⚽️THE FOOTY THREAD: Leicester v City, Lyon v Brest, Troyes v PSG, Sandhausen v Leipzig, Wiesbaden v BVB

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks griez. appreciate it. you wanted the #7 shirt. you got it. but you wanted the 9 position. you got it.
not much else the squad can do.
koeman made good rotations. necessary especially with 2 champions league games and real madrid next weekend.
pedri was great. dest was forced in to starting with the injury problems but performed well. dembele was terrible but still walked pass getafe players. everyone else looked tired.

messi's reaction :lol:

Slabhead needed that goal and W, hope it helps him get back in form for the tough run of games coming up

Should have Mase and Tone in the squad for P$G Tuesday thankfully

Well that was enjoyable :lol:

Glad the boys didn’t give up after the early goal. Ole hasn’t lost them yet it appears.

Donny needs to start, the neat touches and his football brain are needed. Put him at 10 and put Bruno in a midfield two with either Fred or McTominay.

Special Juan is my MOTM. Got to give him his flowers while he still in the league. Legs are gone but the intelligence allows him to still be effective in some matches. Third team all PL for the 2010s for me.

rolaholic rolaholic and Armada Armada would be interested in your first team all PL for 2010s :nerd:

OMG I didn’t know this is how VVD got injured......Pickford needs to be suspended 10 games

07218A22-1F87-4D3C-899E-BE11BAB2F141.jpeg

Glad the boys didn’t give up after the early goal. Ole hasn’t lost them yet it appears.

Donny needs to start, the neat touches and his football brain are needed. Put him at 10 and put Bruno in a midfield two with either Fred or McTominay.

Special Juan is my MOTM. Got to give him his flowers while he still in the league. Legs are gone but the intelligence allows him to still be effective in some matches. Third team all PL for the 2010s for me.

rolaholic rolaholic and Armada Armada would be interested in your first team all PL for 2010s :nerd:

DDG
Evra VVD Kompany TAA
D.Silva KDB Kante
Kun Kane Mane​

Was between Baines, Azpi, Robertson and Evra at LB for me so I kinda had to lean with my guy by default :lol:

Was also tough leaving out Yaya and Mahrez but Mane and Kante have had been more consistent longer imo. Same for Kun and Kane over Vardy.

Sterling Aguero Hazard (some might put Kane in for sterling)
Silva YaYa Kante
ill put Azpi at left back to get him in there Feel like he deserves it.
Then Kompany.
Picking between Terry and Van Dijk is tough for that second center back spot. VVD has been at an incredible level best in his position since moving to Liverpool but he only moved to Liverpool towards the end of the decade and team of the decade I gotta consider that whole period. Terry was still captain of Chelsea for most of the decade and won two more league titles in that time. Think im leaning Terry...but obviously wouldn't argue with VVD either cant go wrong with either just cause he's been THAT good since being at Liverpool even if it was only at the end of the decade
Then Walker and De Gea to close out the 11

DDG
Evra VVD Kompany TAA
D.Silva KDB Kante
Kun Kane Mane​

Was between Baines, Robertson and Evra at LB for me so I kinda had to lean with my guy by default :lol:

Was also tough leaving out Yaya and Mahrez but Mane and Kante have had been more consistent longer imo. Same for Kun and Kane over Vardy.

I didn’t even think of Uncle Pat :smh: I have it.

DDG
Walker
Kompany
VVD
Dave
Kante
Yaya (unplayable for a couple years)
KDB
Hazard
Kane
Kun

For me the hard part was leaving off players like Bale and the racist because they shined brighter than most but opted for the attackers that stayed longer.

Sterling Aguero Hazard (some might put Kane in for sterling)
Silva YaYa Kante
ill put Azpi at left back to get him in there Feel like he deserves it.
Then Kompany.
Picking between Terry and Van Dijk is tough for that second center back spot. VVD has been at an incredible level best in his position since moving to Liverpool but he only moved to Liverpool towards the end of the decade and team of the decade I gotta consider that whole period. Terry was still captain of Chelsea for most of the decade and won two more league titles in that time. Think im leaning Terry...but obviously wouldn't argue with VVD either cant go wrong with either just cause he's been THAT good since being at Liverpool even if it was only at the end of the decade
Then Walker and De Gea to close out the 11

Yeah, think you would have to go Kane if you’re just picking the best attackers but if you’re trying to put together a functional front three that makes sense :lol:

You make a great case for Terry tbf. Surprised at Silva over KDB for some reason but I guess it makes sense.

Embarrassed that I totally forgot Hazard :lol: :smh:

Might slot him ahead of Mane or Kante in.

I hear you on Bale and Dracula but feel like they left right when they were about to be at the peak of their powers so opted for guys that have been around longer. Same with Coutinho

Yeah, think you would have to go Kane if you’re just picking the best attackers but if you’re trying to put together a functional front three that makes sense :lol:

You make a great case for Terry tbf. Surprised at Silva over KDB for some reason but I guess it makes sense.

Kane got a fantastic resume for the decade I wouldn't argue against it but I think Sterlings got a argument for being in team of the decade. His great season at Liverpool when they competed for the title that year, moved to City and immediately was one of our most important players and grew into a world class winger by the end of the decade add in the trophy wins he's been a part of and a YPOTY I think he's right there with Kane in the last decade.

I got Silva in over KDB for a similar reason to the stuff I talked about with Terry and Van Dijk. Silva was one of the best and most consistent midfielders in the league the entire decade from beginning to end compared to KDB who has been one of the best and most consistent midfielders in the league for half of the decade since he joined City halfway through the decade. Gave the nod to Silva cause of tenure.

Apparently Pickford has a history of these type of challenges.

He’s always looked like the type of dude who cries when he’s angry, Scrub MFer.

Kane got a fantastic resume for the decade I wouldn't argue against it but I think Sterlings got a argument for being in team of the decade. His great season at Liverpool when they competed for the title that year, moved to City and immediately was one of our most important players and grew into a world class winger by the end of the decade add in the trophy wins he's been a part of and a YPOTY I think he's right there with Kane in the last decade.

I got Silva in over KDB for a similar reason to the stuff I talked about with Terry and Van Dijk. Silva was one of the best and most consistent midfielders in the league the entire decade from beginning to end compared to KDB who has been one of the best and most consistent midfielders in the league for half of the decade since he joined City halfway through the decade. Gave the nod to Silva cause of tenure.

Sterling and Kane neck and neck for sure, Kane edges it for me. The goal scoring record speaks for itself.

Have y’all said what the plan is what Jack Harrison? Feel like y’all could use him but wouldn’t mind him coming back to United.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom