⚽️The Footy Thread: German Super Cup, International Champions Cup, Copa Libertadores

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tbf after Aguero we dont have any standout penalty takers Jesus has missed 2 of his last 3 so it is what it is no guarantee Jessu would've scored either

Stones and Laporte where perfect today.
Considering we had the likes of Balotelli, Yaya and Milner to this. If we go to pens in CL, I rather put my money on Ederson saving us than us shooting our way out.

Considering we had the likes of Balotelli, Yaya and Milner to this. If we go to pens in CL, I rather put my money on Ederson saving us than us shooting our way out.

Yea like Aguero is our best penalty taker but even then he only recently got very good at penalties he used to be so so himself. If we go to pens in any competition its gonna be on Ederson to win that shootout with some saves.

Feels like an L man. Thats the best we've played at Anfield since I've started to follow City. I dont even remember the last draw...2014? Those grounds are haunted, this was our chance. Our PK order should go Jesus, Sane, Sterling if Agueros not on. I dont ever want to see Mahrez take a pen in a City shirt ever again, dude was stealing PKs from Vardy and fluffing them consistently at LC.

good match today guys. Not the result I wanted but I'll take the point rather than dropping all 3 points. On to the next one. YNWA

Mahrez looking funny in the light. That shot with his weaker foot on the keepers near post with options in the box was just as bad as the missed pen.

Going to Anfield & getting a draw is an ok result especially given the difficulty Pep has had recently with Pool.

These are the types of games that make me criticize the likes of Aguero & Raheem (& whatever City forwards). They rarely come thru for the big games or later stages of cup play or the CL...

Mahrez is still a good player and was in good form going into today scoring goals and everything and he wasn't even terrible today he was decent like the rest of the front 3 considering how good Liverpools defense was today. Of course he should've done better on the pen and it was a big moment but funny in the light? nah he will be fine

Great defensive display put on by both teams. The game was even so neither really did enough to lose but didn't do enough to win either. I was impressed with Mendy and Stones today for City. This was a big game for both and they came through. Lovren had a great game as well. And nothing else to say that hasn't been said about Van Djiik. It was money well spent.

Look if Sarri can make Mertens look like a world class striker in Serie A, Morata will be fine playing for dude.

I bet Sarri’s closet in his office is stacked with XXL Chelsea Nike tops, cigerettes, & nicerette gum of all kind of flavors...

Finally got to see my first European match earlier today. Went to the San Siro to see Milan/Chievo . Higuain netted a brace, and while the opponent wasnt great, Milan played very well. Airbnb is literally 5 min from the stadium. Wore my Chicago Fire jersey and actually got a bunch of compliments and questions lol. Great experience.

20181007_112200.jpg

20181007_123646.jpg

20181007_135151.jpg

20181007_154927.jpg

20181007_165306.jpg

20181007_165544.jpg

At least we know why Pep wanted Mahrez to take the pen.
giphy.gif

Overall I think Pep actually got it right today tactics wise. Outside of that first hectic ten minutes we settled and pretty much controlled the game after that played it at our pace instead of theirs. Wasn't able to create in the box as much as we'd have wanted to but i credit liverpools defense with that cause they played great today defensively.

can we please bench pique already?
what the **** else does he have to do?

he's literally responsible for 5 dropped points and now it might be 8

Good day for chelsea, glad morata got another in the league and hapoy for barkley too. Sarri is doing wonders with this team

Kimchi Papi Kimchi Papi thoughts on your favorite player setting up Valencia's goal.
Since Comcast dropped beIN, I don’t get to watch Barca & La Liga games on the regular unless I find streams. I don’t wanna pay for Fubio tv... I’m at my niece/god daughter’s birthday brunch...

Was it oompa loompa? :lol: @ calling him a club legend... Only in his mind. Last time he played well was the last treble campaign & that was only from March thru the King’s Cup that campaign. Before that, the last time he played well was the ‘09 treble campaign & that’s only bcs Puyol had to constantly keep him in line & literally yell at him all the time... he used to smack him in the back of the head all the time... He stands out bcs he’s been able to score in games for Barca & La Roja. I never understood why people mention him among the great center backs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom