⚽️The Footy Thread: German Super Cup, International Champions Cup, Copa Libertadores

Status
Not open for further replies.
I figured with Ramsey on the way out Arsenal would keep Ozil in the middle and get a quality winger. Is Banega capable of play on the wing? Or you think Emery will have him play center and move Ozil over? Also how many players is it now that Arsenal have and are looking at that have served under Emery?:nerd:

I won't argue La Liga being 1 but aside from Juve which Italian team has been performing well in Europe consistently?

He’s a good player only real criticism I have is he’s very reliant on his left foot. But he has pace and can pick a good pass and a has a decent shot and he’s not afraid to press and put a tackle in at all. He has the quality to play on Europe and be a serviceable player. When we bought him we knew he wasn’t gonna stay forever. Apparently we’ve already been in talks to Sign Pity Martinez (Tata with those Argentine connects) as his replacement.

11 mil would be super low risk for Arsenal if that deal happens.
Thats good to hear! i would only be worried about the transition from the MLS to the Prem but like you said, a pretty low risk purchase considering the price. Im always down for more south americans at the club

Gooners... Is it me or is Iwobi playing well under Emery?
Definitely! Emery seems to have a clear plan for Iwobi versus under wenger where he gave the youngster too much autonomy on the pitch and would look lost in the match. He's more disciplined on the wing rather than drifting around. Emery is managing his minutes well too, noticing that iwobi dosnt have the greatest stamina, hes been using him as a "super sub" getting his best until iwobi can build up that stamina

I figured with Ramsey on the way out Arsenal would keep Ozil in the middle and get a quality winger. Is Banega capable of play on the wing? Or you think Emery will have him play center and move Ozil over? Also how many players is it now that Arsenal have and are looking at that have served under Emery?:nerd:
I haven't been impressed by Banega in a couple years. But maybe I haven't watched enough of him lately. If we're going for a bigger name, I'd like to see Arsenal go for Payet or Depay. Try their mettle in the Prem again for a manager who isnt destructive or trash.

Just restored the lettering on my UCL 04-05 Shevchenko kit, the gold long sleeve one, can't believe i've saved it after treating it like crap the past year :smokin

neville is such a moron... :lol: he’s got no credibility whatsoever...

The old United values & ways were dead the minute SAF retired & Gill went on to the FA. United are officially the footy tampa bay bucs. They will make those inbred hillbilly glazers money & that’s all they care about. This is the reality for United supporters from here on out. There will be nothing but dysfunction from here on out.

Last edited:
Spot on @psk (not referring to you as new SN, not now not ever!).. I think mou should go, but we will be in same boat in 3 years regardless of managers. They will show initial backing and then pull the rug from under them year 2-3.. wash, rinse, repeat. While I admire Gary as a pundit, Jose, LVG and especially Moyes all got sacked for good reason.. RESULTS

Don’t feel bad though, Barca is not as bad a mess but we got bart, his board, & segura to keep Barca dysfunctional... Its painful to watch this club piss away The Goat’s prime years.

:pimp: United doing what needs to be done

Now get a young ambitious manager with some good attacking tactics and a director of football in there

:pimp: United doing what needs to be done

Now get a young ambitious manager with some good attacking tactics and a director of football in there
Look at these mutant inbred hillbillies... you think they care about a young ambitious manager, good young attacking players, & a football director? They care about making money & being able to take cash out when they want. They use the club like their atm just like they do the bucs. They could care less if winning happens or not. One only needs to see how they run the bucs for the blueprint of what they will do.

article-2590691-0957767E000005DC-726_634x663.jpg

The problem with United is that they’ve let all the great managers dip to other teams. The other problem is they would be looking simply at big names & not a good manager.

They don’t have the set up to look for the right manager. Plus if the inbred hillbillies are rumored to want the dotard to stay (instead of firing him & paying the balance of the extension), then he’s staying...

Edit - So these Spurs players weren’t available due to injury for the CL match but are ok for the Cardiff match today?

Last edited:
Moura isn't a great finisher but I like what he does for Spurs, always active when I see him play for them, gets into a lot of good areas, doesn't have the passenger syndrome some spurs player have.

Bournemouth destroying 10 men Watford
Maybe Eddie Howe is someone who could get a look at the United job

Last edited:
Damn near all of Sissoko's cutbacks have found a fellow player. I'm not sure what's going on

Red card for Cardiff :wow:
I don't think that's a red though. The player's movement kind of looked like a kick and the ball wasn't even remotely close but to me it just looked like a dirty tactical foul at first glance.
And the ref is Mike Dean so there's that.

Edit: Does look a whole lot worse on the replay. Ball is pretty damn far away and Ralls appears to kick at Moura's leg to take him down.
3e7561565184d7db25b364ebea9db508.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom