⚽️The Footy Thread: Lock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I must say, I'm a little disappointed we didn't get to see the CR7/Pipita duo again. They were truly prolific together at RM back in the day.

Garber must be full of himself if he thinks Ibra owed anyone an appearance at the ASG :lol:

Unrelated,Tone is reporting back to training tomorrow after his BM had some complications during labor

Martial FC still out here :pimp:

Don't understand French but didn't need G-Translate to know what the last sentence means :pimp: :pimp:

Garber IS full of himself. I feel bad for anyone that spent money expecting to see Zlatan and Ronnie....suckers :rofl:

So glad Higuain won't be coming to the bridge :pimp:

I'd honestly be fine with us not making anymore transfers. Just get rid of Drinkwater if possible :rolleyes

I must say, aside from CR7 going to Juve, this has been a pretty uneventful summer transfer window. Especially for a WC year.
Probably at least in part due to the overall market inflation combined with WC performances further driving up prices.
At least Pool has had a great window, we're up to a grand total of 0 signings and we seem to be targeting wingers more than anything. Our priority needs to be a midfielder, not an attacker. Someone who could kind of fit Dembele's role as he's been struggling with his fitness and reports that he's looking to move to a different league for that reason. Winks has looked good when fit but he's coming back off a long injury and it's hard to judge how fit or injury prone he is now.
It's a sad day when our midfield status has gotten to the point of a potential Sissoko injury being a major concern.

Last edited:
Our roster is a talented mess.

No 9, too many young talented midfielders. Either we play a 4-3-3 which means benching Isco and making no sense. Or we play Isco in the diamond and depend on struggle Benz+injury prone Bale while Asensio and possibly Vinicius struggle to find minutes and grow.

I hate that Benz seems untouchable. Dude needs to make way for the youth. Run a 4-4-1-1. Asensio/Vinicius @ LM. Bale as CF.

DjiICwsXcAAI3po.jpg

RLC on subs :pimp:

he looked ok...he got an assist after a good move but there were a handful of other opportunities where his final ball was pretty poor
His finishing/decision making in the final 3rd was meh, but he was blazing up & down the flank. Barca really couldn't defend him well in that respect.

Taking out Casemiro & Benz against certain teams will open up the line up, coming off a long summer I expect injuries to pop up

Morata has to finish that penalty though smh

Yeah, that was a poor penalty

Props to Jorginho for telling Morata not to worry about it

Jorginho is a good leader on the pitch. I can see why he's a likable bloke

Good start for Chelsea

Hudson-Odoi is on a mission

Dude is nice for sure. Someone in here was talking about him before and I thought he was that dude that kinda looks like ozil with dreads this whole time :lol:

This is first pre season game I’ve been able to watch , guendouzi looks good so far :pimp:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom