⚽️The Footy Thread: German Super Cup, International Champions Cup, Copa Libertadores

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mahrez had a **** first half, and killed so much momentum on that right side today. Cant believe he was still in the match and allowed to take that pen. Absolute shocking.

Would've made a killing on Mahrez's One To Watch card on Fifa 19 if he scored that smh :smh:
No idea why he's even taking the PK in the first place, Jesus was ready

Mahrez better leave the stadium early if this ends in a draw
source.gif

Well going into this game I said I would take a draw and we stay top of the table so positives. Negatives we had a golden chance to finally break that Anfield curse and go a game ahead and then Mahrez....terrible pen shouldn't have taken it

Looking like it was a call from the sideline for Mahrez to take the pen Mendy came over and let him know. So at least we know Mahrez wasn't being an ***hole its what Pep wanted. But still he needs to do better with that penalty.

Gabriel Jesus was tighttttt, good camera work.... Mahrez didn’t want any part of that penalty, that was Pep’s decision..... Pep’s L

Proud of our defense today. Sane needs to ALWAYS start, attitude or not. That pace, dribbling and threat is a game changer. I'm not even gonna waste anymore thought on Mahrez.

Pep needs to stop ******* around and stick to what works, you ain't changing anymore minds. Why sub in Jesus for Aguero, to only bypass him on a pen? People either hail you or think you a fraud, no need to reinvent anymore. Just win.

Tbf after Aguero we dont have any standout penalty takers Jesus has missed 2 of his last 3 so it is what it is no guarantee Jessu would've scored either. No one left on that pitch was a guarantee to score so in Peps mind he went with a guy that has shown he can come up in big moments in the league I get the logic behind the decision.

Stones and Laporte where perfect today btw and Mendy did well defensively.

1C57A1D8-1E0F-42EA-9A1A-1C7D6B2DE145.jpeg

This season is going to be one hell of a race if everyone keeps it up

Crazy how arsenal is 3 spots back but only 2 goals behind City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom