years, or that our lives aren't any more important than the grains of sand we walk on - it can hit you hard, it can be depressing. I've thought that way for a long time.

But you just have to roll with it, make the best of the time you have left. You can still enjoy life and think that way, **** I do. That's where Rust needs help - But then again, maybe he did try to make the best of it. He had a family the tragically lost them. That could wipe any man out. What an extremely complex but intriguing character.

Last edited:
Rust is a victim of having too much knowledge and being jaded by past trauma. He's wild intelligent, but also a drug addict who's had a rough life and has no hope for the future or his fellow human beings. It make sense that he would immerse himself in his job where he sees the worst of human nature day after day to confirm his bias even though he does have a point.

Marty is a guy that still tries to remain blissfully ignorant because he has own demons to face. He hates when Rust gets into his philosophical/psychological discussion because he doesn't want to admit that he understands where he is coming from. He also doesn't like the fact that Rust sees through him and isn't a company man.

Definitely something is up sexually with Marty's daughter. Remember when they went to that brothel with the young girl and how angry he was about her age? Might be a little foreshadowing.

Also thought it was interesting how out of order the narrative is. In this episode we see Marty and his wife have that fight in the bedroom and after watching this episode again I realized that the fight takes place AFTER they were at the bar and he took off to BJ girls place and after the phone call to Chole (asking if Marty was really working) which we hadn't seen yet. Anyone with HBO go watch that again and you see Marty saying something like "we were having a really good time I should have begged to not be called out" or something like that.

Did it happen that way? didnt they fight then have sex after they came home for his in-laws? I watched all three back to back to back at work (like a boss) and thats how i remember it. unless you are talking about a different fight.

I think the regular cop and Tuttle have something to do with it.

The daughter and grandfather?

I don't know y'all, that's storyline within itself. I doubt the storyline would swing that way. (That'd be insane if it did)

Audrey's drawing:
View media item 774612

^Very creepy.

Z3Wts3z.png

xk3RqRN.jpg

The daughter and grandfather?

I don't know y'all, that's storyline within itself. I doubt the storyline would swing that way. (That'd be insane if it did)

That may be a stretch, but this little girl is being exposed to sex from somewhere. From her drawings, and the way they were playing with the dolls. If it's not her father's files which I don't believe he even brings work home something is going on.

Did it happen that way? didnt they fight then have sex after they came home for his in-laws? I watched all three back to back to back at work (like a boss) and thats how i remember it. unless you are talking about a different fight.

I think the regular cop and Tuttle have something to do with it.

The fight I'm talking about is the make-up sex fight is after they talk to their daughter about the drawings. It's presented in the narrative before we see them go to the bar and he breaks into BJ girls house and before she calls Chole to confirm where Marty is but seems to actually happen after those two events.

It could be an editing trick where they thought the scene would be better served earlier and we should be none the wiser or it could be just them jumbling the narrative on purpose. Either way, I noticed it it and found it interesting.

re-watched episode 3, didnt really notice that the storyline jumped like that. but then again, this is them retelling stories so i wasn't expecting a straight line.

This might be a stupid question ... spoiler

but have we seen any 2002 scenes yet? I thought it was only 1995, and 2012, but I watched the special and it was stated there are three time periods, but I dont remember seeing any 2002 scenes. I wonder if someone else also dies iin 2002, but if they "caught" the guy in 95, then what happens in 02... unless they explain then why Cole and Hart are not talking to each other anymore.

Back
Top Bottom