⚽️The Footy Thread: German Super Cup, International Champions Cup, Copa Libertadores

Status
Not open for further replies.
25/30

IMG_20181008_130535.jpg
final 30/30
DpALRiKXgAEIjW6.jpg:large

It wasn’t a long term deal...

Glad to see Auba & Laca doin’ well... I don’t think there was doubts about Auba, but I remember people had doubts about Laca being successful in the Prem. I knew dude would do well...

I wish these brands would bring back some of the classic kits in modern sizing. I found a mid 90s Arsenal away kit that I liked, but I forgot how baggy clothes used to be in the 90s. I'm not even exaggerating when I say that the sleeves on that size medium belonged on a 2018 XXL

It wasn’t a long term deal...

Glad to see Auba & Laca doin’ well... I don’t think there was doubts about Auba, but I remember people had doubts about Laca being successful in the Prem. I knew dude would do well...

People who had doubts about Laca Flames must have never watched him at Lyon. I will say Laca's developed a better all around game since showing up last year, but he's really flourishing right now under Emery. I'm not sure he's gotten over his streaky-ness but so far so good. We'll find out soon enough.

People who had doubts about Laca Flames must have never watched him at Lyon. I will say Laca's developed a better all around game since showing up last year, but he's really flourishing right now under Emery. I'm not sure he's gotten over his streaky-ness but so far so good. We'll find out soon enough.
You can go back & pull receipts to see who it was but that’s exactly what I said. I think I even posted stats to show his consistency including in European competition which is a great barometer to check on performance. The only weakness he has is he’s not much a threat in the air. Plus he seems like such a good dude...

Edit - Looks like Beppe Marotta might be headed to Inter... He apparently doesn't speak a lick of English & prefers to stay in Italy rather than take a job outside the country.

Last edited:
Jeezuz.... Found a repeat playing of the Valencia vs Barca game & turned it off a little after the 2nd half started. Vermaelen & oompa loompa were terrible at CB. Alba was ok defensively. I think he might've had some good tackles to. Semedo was solid to. If it were for the fullbacks, Valencia would've scored more.

Countinho was terrible, even lethargic looking. Keep seeing posts online about Arthur's showing but it was meh to me. Barca failed miserably to assert themselves & threaten Valencia in any sort of way outside Messi's brilliance. This dude is looking like a transfer bust.

This whole team looks sluggish & out of shape. They're woefully prepared to play 90 mins & impose their will on the opposition... This ain't going to be fixed this season either... This team is an absolute mess.

If this is how the team will continue to look, maybe it's a blessing in disguise that beIN got booted off of Comcast. There is no way a team with The GOAT should be lookin' like this.

Blanc could actually be a damn good fit for United.

He’s a proven trophy winning manager (despite however you may feel about the league he’s won them in, he’s won with 2 clubs)

He balances youth talent with experienced players and it’s proven to work well at PSG

He plays very attractive football, possession style just like the video said, and it was some fun footy to watch

He is a United veteran. He has a respect for the club, and he knows what the club wants in terms of play style and expectations coming through that locker room.

He’s French, so he could pull the best out of Martial and Pogba. 2 players who have been drained by the Jose bloodbath. Also Lukaku speaks like 100 languages so he could make a French connection there.

He could find some ball playing center backs and get United playing some good looking football again.

Tbh, Id actually like to see him manage United.

F I R E. Can’t wait to see what adidas comes up with (even tho I know it won’t be half as good as the fan renderings)

Never thought I’d see theday where I’m more disappointed about an international break than I am excited about the nba season tipping off

What a time

:rofl:@ the thought of anyone hiring Wenger. It’s clear the game has passed him by. He shouldn’t even coach an NT unless it’s a tiny Asian country or something.

I think Zizou will proly sit out until Juve opens up unless he takes a job higher up the chain with his club as rumored.

As for Blanc, that vid is absolutely right (if we’re talking about the United job). He needs ball playing center backs & United definately don’t have that. Also Blanc has problems with tactics & lineups in big competition (like the later stages of the CL). He almost always gets both wrong & pays for it dearly. I don’t think he has any success in the later stages of the CL. I think Bayern could be a good gig for not only Blanc but Koeman to.

Blanc is kind of in the same boat as Koeman. I think both deserve another shot although I think Koeman is a solid manager. He got the shaft for the terrible transfer buys that steve walsh made at Everton. He was never on board with any of the players walsh wanted but had to tow the club line. I was deadset against Koeman taking that job in the first place.

I remember this quote coming from walsh back then-
Director of football Steve Walsh says he is attempting to “convince” Ronald Koeman about certain transfer targets.

Something fun to watch...

Last edited:

Kind of unfair after the club went and sold all their good players but it would def be interesting seeing Henry go back there for his first managing job

:rofl:@ the thought of anyone hiring Wenger. It’s clear the game has passed him by. He shouldn’t even coach an NT unless it’s a tiny Asian country or something.

I think Zizou will proly sit out until Juve opens up unless he takes a job higher up the chain with his club as rumored.

As for Blanc, that vid is absolutely right (if we’re talking about the United job). He needs ball playing center backs & United definately don’t have that. Also Blanc has problems with tactics & lineups in big competition (like the later stages of the CL). He almost always gets both wrong & pays for it dearly. I don’t think he has any success in the later stages of the CL. I think Bayern could be a good gig for not only Blanc but Koeman to.

Blanc is kind of in the same boat as Koeman. I think both deserve another shot although I think Koeman is a solid manager. He got the shaft for the terrible transfer buys that steve walsh made at Everton. He was never on board with any of the players walsh wanted but had to tow the club line. I was deadset against Koeman taking that job in the first place.

I remember this quote coming from walsh back then-

Something fun to watch...

Yeah blanc was a goofball for that nonsense he pulled in 2016 against city in the CL

All dude had to do was play the 4-3-3 that was working so well and that fool ran a 3-5-2 :smh: :smh:

I’m not still mad about that or anything tho

I mean, all we had to do was run cavani, Zlatan, Di Maria going forward, but hey. Whatevs

Last edited:
Yeah blanc was a goofball for that nonsense he pulled in 2016 against city in the CL

All dude had to do was play the 4-3-3 that was working so well and that fool ran a 3-5-2 :smh: :smh:

I’m not still mad about that or anything tho

I mean, all we had to do was run cavani, Zlatan, Di Maria going forward, but hey. Whatevs
He played somebody to that had no business being on the pitch & it cost Blanco to. Who was that again? Was it that same campaign?

Oh damn, I forgot all about the comments he made about "reducing the quota" of black & Arab players on Les Bleus...

Blanc has some comments he gotta come clean on first

:nerd::nerd::nerd:

Just looked it up. Damn da boy was a racist? :smh:

Nvm keep him in the unemployment office

tenor.gif

He played somebody to that had no business being on the pitch & it cost Blanco to. Who was that again? Was it that same campaign?

Not sure. I personally felt that Thiago Motta needed to be replaced and in that City game it showed big time

Either Thiago or Maxwell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom