⚽️The Footy Thread: German Super Cup, International Champions Cup, Copa Libertadores

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just catching up after the weekend. I hate international breaks :lol:
Hazard is still playing on a different planet...this dude is so so good. And gets fouled a TON
I completely forgot Barca had Malcom :lol: :lol:

Def was cool to see how City played pool. Its as if pep knew he couldn't fly with them. Love that he had the courage to swallow some pride and not try to play wide open football vs a team that is scary fast going forward. He did everything he needed to in order to pull that game out...and then mahrez...
As a player....if the guy grabs the ball and wants the PK let him take it. I live by two codes on this...one if you drew the PK and want to take the shot...you earned it...if not then some one grabs the ball and takes control (Gabby Jesus). Felt bad for Mahrez when he missed but in the heat of the game idc how he was making them in practice all the time...its a completely different situation.

United should jump on jardim if that happens. Attacking footy and constantly develops youth. hopefully they honor jose's contract tho

I like Jardim & what he’s done at Monaco but The United job is a toxic one. I’d really be hard pressed for any one to take that job especially since there is no football people running that side of ops. Until they hire someone who knows what they’re doing, you have to be stupid to take that job. That team is an utter mess. 3/4 of a billion spent now on transfers alone now since SAF retired & this club is still a mess... United need to hire a football exec first & foremost so that a clear direction is established first, then a manager.

Last edited:
Well that's been exactly what the club is currently in the process of,they've been sounding out candidates across Europe since the season began.

A footy/technical director will definitely be coming in before the next managerial decision is made

Since I don't have beIN, I haven't been able to watch any Ligue Un games except for a few on one of the French networks I have. Monaco did sell off their best talent & now playing some unproven players & youngsters. Wish I could see what Jardim was doing with the team to see if his rumored firing is justified. My guess given what I've seen in seasons past is that it's not his fault. I would think his past success would've given him some latitude.

Thierry to Monaco? Good, good. First step for a Frenchman to managing to Arsenal :nerd: :pimp:

Also, can it be said enough times that the Monaco job >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Aston Villa job? Pls Thierry, take the smart move.

Thierry to Monaco? Good, good. First step for a Frenchman to managing to Arsenal :nerd: :pimp:

Also, can it be said enough times that the Monaco job >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Aston Villa job? Pls Thierry, take the smart move.
Monaco definitely >>>>> Aston :lol:

Nominees for U21 BdO (which will obviously be going to Mbappe, but still interesting to see the other names.) Happy to see Real’s Rodrygo on the 10-player list:

KOPA TROPHY NOMINEES

Houssem Aouar - Lyon/France U21

Trent Alexander-Arnold - Liverpool/England

Patrick Cutrone - AC Milan/Italy

Ritsu Doan - FC Groningen/Japan

Gianluigi Donnarumma - AC Milan/Italy

Amadou Haidara - RB Salzburg/Mali

Justin Kluivert - Roma/Netherlands

Kylian Mbappe - PSG/ France

Christian Pulisic - Borussia Dortmund/USA

Rodrygo - Santos/Brazil U20

Not to rustle more ManU jimmies but slightly am here’s this. At 4:20 is crucial. *cough Glazerpockets *cough

The Monaco project might be done now. Just like Malaga awhile back. This coming upon bought players and dipping out managers. Also adding the historical French teams getting their hood strength back and surprising people. And yes I know Lyon got clapped by PSG over the weekend

Mbappe is the hands down winner on that list... A good 1/3 of that list shouldn’t even be on there...

Russians just been gooning it up the past few days lol

Wonder what’s gonna happen with those two.

Giovinco looks to be byke in the Azzurri squad.

SN: Just an observation.... Giovinco seems to be shorter than Insigne, and Verrati is taller than Insigne

Lorenzo+Insigne+Italy+Training+Session+Press+6Vh9qN1eGsEx.jpg

Italy+Walk+Around+Press+Conference+PCm_KoHLrc6x.jpg

Sound like Flamengo middie Lucas Paqueta is headed to Milan for €35m... He was rumored to be a target for Barca. I watched him a couple of times when I had a Brazilian sports channel which unfortunately turned into a pay channels (called Premiere Brazil)... Paqueta is a hard working attacking MFer whose very physical & loves to tackle. He didn't score much last campaign but he's bagged several goals this campaign. Interested to see how he does in Italy. Always thought he deserved more caps with the Selecao...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom