⚽️The Footy Thread: German Super Cup, International Champions Cup, Copa Libertadores

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think Vela is “only” MLS good. If he cared he could still be playing in Europe but he doesn’t care cause he doesn’t want to put that much into something he don’t love in the first place. He’s doing just enough to where he can live happily
what do you mean "he doesn't love"?

and i haven't seen him play in the MLS but he could have stayed in la liga

Last edited:
Sky Sports coverage of the Maguire situation is hilarious.

“Leicester are denying Maguire a move, his camp is frustrated, he’s not worth £80m” ...in the same breath, literally, “Man Utd want £79m for Lukaku, Inter have offered £61m, they know the price, if they really want him, they’ll pay up”

Laughable.

man united ultraboosts

https%3A%2F%2Fhypebeast.com%2Fimage%2F2019%2F07%2Fadidas-ultraboost-manchester-united-fa-cup-win-rose-release-info-1.jpg

https%3A%2F%2Fhypebeast.com%2Fimage%2F2019%2F07%2Fadidas-ultraboost-manchester-united-fa-cup-win-rose-release-info-2.jpg

https%3A%2F%2Fhypebeast.com%2Fimage%2F2019%2F07%2Fadidas-ultraboost-manchester-united-fa-cup-win-rose-release-info-3.jpg

https%3A%2F%2Fhypebeast.com%2Fimage%2F2019%2F07%2Fadidas-ultraboost-manchester-united-fa-cup-win-rose-release-info-4.jpg

Rogers said they got 2 bids from different teams but nothing is official yet

IMG_20190718_090016.jpg

This is still wild to me

Also Atleti related

Would be fitting for Spanish Lingard to play in the stadium that the OG Lingard baptized

Ibra's the GOAT when it comes to interviews :rofl::rofl:

looks like valencia or real betis
Vazquez...meh

Both teams would be good for him. If Betis keep Lo Celso, sign Fekir and Rafinha, they're already a solid team and will be fun to watch. I always wish that they bought Mushonda from Chelsea.

trash

MuW9zdt.jpg

considering Rio's placement on the list and what it was at the time is still very remarkable
pubdjjiqc1b31.png

what do you mean "he doesn't love"?

and i haven't seen him play in the MLS but he could have stayed in la liga

He’s said in interviews before that his favorite sport is really basketball and it’s the only one he’s passionate about. Doesn’t watch or talk about soccer at all outside of training and the games. Really made it sound like he was working a 9 to 5 just to show up clock in and clock out lol

“I’ll be honest with you,” the man from Cancún once said in a now-famous interview with Canal+. “The truth is that I’ve never been so passionate about football as to say ‘I’m a fan of Real Madrid or of this team and I’ll stand with them to the death’. I enjoy playing, but once the match ends the football is finished for me and you can talk to me about anything that isn’t football, because I wouldn’t feel comfortable doing so or like doing so.”

For Vela, football was a means to an end, a job in which he stamped his timesheet on his way in and on his way out. Former Real Sociedad manager David Moyes insisted in an interview with The Guardian that Vela “could be one of Europe’s best players if he gets into really top shape”, while Arsene Wenger obviously felt similarly when Arsenal signed the talented forward at the age of 16. Yet the player never strived to become a poster boy superstar at the Emirates, at the Camp Nou, at the Santiago Bernabéu or even for his national team, with which he’d always had an up-and-down relationship. “I’m not happy in Mexico because everyone follows me around and I don’t feel relaxed or able to live in peace,” he explained. “As for life in London, I didn’t adapt to it, or to English football.”

Not debating this. Just pointing out facts.

Let's see if the 100M you spend on Maguire is also worth every penny.

Yea it was def a crazy amount at the time but those fees often end up looking like bargains with world class players like VVD most recently. Was mindblown at the fee at the time but everything after justifies it

Although I would've preferred a Koulibaly, I still rate slabhead and the fee isdef OD but if he can help solidify a consistently weak backline then I won't even care all that much if Leicester gets their finesse on :lol:

$100m is the price the club has to pay for missing out on CL footy and not being able to attract more high profile targets as a result. I don't doubt they'd have been in the MDL race if CL footy was on the cards since they could've blown any offer outside of Paris out of the water.

Avy status :pimp:

Crazy to think how much Rio, R9, and the likes of Zizou would go for in today’s market.

Figo too,he went for 60m+ euros damn near 20 years ago

That's well over 100m today,maybe even closer to 200

Gigi to Juve the first time is another one,50m for a keeper in 2001 is still crazy but it was probably one of the best value transfer in hindsight

Figo too,he went for 60m+ euros damn near 20 years ago

That's well over 100m today,maybe even closer to 200

Gigi to Juve the first time is another one,50m for a keeper in 2001 is still crazy but it was probably one of the best value transfer in hindsight

Haha imagine a Barca-Madrid sale ala Figo in 2019.

Speaking of what-ifs; Yohann Gourcuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom