∞True Detective Season 1 Thread ***CLOSED***∞

I haven't been this excited after a series premier since I saw Game of Thrones and Boardwalk Empire. But this I actually find much more engaging just because of the story lines and possible plot twists. If they can keep this sort of freaky and on edge story each season I'll be in love.

Hell, I'm watching it for the third time right now.

Last edited:
Considering this is one of my favorite films, can't wait til the next episodes (8 total).

gwyneth-paltrow-brad-pitt-morgan-freeman-seven_52d082c48324e.jpg

Last edited:
I bet this is the type of show too that once we get near the end of the season, it's going to be more evident that there were clues from the very first episode that people may have overlooked and would have helped in piecing the mystery. Hope i'm right. :pimp:

Finally caught the premiere.

Cohle is an intriguing character to say the least. Aloof and standoffish, but otherwise a very good detective. I can see how his Cohleisms would rub people the wrong way.
laugh.gif
Dude looks like he's been through hell in the past and especially in the present.

Hart's character comes off as a "good guy" both as a detective and family man, but his interaction with ol girl who brought him the files seemed suspicious, like there was more going on between them. Reading the comments in here, I see I'm not the only one who picked up on this as well. This was mentioned in here as well in, but there appears to be a disconnect between Hart and his wife, in particular that scene where she found him sleeping on the couch. That scene may have alluded to why he isn't wearing a wedding band in the present. We'll see.

Brother Mouzone and Lester Freamon.
pimp.gif

Overall I enjoyed the pilot. Looking forward to seeing why Hart and Cohle had their falling out.

I'm hoping they're able to get some stellar movie stars for the next season with the whole new cast.

Like I already know this is gonna be great so I'm trying not to anticipate the next ep too much.

One episode and i'm already hooked. HBO is really spoiling us with this series.

I'll probably revisit this thread after the finale though because i feel like the theories ya'll post in these types of threads always come to fruition.

Considering this is one of my favorite films, can't wait til the next episodes (8 total).

gwyneth-paltrow-brad-pitt-morgan-freeman-seven_52d082c48324e.jpg
ima sound mad ignorant asking this but what movie is this? 
embarassed.gif

I've watched the first episode 4 times now 
laugh.gif
....I just like the mysteriousness of everything in it.....hope the whole season keep this tone 

So hyped. Broncos win would make it the greatest episode ever. Lol

I love how chilling and dark this show is. So many clues..you literally have to listen to every single word said.

Dude who said Matt's last words of last episode being chilling was so on point.

Even with my high expectations (because of McConnaughey and Harrelson), I was still blown away by the premiere. Can't wait to see what twists and turns are ahead the rest of the way.

Random but I would love to see the dude who played Walter White in one of these roles.

Back
Top Bottom