⚽️The Footy Thread: German Super Cup, International Champions Cup, Copa Libertadores

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ozil is inconsistent, on his day he is world class, but he does not string them together enough, imho

Yes, id rather play him because of his moments of quality, but if he is not showing it enough for the manager, than I got to trust him with that. We beat Chelsea without ozil

Ozil is inconsistent, on his day he is world class, but he does not string them together enough, imho

Yes, id rather play him because of his moments of quality, but if he is not showing it enough for the manager, than I got to trust him with that. We beat Chelsea without ozil

True, but Chelsea didn't have a striker.

Luckily Man City isn't playing at their usual top level. I just don't see the point in playing Iwobi out of position when you have a #10 available. Iwobi isn't a play maker. Might as well have played Gundouzi up there.

I just don't like Iwobi playing where he is moreso than Ozil not being in the lineup

But now it looks like Laca and Iwobi have moved out wide with Auba in the middle, that works better than what they started the game in

That through ball from Lacazette was nasty, if Aubameyang was in a better position that would have been goal.

sergio aguero.

the best striker the premier league has ever seen.
40253.original-1980.jpg

WarlikeWhichBoar-size_restricted.gif

True, but Chelsea didn't have a striker.

Luckily Man City isn't playing at their usual top level. I just don't see the point in playing Iwobi out of position when you have a #10 available. Iwobi isn't a play maker. Might as well have played Gundouzi up there.

I just don't like Iwobi playing where he is moreso than Ozil not being in the lineup

But now it looks like Laca and Iwobi have moved out wide with Auba in the middle, that works better than what they started the game in
Fair, but I'll have to disagree on both points. Even without a striker, chelsea stacked up against us is a better team, they have two actual wingers, one who can play at a wc level, their midfield is better, and they are definitely better defensively.

On iwobi, I believe his best future position is as a #10 or more so what the new 10 is like the two Silva's at city. Since he can play on the wing and whether he will be able to raise his game in both positions will come down to him and a testament of his quality. He has the ability to be a playmaker which he has shown with his key passes/through balls/assists, he just can't finish, and it's not like ozil has been dropping bangers all season for us. Once iwobi develops his scoring, if he ever does, I feel he'll be well suited in the hole. For today, I believe iwobi offers more defensively than ozil and still being able to contribute with a final ball to Auba and laca, at least that is my guess to why he is playing over ozil.

KDB shoudlve finished one of those chances. He will at some point he keeps getting looks like that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom