⚽️The Footy Thread: Lock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
3 points :pimp: gg Huddersfield they made it tough fr. KDB had his first bad game of the season. Think he should rest against Southampton midweek. Fortunate bounce for Sterlings 8th of the season :lol::pimp:

man city and psg clearly playing the best football right now
hope madrid draws one of them

A girl I’ve been dating for a few weeks got me this scarf :rofl::rofl::rofl::nthat::nthat:

She kept asking me who this dude is on my iPhone background :emoji_joy::emoji_joy:

E6FA28FD-AD3A-431A-A2F5-0AAC84B0FDC4.jpeg

mark clattenburg openly admitting he was scared of fergie :smh:
"his stare would send chills down my spine"....BAN

saying he was the hardest to deal with and always wanted more extra time

The EPL is just a flat out tougher league. ‘Purists’ love to hate it because many teams play pragmatic games and put 10 guys behind the ball against big clubs, so you’re not going to see the youngsters in the EPL do as crazy of numbers as you would in Ligue 1, La Liga, bundesliga, etc. This doesn’t mean the top teams in La Liga and Bundesliga aren’t as good as the top teams in the EPL (obviously), I just see the style of play tend to be much more open and less defensive in those other leagues in comparison with the EPL.

Look at the prior argument about Bernardo and transitioning to the EPL. It’s just a tough league.

Such a poor myopic view & statement especially considering the terrible performance of English clubs in European play going back 10-15 years or so. If it's such a man's league how come they do so poorly against the smallest sides from other countries like Basel or Koln?

La Liga is factually & statiscally the best league not only now, but has been for many years, & easily the best league in the world for a mix of technical quality & entertainment.

The fact that every single one of the last twelve European and international club trophies (Europa League, Champions League, UEFA Super Cup, FIFA World Club Cup) have been won by La Liga clubs is sufficient testimony to that (9 of the last 19 Champions Leagues, too)

I love when people say the EPL is more competitive than La Liga. Look at what smaller clubs have been able to do to Real Madrid this season. Heck, look at last season too when Madrid floundered against the likes of Alaves, Malaga, Celta Vigo, Villarreal, & Real Sociedad.

La Liga offers the same kind of threat to dropping points as the EPL cheerleaders claim that are unique when England's big clubs go to Stoke or Crystal Palace or Burnley, but with 2 very important distinctions.

1. Teams like Eibar, Alaves, Malaga, Celta Vigo, Real Sociedad, & Villarreal constituently have to gone toe-to-toe with the big guns in La Liga not only with vastly smaller budgets than Barca & Madrid, but with even less financial resources compared to Stoke, Crystal Palace, Burnley (even the top Championship teams).

2. Aside from the financial aspect of La Liga's mid table & smaller teams like Eibars, Malagas, Alaves, Granadas, & Osasunas compared to the mid table & below Prem teams, the La Liga teams earn their "shock results" through a reliance on great coaching, great scouting, producing top flight locally developed talent, technically excellent players, & excellent tactics not long balls, 100 miles per hour football (that produces putrid football like burnley played today), & gladiator like physicality.

When I hear Prem stans say the EPL s faster & more physical it always reminds me Nigal Tufnel in Spinal Tap saying his amps go to 11. Mans league indeed. That style doesn't produce anything & it hasn't going 10-15 years now that's why the league is so dependent on not only players from other leagues but also managers.

Fact is since the Prem was formed in 92, there have been 6 league winners including @heggsy FC, in that same period, La Liga has had 5 different league winners.

The biggest reason foreign players have trouble adapting to England is because the clubs fail miserably to help adapt the players to the new culture to help ease the transition. Sure some of them fail because they can't play to the higher level but they fail for the same reason why young English players can't hack it. Not because the league is a "Man's League". :lol:

Last edited:
If it's such a man's league how come they do so poorly against the smallest sides from other countries like Basel or Koln?
:lol:

yeah the "man's league" had me scratching my head as if young players don't flourish in the PL or can't adapt quickly
then used memphis, adnan, and pareira as a guide....the BPL isn't the reason why they didn't do well.
i would look at the managers first

Woke up late, finished watching the w hour or so ago. Burnley smash and grab :rofl: dumb foul. Shame we didn't thrash them. Only 1 point behind chelsea and 4 behind mu :pimp:
///
About to try to get a nfl bar to put on psg and barca lol

4 midfielders today.
i would've rather had paulinho start over rakitic but we are getting them both.
vermalaen back from the dead.

Such a poor myopic view & statement especially considering the terrible performance of English clubs in European play has been so poor for 10 years or so. If it's such a man's league how come they do so poorly against the smallest sides from other countries like Basel or Koln?

La Liga is factually & statiscally the best league not only now, but has been for many years, & easily the best league in the world for a mix of technical quality & entertainment.

The fact that every single one of the last twelve European and international club trophies (Europa League, Champions League, UEFA Super Cup, FIFA World Club Cup) have been won by La Liga clubs is sufficient testimony to that (9 of the last 19 Champions Leagues, too)

I love when people say the EPL is more competitive than La Liga. Look at what smaller clubs have been able to do to Real Madrid this season. Heck, look at last season too when Madrdi floundered against the likes of Alaves, Malaga, Celta Vigo, Villarreal, & Real Sociedad.

La Liga offers the same kind of threat to dropping points as the EPL cheerleaders claim that are unique when England's big clubs go to Stoke or Crystal Palace or Burnley, but with 2 very important distinctions.

1. Teams like Eibar, Alaves, Malaga, Celta Vigo, Real Sociedad, & Villarreal constituently have to gone toe-to-toe with the big guns in La Liga not only with vastly smaller budgets than Barca & Madrid, but with even less financial resources compared to Stoke, Crystal Palace, Burnley (even the top Championship teams).

2. Aside from the financial aspect of La Liga's mid table & smaller teams like Eibars, Malagas, Alaves, Granadas, & Osasunas compared to the mid table & below Prem teams, the La Liga teams earn their "shock results" through a reliance on great coaching, great scouting, producing top flight locally developed talent, technically excellent players, & excellent tactics not long balls, 100 miles per hour football (that produces putrid football like burnley played today), & gladiator like physicality.

When I hear Prem stans say the EPL s faster & more physical it always reminds me Nigal Tufnel in Spinal Tap saying his amps go to 11. Mans league indeed. That style doesn't produce anything & it hasn't going 10-15 years now that's why the league is so dependent on not only players from other leagues but also managers.

Fact is since the Prem was formed in 92, there have been 6 league winners including @heggsy FC, in that same period, La Liga has had 5 different league winners.

The biggest reason foreign players have trouble adapting to England is because the clubs fail miserably to help adapt the players to the new culture to help ease the transition. Sure some of them fail because they can't play to the higher level but they fail for the same reason why young English players can't hack it. Not because the league is a "Man's League". :lol:

Fam missed the whole point.

We know you like La Liga though.

anyone see the end of the lazio game? player went down in the box i think he got kicked so he went down like his leg was broken, got up after a few seconds got an overhead kick on target then the ref went and looked at the VAR and gave a penalty for said kick, mind you they were already in extra time

We’re talking about teenagers/young players ability to succeed in different leagues. Bernardo was brought up as having struggled a bit to adjust to the EPL after flourishing in Ligue 1 last year. The physicality in EPL seems to be greater than in other leagues and for young players that may not be fully physically mature, it’s going to be more difficult to succeed than it may be in other leagues. That’s not to say all youngsters in England fail or that they’re more talented than in other leagues, I’m just giving the reason as to why we see some of these young players post lesser numbers and “success” than young players in some other leagues.

You yourself love to point at some of the brute-ish tactics of some EPL managers. I noted many of the teams playing 10 behind the ball against big clubs. I’m not saying these tactics make better football, but they are difficult to play against and the effects can be especially noticeable with young players until they learn to adjust.

I’d be curious to see stats on the total number of chances created by league and then the total number of goals by league as well as the total number of fouls. Maybe that will portray a different story than the one I’ve seen with my own eyes when watching EPL games compared to other leagues but it just feels like the physicality and tactics in the EPL is very difficult to play against, hence the struggles certain youngsters face in adjusting to the style of play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom