⚽️The Footy Thread: Lock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lingard, pogba, rashford all recent academy players.. I look at that Tottenham team and aside from winks (who barely plays) who else has come through?

And I thought Gonzalo was the juve record transfer ?

Any of you guys going to a pub for the CL final?

My Liverpool friend invited me to go watch at a Liverpool supporter pub lol
Gonna be interesting

You’re going to be at that pub like:
nsr.gif

Wondering if they'll get a Barca style transfer ban or if they'll get the Real treatment and get some leniency

Lannisterinho Sr is for sure scheming already with Florentino :lol:

I’ll be rather surprised if P$G get any type of meaningful punishment. Oil money holds a lot of sway not only with fifa but uefa too. The Saudis & the UAE are financially backing a lot of projects for both entities.

Listen bro, I know Portugal has never played a World Cup final but that doesn't excuse this sort of blasphemy.

World Cup Final >

Chill, WC Final slipped my mind cause it’s not an annual event like the CL or Super Bowl. But I agree, WC Final supersedes every event.....

Actually no, scratch that, Fake Copa Final > World Cup Final.

Man Arsenal wtf are you doing? The third kit, Emery? Guess we really want that Europa trophy.

3B516E28-4A12-46C6-88EF-659D19A99986.jpeg

Very interesting proposed line-up. We’d probably get raped on defense if Mascherano is the only CDM tho
Noway those 3 work in tandem at the front. I know it’s blasphemy but I would start Higuain at this point at leat we know he and Dybala can work together.

Noway those 3 work in tandem at the front. I know it’s blasphemy but I would start Higuain at this point at leat we know he and Dybala can work together.

I actually agree with this. Higuaín and Dybala have great chemistry.

Man, Liverpool about to start the weakest midfield ever in a CL final. It's gonna be an embarrassment when you look at what Modric and Kroos have done to much superior teams. Don't get too excited for this one, folks. (Unless you really hate Liverpool... then grab some popcorn and cue the Benny Hill music.)

I hate to say it but I’m not ruling Liverpool out.

Real Madrid’s Achilles heel all season has been counter attacks, particularly on Marcelo’s flank. Salah might be the best man on the planet to try exposing that weakness.

Secondly, I love La Liga’s technical mids and am not crazy about the typical prem mold, and on paper the talent Madrid has blows Liverpool out in this matchup. But, I’ve seen Henderson and Milner put on scrappy white guy clinics during their CL run. And for all of Modric and Kroos’s greatness, Casemiro has been a liability offensively. Liverpool will look to press him into a crucial mistake.

I also have a feeling RM will play the diamond formation, and if so Klopp and his boys will be salivating at Madrid playing right into their hands.

Still taking Madrid 7-0

C9A3E0CE-C4F7-43F8-BA00-7461AC3C0605.jpeg

Last edited:
^ :lol:

I think it will be kind of close with Madrid winning either 4-3 or 5-3. The full backs on both sides will dictate who wins though.

Klopp doesn’t have the substitutes available whereas Zidane does & in games like this, he’s made some stellar game time adjustments & substitutions.

Bale is an X factor too. He’s in form right now & plays well in big games.

If I'm Zidane I'm starting Bale (and I think he will), Bale has been scoring some amazing goals lately, he's healthy and in form. As for Benzema, I don't think he's scored an amazing goal his whole life :lol:

Bale would be perfect on the counter after a potential high-press mistake by Liverpool. Armchair manager convo, I'd start Bale Ronaldo up front, Isco CAM but still tracking back, Kroos and Modric as deep lying midfielders, ready to pick apart Liverpool's midfield mistakes. Cas on the bench and Asensio as supersub.

As for Liverpool, they don't have the same depth RM has so they don't have the luxury of picking and choosing. So they have to start their usual starting XI, play their game, and hope Firmino does a good job holding the ball up to create space for Mane and Salah on their counter attack.

Honestly this final has the potential to be one of the most entertaining finals in recent CL history.

Speaking of Bale, remember this throwback? This was the day he shut my *** up, I used to clown him for not having the technical ability to play in La Liga. I knew he was fast but I had no idea he was THAT fast. One of the most athletic superior goals I've ever see. To that point I thought Ronaldo was the fastest Winger I've ever saw, Bale changed that. His speed and the way he runs is out of this world, his strides are horse like. I guess he picked some of that up from Rugby? Mostly god given talent tho.

Bale didn't even have good control of the ball during his this galloping run, the pace was absurd. Funny how Barça got ride of Barta immediately during that summer :lol:

That Copa del Rey goal is classic :pimp::pimp:

The shots of injured Ron in the stands celebrating is great too :lol:

Bartra got left in the dust after Bale put on the afterburners

That Decima squad was such a fun team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom