⚽️The Footy Thread: German Super Cup, International Champions Cup, Copa Libertadores

Status
Not open for further replies.
1st y’all finally signing black players, now this.
Flo must’ve found Jesus
rehired Zidane & renovating the stadium.
If can he get one more CL, sign Mbappe & regain some traction in La Liga it would be the perfect way to go out.

Black players are the future of the sport and represent a growing market of potential fans. We in the beginning stages of really seeing Brothers dominate this thing. France got the WC, Mbappe is a future Balon D'or winner, and players are going for world record fees. What a time....

it's gaining traction

giphy.gif

Black players are the future of the sport and represent a growing market of potential fans. We in the beginning stages of really seeing Brothers dominate this thing. France got the WC, Mbappe is a future Balon D'or winner, and players are going for world record fees. What a time....
the one thing is there isn't much color represented in the media, anytime they describe a black player it's always about pace & power, not every black player is an incredible athlete they can beat you with their brain too.

the one thing is there isn't much color represented in the media, anytime they describe a black player it's always about pace & power, not every black player is an incredible athlete they can beat you with their brain too.
I feel you and that goes into something deeper that I'd rather not go into in this thread at least. But that isn't uncommon. Brazil has one of the biggest Black populations outside of Africa and yet the media image Brazil portrays to the world is that of a white European nation in South America. Alot of Latin countries "hide" their blacks.

It reminds me of the Jimmy the greek comments. This notion of Black players being physical machines without much thought is a stereotype that has effected every sport we've ever played in. They were callin cats like Jack Johnson "bucks" despite the fact that he wouldn't just overpower you but out think you while in the ring. It hasn't changed much since then.

Last edited:
van de beek isn't similar to pogba at all though
he won't get burn at madrid...he needs a year or two
its not about being similar, because none of these choices are, its about adding a quality midfielder, Modric spot is very much up for grabs

its not about being similar, its about adding a quality midfielder, Modric spot is very much up for grabs
he plays in the same position as isco though attacking midfielder/forward... he's not what yall want/need
no way he's taking modric's spot.
have you ever seen him build from the back?

ndombele is going for the same price too... hope yall do buy van der beek

he plays in the same position as isco though attacking midfielder/forward... he's not what yall want/need
no way he's taking modric's spot.
have you ever seen him build from the back?

ndombele is going for the same price too... hope yall do buy van der beek
Isco's future is in doubt here, Modric spot is in doubt as a starter, you know my preference is Ndombele, but I rate VDB, I saw him man mark Pjanic and take him out in both legs, I think theres more to his game, the 4-3-3 that was built around the BBC is done, we seen what that was last year. If VDB is bought we probably still need one more mid I guess.

This would be so much easier if we kept Llorente smh

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom