⚽️The Footy Thread: German Super Cup, International Champions Cup, Copa Libertadores

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thought of United's board sitting somewhere in London puffing their chest out, because they can do things in the transfer market that nobody else can do, while going into another season with the same **** squad is just too much.

It's clear to me that United didn't have a actual plan in place going into this window. And for the life of me I can't understand how they can be THAT inept. How can you sleep at night being that poor at your job?

wait, how has that relationship benefitted atleti at all?
we sold them david villa for like 5 million
when he could've went elsewhere for 20+
but he wanted to go to atleti...so barca gave him that

they proceeded to win their only la liga title since the 90's because of the good relations

it's always been a mutual understanding of not stepping on eachother's toes
not sure why they are so mad...griez stayed one more year just to appease atleti to try and win europe in their home stadium.

Last edited:
Glad to see Tone and Gomes impress against Spurs this morning :pimp:. Trying to keep my expectations balanced after the good preseason performances so far though since it doesn't really mean much in regards to how the season is gonna look.

LVG won every game against some top sides during his first preseason before finishing 5th during the season.

Just glad that a lot of the kids have been shining on tour, like Gomes, Greenwood, Chong and Axel, and look to be forcing themselves into Ole's plans this season

Let’s be real...La liga is a one horse league
Even more so now
probably why barca have failed in europe...no competition anymore in spain

Feel awful for Bailly,dude can't ever seem to stay fit |l

Good,he's still too good to be going to China/MLS at this stage in his career

Good morning

LA Diggler LA Diggler if you don’t think Woodward is a buffoon by now, god help you. You’re about to buy Harry Mcguire (an average CB) for a world record shattering fee of €90 million.....

Butttttttttttttt United won’t fork up €60 million for Bruno Fernandes......

To make matters worse - after Bruno’s great performance against last Liverpool night and Klopp mobbing him after the game, the rumors of Bruno Fernandes going to Liverpool only gets hotter. (Remember, Liverpool they haven’t spent a single CENT this Summer).

This is the master plan English way? :rolleyes

Pretty sure I’ve never hailed Woodward as some football genius in here. Just because I don’t moan about my club’s every move doesn’t mean I agree with everything going on. Also, Maguire is not average, Leicester don’t want to sell, and the transfer market is inflated. Of course Leicester are asking for that amount. Don’t know why you’re clutching your pearls at the transfer fee. If that’s who Ole wants so be it, as I said last summer, the board needs to back the manager in the transfer market.

United have not made a bid for Bruno. Until they do, our level of interest in him is pure speculation.
781F82A5-FE28-4CAD-913A-1F51F78498FB.gif

Martial > Rashford

He should be Striker going forward.

The Martial that showed up today is but going off the past year of football Rashford is the better 9

Hopefully performances like today become the norm for him

De Rossi going to Barca is awesome

After losing last year's final to their archenemy, Boca is going all-in on this year's Copa. With Nahitan Nandez is moving on to Cagliari (keep an eye on this kid), De Rossi should seamlessly fill that void at CDM.

As much as I hate Boca, this is pretty groundbreaking. De Rossi is the best European player to sign for a Latin American club since Gignac signed with Tigres in Mexico. Hopefully these moves pave the way for more European players to feel comfortable playing in Latin America.

Pretty sure I’ve never hailed Woodward as some football genius in here. Just because I don’t moan about my club’s every move doesn’t mean I agree with everything going on. Also, Maguire is not average, Leicester don’t want to sell, and the transfer market is inflated. Of course Leicester are asking for that amount. Don’t know why you’re clutching your pearls at the transfer fee. If that’s who Ole wants so be it, as I said last summer, the board needs to back the manager in the transfer market.

United have not made a bid for Bruno. Until they do, our level of interest in him is pure speculation.

The Martial that showed up today is but going off the past year of football Rashford is the better 9

Hopefully performances like today become the norm for him

So is it Woodward or Ole’s plan to be British FC?

Also, United cannot place a bid because if they do and Sporting happen to reject it, Bruno gets an automatic 5 million Euro. Bruno has this ridiculous/genius clause in his contract.

So during these United and Sporting backdoor negotiations that have been taking place for a month plus - Sporting is telling United “YOU HAVE TO GIVE US A BID WE ACCEPT”.

But clearly United haven’t done so, which is absolutely idiotic. There isn’t a world where Harry Mcguire is worth 30 million more than Bruno.

If Mcguire isn’t average he’s still far from world class. You have MULTIPLE better CB’s in the market for half the price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom