╬:::OFFICIAL CLEVELAND CAVALIERS 2013 Season Thread::: ╬ Cavs Win 2013 #1 Draft Pick in Lottery!!!!

Really surprised and not happy with this trade.

The protected pick is not looking good, and I see very little upside on Casspi....

Really surprised and not happy with this trade.

The protected pick is not looking good, and I see very little upside on Casspi....

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

Take it from someone who's seen Casspi play live in Sacramento twice...
..dude sucks. He's barely an average SF - doesnt defend, barely passes, and barely score when a defender's in his face.

If we were going to trade Hickson, we should've traded him for an equally talented player.

I don't agree with this trade at all. That pick better be something serious - or else this was a stupid move.
I'm taking your word Big Homie...Not liking the trade either

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

Take it from someone who's seen Casspi play live in Sacramento twice...
..dude sucks. He's barely an average SF - doesnt defend, barely passes, and barely score when a defender's in his face.

If we were going to trade Hickson, we should've traded him for an equally talented player.

I don't agree with this trade at all. That pick better be something serious - or else this was a stupid move.
I'm taking your word Big Homie...Not liking the trade either

laugh.gif
damn he's that bad?

Well upon finding out that next year the pick can only be after 15, after 12, the year after and after 10 after that i think it's safe to say we could have gotten more for JJ.

On the bright side, Omri is shooting 47% from the corner 3, a nice piece for coach Scott and target for Kyrie

But let's be real this trade was all about J.J

Highlight reel dunks and penny 1/2 cents can only get you so far,

Am I the only one who recalls how JJ would start off big and then taper off? He had an incosistent game and was a big part of that god awful season we had.

But like most seemingly one sided trades this was also about money.. As the Bellingham Herald writes

JJ was in the final year of his contract nex season, Hickson was in the final year of his contract next season and might have commanded $8 million to $10 million per year on the open market under the system that was to expire at midnight. The Cavs couldn't afford to pay a Jekyll-and-Hyde player like Hickson that much. And they didn't want to run the risk of getting nothing for him, although they do seem ready to contradict that premise if they let the trade exception they received for Mr. South Beach lapse.
But Grant insisted that Hickson didn't price himself out of Cleveland.

"At no point did we ever have any conversations about contract extension or price with J.J.," Grant said.
It's also possible that the Cavs believe this is as good as Hickson is going to get. Couple that with the possibility that an already unmotivated Hickson could get even more lackadaisical after he signs a new deal, and the Cavs may have believed he had to go.

laugh.gif
damn he's that bad?

Well upon finding out that next year the pick can only be after 15, after 12, the year after and after 10 after that i think it's safe to say we could have gotten more for JJ.

On the bright side, Omri is shooting 47% from the corner 3, a nice piece for coach Scott and target for Kyrie

But let's be real this trade was all about J.J

Highlight reel dunks and penny 1/2 cents can only get you so far,

Am I the only one who recalls how JJ would start off big and then taper off? He had an incosistent game and was a big part of that god awful season we had.

But like most seemingly one sided trades this was also about money.. As the Bellingham Herald writes

JJ was in the final year of his contract nex season, Hickson was in the final year of his contract next season and might have commanded $8 million to $10 million per year on the open market under the system that was to expire at midnight. The Cavs couldn't afford to pay a Jekyll-and-Hyde player like Hickson that much. And they didn't want to run the risk of getting nothing for him, although they do seem ready to contradict that premise if they let the trade exception they received for Mr. South Beach lapse.
But Grant insisted that Hickson didn't price himself out of Cleveland.

"At no point did we ever have any conversations about contract extension or price with J.J.," Grant said.
It's also possible that the Cavs believe this is as good as Hickson is going to get. Couple that with the possibility that an already unmotivated Hickson could get even more lackadaisical after he signs a new deal, and the Cavs may have believed he had to go.

Trade sucks. Them not at least getting a top 5 protected pick is a joke. That first round pick they "acquired" is basically non existent. Terrible trade. But JJ sealed his fate when he was rooting for LeBron to get a ring on Twitter. That combined with him disappearing during games did him in. But I think he will get better. JJ is going to be a 21 and 10 player in the league, watch when I tell you. Dude is still young

Trade sucks. Them not at least getting a top 5 protected pick is a joke. That first round pick they "acquired" is basically non existent. Terrible trade. But JJ sealed his fate when he was rooting for LeBron to get a ring on Twitter. That combined with him disappearing during games did him in. But I think he will get better. JJ is going to be a 21 and 10 player in the league, watch when I tell you. Dude is still young

When we drafted Tristan I sort of figured we'd trade JJ, but this just feels like a rushed trade. It's as if we just wanted to complete it before the lockout, which makes no sense. Why not wait and actually get something worthwhile out of the trade?

When we drafted Tristan I sort of figured we'd trade JJ, but this just feels like a rushed trade. It's as if we just wanted to complete it before the lockout, which makes no sense. Why not wait and actually get something worthwhile out of the trade?

Originally Posted by bighead2205

Agree 100%. Our front office panicked IMO.

Originally Posted by bighead2205

Agree 100%. Our front office panicked IMO.

So Baron won't be with us this season?

KyrieIrving Kyrie Irving
Gotta pack and get my to my new home...Cleveland!! Buying my first apt/house so I'm hype lol

So Baron won't be with us this season?

KyrieIrving Kyrie Irving
Gotta pack and get my to my new home...Cleveland!! Buying my first apt/house so I'm hype lol

Normally I would say this would be mutually beneficial because I like B Diddy and don't wanna see him in the basement his ENTIRE career, however the benefit of a veteran presence in the locker room as well as a mentor for Kyrie couldn't hurt. could it?

then again what #1 draft pick guard ever came in the league and rode the bench?

Maybe B Diddy will end up back in LA where he prolly wants to be with the Lakers. Who knows?

but freeing up $27 million isn't so bad imo

Normally I would say this would be mutually beneficial because I like B Diddy and don't wanna see him in the basement his ENTIRE career, however the benefit of a veteran presence in the locker room as well as a mentor for Kyrie couldn't hurt. could it?

Maybe B Diddy will end up back in LA where he prolly wants to be with the Lakers. Who knows?

Originally Posted by Brandon3000

That's kind of how I feel...has there ever been a #1 riding the bench ever? I doubt that, and I doubt Kyrie will be sitting before tip-off any time this season.
I feel like you can start B-Diddy and Kyrie, throw Antawn Jamison, TT and than Varajeo at the 5. That would be my ideal starting five. We need to trade B-Diddy mid-point in the season, after he's spoken a good amount of words to Kyrie, than attempt to get a solid piece from the Lakers IF they're willing to tag on his contract (which I doubt).

If that doesn't work, than just cut Diddy to free up that 27 million. I mean we still gotta pay dude - so if were not going to use that 27 million of space on something decent rather than just letting it sit - than we keep him for now..

Either way - I'm in Cleveland now, and I'm ready to see some basketball in my city already 
pimp.gif
. I'll be at a lot of games this season.

Originally Posted by Brandon3000

That's kind of how I feel...has there ever been a #1 riding the bench ever? I doubt that, and I doubt Kyrie will be sitting before tip-off any time this season.
I feel like you can start B-Diddy and Kyrie, throw Antawn Jamison, TT and than Varajeo at the 5. That would be my ideal starting five. We need to trade B-Diddy mid-point in the season, after he's spoken a good amount of words to Kyrie, than attempt to get a solid piece from the Lakers IF they're willing to tag on his contract (which I doubt).

If that doesn't work, than just cut Diddy to free up that 27 million. I mean we still gotta pay dude - so if were not going to use that 27 million of space on something decent rather than just letting it sit - than we keep him for now..

Either way - I'm in Cleveland now, and I'm ready to see some basketball in my city already 
pimp.gif
. I'll be at a lot of games this season.

Fwd: From my league source, first 5 cavs home games: dec 26 against Toronto, jan 1 against nj. Jan 3 Charlotte, jan17 golden state, jan 20 Chicago.

Fwd: From my league source, first 5 cavs home games: dec 26 against Toronto, jan 1 against nj. Jan 3 Charlotte, jan17 golden state, jan 20 Chicago.

Going to be home for winter break so gonna try and see the opener.
pimp.gif

Sucks NO Mamba in the Q this year, but I actually like the way our schedule starts

Honestly I PRAYYYYYY we win 15 games.

Back
Top Bottom