⚽️The Footy Thread: German Super Cup, International Champions Cup, Copa Libertadores

Status
Not open for further replies.
Them Arsenal away kits look ******* gorgeous!!! I haven't bought a kit in years and it might just be the time to do that.

The youth academy products look good so far (It's only pre-season I know) but I've been impressed with Nketiah, Willock, Olayinka, and John-Jules. They won't get alot of playing time this season more than likely outside of cup games and the odd sub but it's good to see us invest in youth even if we were forced to lol

I really believe Eddie and Reiss are the most ready out of the bunch. I think he should be our 3rd striker behind Auba and Laca. It makes no sense to loan him out to a Championship club at this point. Needs PL minutes.

But we def need a RB. Kingsley was ******* cookin my man AMN on that right wing :lol:

Crazy to think how much Rio, R9, and the likes of Zizou would go for in today’s market.

Zidane, Figo, and R9 were already in their late 20’s too. But what would CR7 go for today? This being 10 years after his £80 million broke the transfer record.

After Neymar went for €220 two years ago. A 24 year old Ronaldo leaving Manchester United and going to RM in this market would be €350-400.... (maybe even more, maybe even double Neymar.)

Think about that one.

Last edited:
Went to the benfica training this morning at Stanford. Maybe 200-300 people showed up, was expecting like 50-100. Didn’t know there are so many benfica fans in the Bay Area maybe because I rarely go out of the city. Makes me wonder how many Porto fans are out here.

Watched them scrimmage and train for about an hour and a half. Then one of the officials told us after the training if we line up along the railing, they’ll come by and interact with us. During the training Rui Costa was walking on the far side of the pitch but I was able to get his attention and he acknowledged and waved back. Love Rui Costa. Just the fact he waved back made my day. After the training the team walked over and applauded us but only four or five players stayed around for the fans. Lolol. If I would’ve known I would’ve worn a porto jersey.

31CEA010-D056-4D84-AFFC-F878C2952357.jpeg
F5C66B4A-8D7D-4C17-99A9-C854D3A6701C.jpeg
5F42B389-DCEC-4F8D-A83F-008E42A04CA8.jpeg

Jota came by but stopped halfway down the line. RDT stopped a couple people short of me. Caio and Florentino Luis went down the whole line. Was able to get a picture with Florentino
864A6BF5-73EE-4782-B03F-B926663225BF.jpeg

At the very end, Luisao came by and went down the whole line taking pictures, kissing babies, slapping backs, and having conversations. Probably spent a good 45 minutes making sure he got to everyone. Dude remembered me from the giants game last month. Lolol.
99BC332A-8B12-4194-9C6F-EA959330518A.jpeg

Wanted to get pictures with Rui Costa, rafa, Andre almeida, and pizzi for the one guy that asked wtf is a pizzi a while ago, but overall a good day since we hardly experience this stuff over here. And also made it to benfica twitter.
864EAFDC-3263-472F-BA36-BBCEC47FEE49.png

Thought I shared this here since you guys will appreciate it. Coworkers questioned me why I would take a random Thursday off just to go to a training.

Went to the benfica training this morning at Stanford. Maybe 200-300 people showed up, was expecting like 50-100. Didn’t know there are so many benfica fans in the Bay Area maybe because I rarely go out of the city. Makes me wonder how many Porto fans are out here.

Watched them scrimmage and train for about an hour and a half. Then one of the officials told us after the training if we line up along the railing, they’ll come by and interact with us. During the training Rui Costa was walking on the far side of the pitch but I was able to get his attention and he acknowledged and waved back. Love Rui Costa. Just the fact he waved back made my day. After the training the team walked over and applauded us but only four or five players stayed around for the fans. Lolol. If I would’ve known I would’ve worn a porto jersey.

31CEA010-D056-4D84-AFFC-F878C2952357.jpeg
F5C66B4A-8D7D-4C17-99A9-C854D3A6701C.jpeg
5F42B389-DCEC-4F8D-A83F-008E42A04CA8.jpeg

Jota came by but stopped halfway down the line. RDT stopped a couple people short of me. Caio and Florentino Luis went down the whole line. Was able to get a picture with Florentino
864A6BF5-73EE-4782-B03F-B926663225BF.jpeg

At the very end, Luisao came by and went down the whole line taking pictures, kissing babies, slapping backs, and having conversations. Probably spent a good 45 minutes making sure he got to everyone. Dude remembered me from the giants game last month. Lolol.
99BC332A-8B12-4194-9C6F-EA959330518A.jpeg

Wanted to get pictures with Rui Costa, rafa, Andre almeida, and pizzi for the one guy that asked wtf is a pizzi a while ago, but overall a good day since we hardly experience this stuff over here. And also made it to benfica twitter.
864EAFDC-3263-472F-BA36-BBCEC47FEE49.png

Thought I shared this here since you guys will appreciate it. Coworkers questioned me why I would take a random Thursday off just to go to a training.

This is awesome. Nicely done bro.

Watching the Portland vs Orlando game and Portland dude straight up knocked someone out cold by kicking him the the chin and he's arguing the yellow. :lol::smh:

luisfigo luisfigo did you see an 18 year old RB named João Ferreira play? He’s supposed to going to Juventus since Perin is going Benfica.
Perin failed his medical today

What he said. People were talking about the failed physical.

And to be honest I spent more time watching Rui Costa walk back and forth around the field more than the players. jota did impress me though. Not trying to hype him up with the usual NT hype train but I liked what I saw in his touch, footwork in traffic, and passing. But then everybody looks good compared to people like us sitting in the stands.

luisfigo luisfigo that kit btw, flames bruh, I don’t know how you got the kit that the players wear on the pitch with the date :pimp:

But I remember that game like the back of my hand. I was in HS with my basketball friends at my house, they all knew who Ronaldo was, he was famous. But I kept telling them that the best player on the team is Quaresma. That they should all pay attention cause Quaresma was better.

Ronaldo scored that game but then Quaresma scored in the end too, I was going bonkers bro. Running around the house :lol:

unpopular (?) opinion: Rui Costa is the most talented player to come out of Portugal in the past 20 years.

Rui Costa was almost 30 years old around 20 years ago too, so no :lol:

Before that, maybe yes. But I’m not even gonna act like I’m an expert on Costa.

hahaha I didn't want to say ever (although I believe it) but then people would throw Eusebio in my face and I've never seen him play so I'd have no basis of comparison.

I'd give you Quaresma but the dude had 1 good leg. Dude HAD to perfect the Rabona and Trivela because of how trash his weaker foot is.

Rui was just a pleasure to watch, sucks he got benched for an emerging Kaka.

Them Arsenal away kits look ****ing gorgeous!!! I haven't bought a kit in years and it might just be the time to do that.

The youth academy products look good so far (It's only pre-season I know) but I've been impressed with Nketiah, Willock, Olayinka, and John-Jules. They won't get alot of playing time this season more than likely outside of cup games and the odd sub but it's good to see us invest in youth even if we were forced to lol

I really believe Eddie and Reiss are the most ready out of the bunch. I think he should be our 3rd striker behind Auba and Laca. It makes no sense to loan him out to a Championship club at this point. Needs PL minutes.

But we def need a RB. Kingsley was ****ing cookin my man AMN on that right wing :lol:

I'm excited to see how they develop this season. I think Willock and Nelson will get the most minutes out of the 3 (including Nkeitah), especially if their preseason goes well. So is AMN officially a RB now, I wonder if we had a solid back up for RB, what will be done with AMN? Dude is a RW/midfielder who was slotted into RB due to desperation and just so happened to hold his own. I would love to see him get some consistent minutes in a position that is more suited for him, especially now that he has had some PL experience but it seems that won't be happening anytime soon.

Arsenal should sign Gary Cahill, especially with this Kos situation. Dude is a free agent, wages might be on the higher end but it would be a good addition to our backline

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom