⚽️The Footy Thread: German Super Cup, International Champions Cup, Copa Libertadores

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya being too hard on Ander. Could we improve in his position, yeah. And maybe after today’s performance we will see fred back in there. But I don’t think he was that bad. Mata and Alexis leave so much space to cover and ander was doing the best he could. Apparently his best just isn’t good enough in ucl.

Our biggest issue was our passing, especially during transitions (first half stuck out). Too sloppy and rushed. Losing both martial and lingard killed our press which at times had psg nervous.

Ole saying all the right things post game. We got some time off till chelsea. Gotta bounce back the right way

ANDER IS NOT GOOD. HE SUCKS.
pogba is all by himself in the midfield. always has been.
i think yall rate ander cause the midfielders in the prem are garbage but he shouldn't be starting against PSG in the champs league...or starting period.

:lol: As DC would say, cultural differences. The things he’s really good at are celebrated in English football. Where he really shines is off the ball not on it. I mean the amount of ground the man has to cover for Pogba and Matic. He could flip it and say HE’S all by himself in midfield lol. Fair play to him, he puts in a shift every time out. Ideally we upgrade the position in the near future but I don’t mind him in the team at all.
If he could actually shoot??
15541EA7-BBEC-44F7-96A6-E7D242C6B18F.png

Hard working by itself isn’t good enough. Not on the top level.
If yall could retain the ball and control possession ander wouldn’t have to cover so much ground in the first place.
upload_2019-2-12_17-39-59.jpeg

I didn’t see the second half... Did Fred get any burn?

Edit - I'd take Fred at Camp Nou... he could be the pivot & then have Arthur & Frankie play in front of him...

Last edited:
Hard working by itself isn’t good enough. Not on the top level.
If yall could retain the ball and control possession ander wouldn’t have to cover so much ground in the first place.
upload_2019-2-12_17-39-59.jpeg
You can’t win the ball back for possession without pressing/having a mobile midfield tho. First half we made up for sloppy passes by pressing to regain possession, that all went away when martial/lingard left and psgs midfield began to grow into the game. I think ole made a mistake with bringing both mata and Alexis on. Basically gave up the midfield and thus the game

I know everyone has sold their Verratti stock but I thought he was class today. Marquinhos too, marked Pogba out of the match.

You can’t win the ball back for possession without pressing/having a mobile midfield tho.
I got you but what I’m trying to say is you can do that with anyone. City has one defensive mid. None of their other players are known for pressing or even tackling.
Xavi and iniesta also did it for years. Kronos and modric cant tackle for ****.

Ander works hard. That’s literally all he does.
Anyone with legs can do that.

I know everyone has sold their Verratti stock but I thought he was class today. Marquinhos too, marked Pogba out of the match.
* against a weak midfield. (Ander)
And It’s easy to man mark pogba when he doesn’t have anyone else to pass to

Uniteds front lost this game for us due to absolutely no composure up front in the first half. We would of easily had 2 gols by half.

I got you but what I’m trying to say is you can do that with anyone. City has one defensive mid. None of their other players are known for pressing or even tackling.
Xavi and iniesta also did it for years. Kronos and modric cant tackle for ****.

Ander works hard. That’s literally all he does.
Anyone with legs can do that.
I’m tracking and agree with you But we are building a team around pogba, a mf who still needs to improve on his reading of the game) until he does his partners are gonna have to carry that weight. Something the two midfields you mentioned have no problem with.

Last edited:
I don’t wanna overlook mbappe today. Jesus man.
i was not crazy about mbappes performance today tbh, he was great on the counter but looked lost in possession first half, was constantly out of place and not playing on the last shoulder.

It's hilarious to see the confidence from ya'll a few pages back transition into being broken and brought back to reality a few pages later :lol:

Premier league form can be deceiving. Europe is another matter entirely. With the exception of Pool and City no other PL squad is good enough for the CL atm.

You can spend 500M and still be a million miles away from being genuine contenders. For all the **** PSG catch, they are still a level above United barring history.

to be honest I’m no man u fan but kimpembes goal would have easily been stopped by PL De Gea, the second one from mboopi is debateable but on the attack United were like headless chickens. with P2 suspended for next game i’m expecting lukaku up top with nasty rashy playing behind him as forward inbetween the 9 and 10. A much more interesting attack albeit more defensive.

The ADM clapback. I don’t think I remember an opponent trolling his old team this much since Adebayor. Dude was on his movie villain ish antagonizing :lol:

Also had a moment when he returned to the pitch after Young pushed him where he gestured to the fans to boo louder because he can’t hear it

I never understood why MU fans were so salty about him. Like he wasn’t replaceable. Like cats will still post snakes on his social media :rofl:

i was not crazy about mbappes performance today tbh, he was great on the counter but looked lost in possession first half, was constantly out of place and not playing on the last shoulder.
His pace was mainly what I was referring too, I thought he looked good for a player who prefers to play wide and come in

Barring injury I see lingard fill the Pogba void for the return leg.

Results aside I’m not gonna let this get me down. This has been the most fun I’ve had watching united since Fergie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom