⚽️The Footy Thread: German Super Cup, International Champions Cup, Copa Libertadores

Status
Not open for further replies.
El maestro with a lovely brace in our playoff win! Even when we were down a man, we managed to score a goal on nice counter! Hopefully we get Flounders next round :evil::evil::evil:

Ima a boca fan. But river plate been bossn boca as of late

i **** with boca

actually got to see boca play arsenal at the emirates when riquelme was still on their squad and RVP on the other side

I think I come up with the list of players I would like to leave

Benz - No explanation needed

Modric - Seems disinterested and looks like the wash is coming

Kroos - Need more of a dynamic player in midfield, who actually has any thought of tracking back, especially if you're playing with an aging Marcelo

Bale - Just can't stay healthy enough to be your best player

Casemiro - probably the least probable to leave, but is highly overrated, I don't care what anybody says, he's out of position half the time and can't pass, if a new coach could get him to stay in position and play like he does for Brazil, he could be salvageable

Ramos - should be downgraded to 3rd CB, has lost a step

Navas - put him back at starter until he shows you he can't do it anymore

A lot of these moves would remove the the lack of athetlicism and the slow plodding team we become, tired of watching this team getting destroyed on counter attacks

gonna hit up my local Argentine spot for the first match of the Libertadores final just for the scenes alone

RM made a bunch of terrible decisions this year, I can see them dropping a bag on piatek in January. They’ll also try to raid sevilla for some players but I don’t think anyone will go.

Verde you’re straight up tripping...and it’s f***** hilarious :rofl::rofl:

You wanna sell the whole god damn team :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I’ll take Casemiro on loan again at Porto tho >D

I'll still take Bale :nerd:

The board is lowkey telling him to go back home to Madrid :lol:

****ting on them since the summer and sabotaging the squad to prove a point seems like its backfiring for him...

Show me where I lied tho, we need a reset

I’m not saying you’re lying, I’m saying you’re emotional... there is a difference, that’s why it’s funny :lol:

Your emotions are compromising your rationality (and you’re a pretty rational dude).

Ain’t no way Madrid are getting rid of all those players in one or two transfer windows. This is soccer man, there is no cap space.

This isn’t a situation like the Knicks or Giants having to “tear down and rebuild” from scratch. All you have to do is keep adding to the squad, and gradually letting players go.

Getting rid of all those players is unheard of for any club, you’re talking about an exodus. A Sporting Lisbon type of Exodus :lol:

Not happening. But I do agree I see Benzema and Ramos with their feet out the door (maybe Modric, maybeeeee) - It’s just a matter of time for them. The rest will stay for at least 2 years.

I'll still take Bale :nerd:

The board is lowkey telling him to go back home to Madrid :lol:

****ting on them since the summer and sabotaging the squad to prove a point seems like its backfiring for him...

They should have fired dude when the reports came out that win lose or draw he was supposed to be out.

Both United and Jose are playing stupid games. Just get dude the **** outta there. This back and forth piss contest between Jose and the board is getting old. If you're not going to sack the manager, help him - If you're not going to help him, get him the **** outta the club.

JOSE. IS. TRASH. And even with help, dude ain't winning the league.

Washed.

All of them in one off season is probably too much but over the next two years they all need to go, I didnt say should go anywhere, Ramos should come off the bench next season, he'll be 33. I'm popping a bottle the day Benz leaves.

Watching players jog on counters burns my soul man

gonna hit up my local Argentine spot for the first match of the Libertadores final just for the scenes alone

The atmosphere surrounding the matches is going to be unreal. The stakes have never been this high in a Superclasico. Last time they faced off in the Copa Libertadores was in the 2015 Round of 16. Boca Juniors was disqualified after the first leg because one of their supporters threw a tear gas bomb at the River Plate players as they were exiting the tunnel to begin the second half. They're going to have to ramp up security this time around, these clubs and their supporters genuinely hate each other.

For the first leg in la Bombonera (Boca's stadium), expect to see a lot of banners like this one:
543679_20130506101617.jpg

Last edited:

I'll be heated whenever he leaves Napoli and United are nowhere in the picture to sign him

They should have fired dude when the reports came out that win lose or draw he was supposed to be out.

Both United and Jose are playing stupid games. Just get dude the **** outta there. This back and forth piss contest between Jose and the board is getting old. If you're not going to sack the manager, help him - If you're not going to help him, get him the **** outta the club.

JOSE. IS. TRASH. And even with help, dude ain't winning the league.

Washed.

Agreed that it's getting old,I wouldnt back him just for the sake of backing though given his track record with signings and how they'll end up benched and out of the squad half the time. I wouldn't trust him either if I was the board

They most likely won't sack him until a top 4 finish becomes impossible which seems to be where we're headed.

They're not nearly ruthless enough to act like a big club and cut their losses early when things are predictably heading nowhere since it would reflect badly on them for getting bullied into giving him an extension at the start of the year.

All that does is leave the club in limbo and in the middle of a lost season :rolleyes :smh:

Gonna set it on my calendar so I don't miss the Boca vs River matches, every time I say I'm going to watch I end up forgetting and miss it

Yea I’m gonna watch too, it will be the first time in my life I’ll watch a Copa Libertadores but the rivalry is drawing me in.... (I still don’t get or understand how the leagues work from Mexico to Brasil to Argentina :lol:)

Wish I was still in South Florida, I def would have met y’all you watch this. Some nice little Gaucho bar/steakhouse would be key...

Yea I’m gonna watch too, it will be the first time in my life I’ll watch a Copa Libertadores but the rivalry is drawing me in.... (I still don’t get or understand how the leagues work from Mexico to Brasil to Argentina :lol:)

Brazil has a standard double round robin tournament with 20 teams.

AFA has changed Argentina's league format several times. The league currently has a single round robin tournament with 26 teams (used to be 20 teams, then they added 10, now they're relegating 4 teams every season while only promoting 2 until it's back to 20 teams again).

Mexico has some sort of playoff system, that's all I really know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom