⚽️The Footy Thread: Lock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does donorama (sp?) still have that no ucl release clause? Go get him Juve..

If cr7 wins a ucl with juve does that end the goat debate?

I’d like to see the CR7 deal done ASAP. Im more intrigued by the Domino effect it is going to cause.

Didn’t think I could like Cantona more but damn props on that Tsubasa reference even if someone wrote that for him... :lol:

A buddy of mine asked me the other day whose got more swag, Cantona or Ibra... I had to ponder that for a moment but had to give the edge to Cantona...

If I think it all comes down to what you look for in a player. Personally I think him proving that no matter where he goes, at any age, that he can win on the highest level solidifies him as the best to play. The objective of the game is to win. He's a winner. And if he continues to win at every club he's ever gone to, then he's the best imo.

But of course there will always be an argument for Messi. He's the most skillful player of his generation, his trophy closet matches that of Ronaldo's, and he's been the face of an organization since the responsibility was put on him. Messi is a winner as well.

But we've never seen Messi prove that he can win without the Barca machine behind him. We will see this season though. No Iniesta, Xavi has been long gone, Suarez is long in the tooth, and the young talent needs to mature. Messi will have his hands full with leading Barca to another CL.

But for now, Ronnie got that ****

Not an issue it just makes sense to allow an extra sub for games that go to extra time. Another 30 minutes of play one more sub allowed

ronaldo can't pass
he's not the goat

but honestly don't know how to feel about the transfer rumor.
can't imagine madrid without ronnie

Last edited:
How do y’all keep up with so many leagues and all their players? This WC been so lit I’m trying to get into it more I just don’t know where to start :lol:

How do y’all keep up with so many leagues and all their players? This WC been so lit I’m trying to get into it more I just don’t know where to start :lol:

That's the beauty of footy in Europe. Different leagues entirely. The only time you may find yourself in a pickle is multiple clubs you support clash in Champions League.

Just watch the Champions League, start there. It’s the best quality of football with the best players in the world. Then the rest will follow, it’s not that hard. Only a few teams in a few leagues are worth watching.

Hmmm let’s see, hmmmmm, lI remember Real Madrid before Ronnie.....

They sucked, they were terrible. Losing to Lyon in the quarters of the CL every year. :lol:

Man United and Barça were the biggest teams in the world, RM went missing for a while.

Before Ronaldo, Porto had a more recent CL title than Real Madrid had, (think about that), those were the days :pimp: :lol:

Honestly, I don't have it in me.. I just keep it to big stuff WC, champions league, el classico

I mean if I catch a game on with solid teams I'll check it out.. but only time I'm really really invested is WC

Which sadly is saying more than NBA or MLB right now

Nobody here keeps up with with every team in every league, its the top teams, their favorite teams, top players & big matches which equates to following one league

Ronaldo already passed Messi during the 3peat, Euro Cup, and with Ballon d'Or #6 coming later this year

He's also already proved he can win outside Real Madrid winning CL and Ballon d'Or at United

He's also the #2 international goal scorer of all time and #1 CL goal scorer of all time. How people can even pretend Messi is still the goat is laughable, especially with his performance this world cup and getting shut out from CL the last 3 years.

Yea only league I really keep up with is the EPL because of Manchester City so by default most league games imma watch are gonna be EPL ones and of course the Champions League. If I got time ill check games from clubs with former City players like Roma for example to see how they doing, if City are heavily linked to a player transfer wise i'll try to catch a couple of their games if I can to get an idea of how they play and not just rely on highlights and just other big matchups in general from the other leagues when they come around.

Speaking of Spurs wouldn't be opposed to a Harry Kane bid, gotta replace CR's goalscoring, I know he just signed a new contract but with Levy it would be difficult anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom