⚽️THE FOOTY THREAD: PSG v Bayern

Who Will Win Champions League?

• Bayern Munich

• Paris Saint-Germain

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Real Madrid are getting rid of the pink tiger sleeves? God damnit. How did Verde Shuttles Verde Shuttles and flyeed flyeed pull that off?

34234850-7BC5-46E0-B2F1-16FA5E0E26AE.jpeg

IDK how y’all did it, adidas never scraps designs. Y’all were obviously shook when I called them “the Carole Baskin kits”.

I was ready man :smh:
F0DB00A6-5239-4F98-B17F-60871FF5F256.jpeg

Here’s Florentino on hold to speak to Adidas execs after his underlings finally built up the courage to show him the plans for next year’s kit:
Captura-de-pantalla-2019-01-07-a-las-14.56.45.png

Wow...I never knew they did a revote in 2013 to stop Ribery from winning. That's terrible. I always believed he should've won it this year but didn't pay super close attention to these things like I do now.

"The closest to winning it was @FranckRibery, who was unofficially claimed to have won when the voting ended, only for FIFA to re-open voting when Ronaldo scored a hat trick against Sweden, while Ribery was out injured, allowing Ronaldo to win. "

One thing to remember is the Balon d’Or is no longer merged with the FIFA player of the year award (which was stupidly rebranded as The Best.) Since the merger ended in 2016, the winner of the best has gone on to win the bdo all 4 times. It maybe doesn’t have the same illustrious ring to it, but it’ll just have to be given the highest level of recognition this time around. Just because Ligue 1 decided to prematurely end its season doesn’t mean dudes like Lewa (the front runner) and Benz shouldn’t get their chance to shine.

If the BdO is contingent on the ligue 1 season, then you might as well scrap the award entirely because someone from there hasn’t won it in 30 years. And during that time Neymar was the only person from Ligue 1 to make the last 3, but wasn’t ever anywhere close to winning.

Last edited:
Zaha runs into the issue of being really good, but not good enough for the top teams and deemed too expensive for the teams below that level. He still should be somewhere better than CP

It’s laughable that they’re using Ligue 1 as an excuse because they’ve only produced a BdO winner on one single occasion.

No no, due to my dad being a Frenchy I had to listen to countless stories of Platini and then Zizou. So that’s two French Ballon D’or winners right there.

EDIT: Thought you meant Countrymen not clubs, my bad.

No no, due to my dad being a Frenchy I had to listen to countless stories of Platini and then Zizou. So that’s two French Ballon D’or winners right there.

EDIT: Thought you meant Countrymen not clubs, my bad.

Yeah meant clubs, Marseille in 91 is the only one

Zaha runs into the issue of being really good, but not good enough for the top teams and deemed too expensive for the teams below that level. He still should be somewhere better than CP

I really want to see Zaha with an actual team. If he had skills around him i think he could flourish like a Rihad Mahrez or an Christian Pulisic type role.

But there are players that you can see are talented but just might not be able to cut it on the big clubs. I hate to say it but its kind of how i see Jack Grealish. So many people actually rate him but i don't know if i see him being a great player at a top club

Yup. Called it forsure. I'm seeing a lot of neutrals on twitter pissed about the decision and saying the more legit award nowadays is the FIFA player of the year

Meh....I’m neutral in this situation and I think the FIFA player of the year award is a joke :lol:

Remember Salah won the Puskas award for a good goal but there were plenty better goals :lol:

Meh....I’m neutral in this situation and I think the FIFA player of the year award is a joke :lol:

Remember Salah won the Puskas award for a good goal but there were plenty better goals :lol:

agreed. either way the ballon d'or is the one I'd want personally. lewa was robbed

Seems like Havertz to Chelsea is actually going to happen, I guess they still have money to fix the other issues too.

We have money

It's just we need to balance our spending with revenues and sold players due to FFP

For Havertz, I am not going to get my hopes up until Chelsea FC's announcement

If rumors are true, I assume it will be around 70-80 mill euro + add-ons

If chelsea lose against pool and wolves to finish the year regardless of what man u does weds, a draw vs leicester means leicester + man u would go into the top 4 above chelsea on GD :emoji_eyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom