⚽️THE FOOTY THREAD: PSG v Bayern

Who Will Win Champions League?

• Bayern Munich

• Paris Saint-Germain

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sarri rolling in his grave seeing all the love Frank's been getting for finishing lower than him and trophyless :lol:

We bought Jorginho, Kepa and Kovacic during Sarriball season. Only 72 points under Sarriball after 70 points with Conte's second season

🤷‍♂️

Basically 90% people wrote Lampard & CFC off at the start include myself. Didn't think we'd make top 4 💀 :lol:

As much as I love Wilder's performance. Klopp got my vote

Alessandro Diamanti scored a sick chip in the A-League today, first goal in the clip. Second goal is not too shabby either.

We bought Jorginho, Kepa and Kovacic during Sarriball season. Only 72 points under Sarriball after 70 points with Conte's second season

🤷‍♂️

Basically 90% people wrote Lampard & CFC off at the start include myself. Didn't think we'd make top 4 💀 :lol:

As much as I love Wilder's performance. Klopp got my vote
Eh you guys still finished 3rd and added the American :emoji_goat: ,Kova full time and brought back the talented young guys from loan so I don't think the cupboard was as dry as it gets made out to be :lol:

He had a solid debut season no doubt but just interesting seeing the different standards applied to different managers.

Sarri got the sack after an objectively more successful season while his successor is a COTY candidate :lol:

It's between Klopp and Wilder for me. Thought Nuno would've deserved a shout too had the Gunners not knocked them out of European competition after winning the FA Cup

Really not sure what we should do with the center backs today. Laporte of course but next to him I dunno. Garcia has been good but he's still only 19 and doesn't have the physique, strength or speed of dealing with someone like Benzema if he's coming at him one on one. Stones redemption arc? Id be comfortable with that if we started Rodri and Fernadinho in front of the backline..but what if Fernadinho starts CB been very good there in matches but in my mind its still a slight role of the dice. Otamendi a certain huge no he's the only reason we conceded in Madrid in the first place otherwise we could've gotten outta there with a clean sheet.

Thats my only question on the lineup today.

Would be foolish to think this is anywhere near over for sure though. Reals core still consists of dudes who just did something never done before in this competition not long ago and are current league winners.

rolaholic rolaholic you guys thought Ole was the second coming of Jesus when he strung together a few wins for you after Mou got sacked....

Don’t **** on Chelsea’s parade, Lampard had a nice season.
I'm not, literally just commenting on different standards getting applied :lol:

Already acknowledged they had a solid season and they do look promising for the future.

Not sure what Ole bouncing the club back from the dark cloud under Mou has to do with anything but you don't see me arguing that Ole should've been nominated even though he finished the season strong and beat Frank h2h twice in the league do you?

I'm sure he would've if he was British though :lol:

If it's anyone's parade I'd like to **** on it's your guys' captain getting more credit in the press than your best players

There will always be a bias towards Englishmen, it’s the EPL. Sarri left for Juventus, you’re acting like Chelsea sacked him or something. That little comment about beating Chelsea twice shows why you’re actually salty though :wink:

Naa I just stated facts :lol:. Actually don't think Ole deserves the nod myself given that the club finished where it should have with the players at his disposal IMO.

Finishing outside of CL quali would've had me questioning him at the helm just as any manager before him

Feel like it should be reserved for managers really going above and beyond what's been expected of them like Wolves, Soton, Leicester and Sheffield or managers achieving something historic like Klopp.

Thats my 2 cents though, it is what is :lol:

Lamps did do a good job for someone who only had one year of experience, coming from a second tier team. He has his flaws of course and him being a Chelsea man and a Brit was given a warp speed promotion that 99% of managers wouldn't get out of the blue like that but it ended up paying off in the short term.

I hope he continues to improve, he's shown to be flexible in changing formations and rotating players (aside from Mason Mount who must be his illegitimate child).

Looking forward to seeing if OL can pull off the upset more than anything today :nerd:

Zizou vs Pep has intrigue though

Eh you guys still finished 3rd and added the American :emoji_goat: ,Kova full time and brought back the talented young guys from loan so I don't think the cupboard was as dry as it gets made out to be :lol:

He had a solid debut season no doubt but just interesting seeing the different standards applied to different managers.

Sarri got the sack after an objectively more successful season while his successor is a COTY candidate :lol:

It's between Klopp and Wilder for me. Thought Nuno would've deserved a shout too had the Gunners not knocked them out of European competition after winning the FA Cup

Sarri never intended to stay with Chelsea longer. He wanted Juventus. Juventus wanted him

We lost only Courotis. We were able to replace him with Kepa who had a good season in La Liga

Hazard and Giroud saved Sarri's season pretty much even though Sarri had Morata at the start plus he got his personal striker Higuaín in the winter transfer window

Pulisic suffered two injuries before pandemic. Healthy Pulisic hasn't reached at the level of Hazard yet. So it doesn't make a big difference if he stayed healthy. He got a long way to go. Kovacic is definitely our best player this season. RLC and CHO weren't 100% after they came back from Achilles injury. They were better players under Sarri than Lampard

The victim Bale is currently playing golf

Again, could've easily nipped all that in the bud by selling him ages ago :lol:

Now he's just chilling in the bed he and the club made for each other. Shame it's gotten so bad but really could've been avoidable.

Hasn't really affected the team to much on the pitch though at least

Crystal+Palace+20-21+Home%2C+Away+%26+Third+Kits+Released++%282%29.jpg

Wow :lol:

Probably the first Palace shirt I don't buy in a while.

The victim Bale is currently playing golf

I don’t really care he’s golfing, I mean dude already stayed his *** home. I’m not expecting him to watch el chingurito pregame show countdown. But people here don’t even realize they give Gareth the ultimate lad pass. If he were Colombian/Brazilian etc he wouldn’t be offered it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom