⚽️The Footy Thread: German Super Cup, International Champions Cup, Copa Libertadores

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's up with these puma shorts on the chivas players being so small?

And why is chivas playing in a pre-season match when liga mx is already underway?

This Sebastian Salazar commenting on the atleti chivas game is over the top with his screaming and yelling and excitement when a play develops for a just friendly. Lolol. I have to turn the volume up and down after every play because he starts yelling.

Espn is consistently bad with their broadcasts. You think they would have at least learned to manage the audio by now.

Seriously what could Bale have done to Zidane to make him hate him so much? Do you think he cracked a joke about the headbutt incident and Zidane has been salty ever since? :lol:

I think it’s all the injuries and the fact that he can’t count on him. There was a time when the bbc was untouchable.

If I remember correctly, the tipping point was back in 2017 in March or April. Bale was forced off to an injury. He rushed back earlier and convinced Zizou he was 100% fit. First game back he leaves the pitch in midway through the first half. Forced zidane to adjust his strategy and rotations to close close out La Liga and play for the UCL final. I remember people in this thread insisted zidane should not start bale for the final even though it was was Cardiff because he would’ve pulled up lame again. He ended playing 20-30 minutes in the second half.

Asensio torn ACL on his knee.

Gotta feel for him.

Attachments

• E78521A6-3644-4FA2-8819-0B1740DE7DAB.png
    E78521A6-3644-4FA2-8819-0B1740DE7DAB.png
    559.6 KB · Views: 14

Can't see how him staying would count as a negative, gonna be playing with a point to prove when he gets chances if he stays

The Gunners attack would be so nasty if they managed to pull that off :sick:. Unfortunately for them Kroenke treats them like a forgotten stepchild. Always saving his money for the Rams :lol:

Why not save 60 mil and just pay Toby's clause??

Gutted for Marco. Not like this, in U.S. ICC. Had Asensio pegged for a rebound campaign. Coppin' both RM kits for sure. Hazard in white, Vini or baby Marquinhos in navy.
946.JPG

939.JPG
940.JPG
941.JPG
942.JPG
943.JPG

Damn....

This was an important upcoming season for him too.

Wonder if Bale will end up being part now.
So much smoke about a China move or Spurs return. Funny as hell if we end up keeping Bale after all of Zizou's theatrics. None of my Madridista brothas seem concerned about Vinicius making the swap to RW.

So much smoke about a China move or Spurs return. Funny as hell if we end up keeping Bale after all of Zizou's theatrics. None of my Madridista brothas seem concerned about Vinicius making the swap to RW.

I think you’ll be forced to keep Bale. He has all the power and leverage. I said earlier this summer he was untransferable.

But it could end up working out too.

Doubt Asensio’s injury will affect the Ceballos loan.

They dont share the same position on the field in any scheme. Just means Vini and Rodrygo should pick up a bulk of the workload.

Asensio :emoji_cry:

This was such a crucial year for his career. Goal he had was Messi-esque. And then a few minutes later he gets injured.

Anyone watch the Copa Libertadores matches yesterday?

-River vs Cruzeiro was filled with controversy over VAR. After review, River gets a PK at the 98th minute (ref had only added 6 minutes) for a foul on a corner kick that the ref shouldn't have let happen (they were way past the 96th minute before the corner was played). Luckily, Matias Suarez missed the PK attempt and the game ended 0-0.

-Godoy Cruz vs Palmeiras was a great match. With two goals from Santiago Garcia, Godoy Cruz went up 2-0 in the first half and looked like they were going to pull off the first big upset of the tournament. Palmeiras then makes it 2-1 before committing a foul on Garcia in the box. After Garcia misses the PK attempt that would've put his team up 3-1 (and given him a hatty), Palmeiras ends up tying it 2-2 and has the upper hand going back to Brazil for the second leg.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. If you guys aren't tuning in to these matches, you are missing out. Especially if you're tuning into pointless friendlies in lieu of real, competitive football.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom