∞True Detective Season 1 Thread ***CLOSED***∞

did yall noticed the birds outside the church made the sign that was on the dead girls back? I know he hallucinates but that was interesting 

show is mad eeiry and creepy though ......can't even lie...2/2 though :nthat:

Yup. Love the little clues here and there.

Show is too slow paced for me, but the performances are great and there's enough tension that it leaves me wanting more. I'm really hoping that the end provides a big payoff. I also love the way they are telling the story by cross-cutting the interviews of Cohle and Hart with the flashback of the case, and in the process, dropping clues about what may happen next (ie: the "throwdown" in the woods).

As for Alexandra, I knew she was smoking hot in Parenthood, but cot damn, that rack is spectacular. Unfortunately, I have a feeling her character may be the next victim.

Meant to say that rack is one the prettiest ones I've ever seen...:smokin

Last edited:
The only thing that bothers me about this show is in the car scenes, you can look out the window and tell it's so fake :lol:
did yall noticed the birds outside the church made the sign that was on the dead girls back? I know he hallucinates but that was interesting 

show is mad eeiry and creepy though ......can't even lie...2/2 though :nthat:
I noticed that.

Same thing after he revealed he had hallucinations we see him in the car and the clouds with color change and the lights.

daddario did not disappoint one bit 
devil.gif

I have NOT seen ep. 2 yet, but my first guess from watching ep. 1 like three times, is that the killer is good ol' Lester Freeman. Cole and Hart believe it is him, but can not find that one last evidence that makes the cop go "Ahhh" like Cole said in ep. 1...and frame him and put him away, hence why they are not cops anymore. And I think Cole is the reason Hart is not married anymore. Just my first wild prediction about the killer.

Will watch ep. 2 tomorrow. Great show though.

kinda mad that the owl in the church wasnt mentioned in the episode
I saw it too but it disappeared. So I didn't know if it was important or if it was a Rust hallucination.

I saw it though, it was on a beam just sitting there. I thought they were gonna close up on it or have the detectives notice it but it literally just disappeared. Wasn't there longer than 5 seconds.

Last edited:
I peeped the owl too but I don't think it was another hallucination because the camera wasn't pointing at anything they both were looking at. The owl was just there. The drawing at the end was definitely a women with her breast out with deer antlers.

Judges 16:30 - "And Samson said, Let me die with the Philistines. And he bowed himself with all his might; and the house fell upon the lords, and upon all the people that were therein. So the dead which he slew at his death were more than they which he slew in his life."

If this show is gonna have all those hidden clues of symbolism count me out in that game. I saw the owl but I don't care what it means. I got no time for research.
I thought the breast were eyes so that's why I thought she was holding her head in her arms :lol:
:lol:

092807_Nightmare_Christmas_Sally1.jpg
That's exactly what I saw :lol: :smh:
So, how are you guys liking the show so far? Is it any good?
Yes.

Read the last few pgs for reviews and feedback.

Last edited:
If you watched the "making of" they say that they used owls on set to deter some sort of other birds from being around the shooting. So it doesn't necessarily mean that the owl means something here. I mean that's a good place for an owl anyway since it's dark during the day when they just hang out. There is a possibility of it meaning more but I would hold off on that for now.

Back
Top Bottom