⚽️The Footy Thread: German Super Cup, International Champions Cup, Copa Libertadores

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lavezzi had a great career for both club and country, why is he being named?
He could of been so much more. Iirc he was kind of labeled the next Maradona and Messi when I was getting into footy a bit so I checked him out. There was also that weed thing with the National team and he ended up going to China when he still could of went to some top clubs in Europe.

Idk if my reasons justify him being underwhelming but yeah :lol:

Freddy Adu was slated to be the next Pele. Now his name is associated with "biggest busts" in American sports history. How is Freddy Adu such an outrageous choice?

I agree. Aside from the Pele comparisons, Adu was supposed to be *the* face of MLS when the league started. Looking back, he should've gone abroad at 16

Fekir? Maybe "ruined" was the wrong choice of words, but to be linked and basically inked by Liverpool last year to Betis, who finished 10th last season...

He could’ve went anywhere in the world, realistically.

Betis must’ve promised him first team football, a nice salary and other incentives that we may never know about..

I agree. Aside from the Pele comparisons, Adu was supposed to be *the* face of MLS when the league started. Looking back, he should've gone abroad at 16

Listen you two Bantz Lord T Bantz Lord T , when I said a “what if” starting XI I meant players who didn’t live up to their potential BUT were still good players and had good careers.

Quaresma was at Barcelona at 19, Vela at Arsenal at around the same age. They ended up leaving, but they still had great seasons at Porto and Real Sociadad. They still showed plenty of moments of brilliance going forward. But their attitudes held them back (even tho they have polar opposite attitudes).

Freddy Adu had his chances in a Europe. PLENTY. I remember him going to Benfica, he was sent packing after a year. He had plenty of more chances in Europe, never even came close to being an even decent player.

So maybe OUR definitions of “what if” is different :lol:

The Freddy Adu thing to me was completely American media driven, with a Pele co-sign because Pele had links to American media.

nomadicsole21 nomadicsole21 put in s good example up players minus probably Levezzi, but he was on the right track :lol:

Adu, helllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll noooooooo.

Ben Arfa, Robinho, Bojan, Lavezzi, Hulk the list goes on and on :lol:
Robinho was my guy when he was at Milan and Real. Really thought him and Adriano were the next great Brazilian legends :lol::smh:

Nah man, way too early for that

Agreed,he's already won a treble and titles in multiple leagues. He's most liekly gonna end up as Brazil's top scorer with at least 2 more solid chances at winning a WC,for all his antics,he's done a good job at living up to a lot of the expectations set out for him since he was a teen.

Only thing that would really be missing from his resume might be an individual honor like a Ballon D'or but I could see him being in contention after leaves Paris for another top club. He's still got all the talent and skill to be that kind of player and I'd like to imagine he'll mature in terms of attitude as he gets older and more eager to move past his current public perception

Are we gonna have to add Neymar to that list?

Nah, thats tooooo though bro :lol:

Neymar could drop dead tomorrow he still wouldn’t be on the list.

But a possible “what if” player could end up being Dembele tho. That’d be a good one - if 10 years from now he doesn't reach the potential (like he should be able to).

Would not mind getting him back but Palace seemingly want a Kings ransom for him...

He'll probably end up with Gunners who'll pay his fee over the next 5 years

Bonucci, without a doubt. But Bonucci will still get playing time with De Ligt. I think it’s going to be a ongoing 3 man rotation for the 2 CB positions in the first half of the season.

By the knockout stages of the CL, Juve should know which pair is best.

That all being said, there have been consistent rumors of Bonucci leaving, so who knows if what I just said even gets that far.

Bro, btw, you want Higuian at Roma?

I don’t want Higuain. It’s our new director who wants him. On loan and Juve pays half his salary then maybe.

I don’t think Vela is “only” MLS good. If he cared he could still be playing in Europe but he doesn’t care cause he doesn’t want to put that much into something he don’t love in the first place. He’s doing just enough to where he can live happily

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom