⚽️THE FOOTY THREAD: PSG v Bayern

Who Will Win Champions League?

• Bayern Munich

• Paris Saint-Germain

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we come up with 5 cheaper/better lb options for Chelsea?
For half the price you could probably get any of the likes of Grimaldo, Reguilon, Tagliafico, Telles or Lodi easy.

I get the thinking though with Chilwell being PL proven so Frank wouldn't be taking as much of a risk as bringing in someone from abroad but it definitely feels like another slabhead situation with the mad english tax.

Leicester have been EATING off their English talent man :lol: :sick:, gotten more combined for Maguire and Chilwell than they did for former PL POTY's in Kante and Mahrez...

At this rate Maddison won't be sold for less than 100m :lol:

For half the price you could probably get any of the likes of Grimaldo, Reguilon, Tagliafico, Telles or Lodi easy.

I get the thinking though with Chilwell being PL proven so Frank wouldn't be taking as much of a risk as bringing in someone from abroad but it definitely feels like another slabhead situation with the mad english tax.

Leicester have been EATING off their English talent man :lol: :sick:, gotten more combined for Maguire and Chilwell than they did for former PL POTY's in Kante and Mahrez...

At this rate Maddison won't be sold for less than 100m :lol:
Frank has a special love for Englishmen.

I feel like I saw a lot of Bayern fans clamoring to bring him back especially after the train wrecks of Ancelotti and kovic.

forsure immediately after there were a lot of casuals that wanted him back because those guys were so bad, but in the forum most of us saw what was going on. he's too smart for his own good and his ego doesn't allow him to keep it simple and win. it has to be complex and all these little twists. don't get me wrong he did an amazing job implementing his style of play and turning us into a well oiled machine in the league, but in Europe when the big games came he tinkered way way too much and after 3 years of it, it was just too frustrating to take.

sidenote: I'll take that thiago jersey :lol:

Aouar & Dembele got one more year max at Lyon
Lyon was preparing and expecting both of them to be sold this summer, Dembele for sure. Idk if that changes now that they made it this far in the CL. Their stocks have certainly gone up.

Netflix has a Doc on Nicholas Anelka

This was a good watch. There was a lot that I didn't know. If you haven't seen this, def check it out

City going out with a billion in the bank

1597585515274.jpeg

Shoutout the athletic for giving muller some love in their article about the barca match. Dude is so underappreciated because he doesn't have the flair like most superstars, but he is massive on the pitch

It was a win won by 16 Mullers, playing Muller football, harrying and harassing the opposition high up until they fell apart. The similarity between the team and the man whose identity they channelled like never before went so far that many seasoned commentators wondered if… Bayern had actually been all that good? The very same question has been asked of Muller since he first burst onto the scene in 2009.

Thin, ungainly, unflashy to the point of looking entirely ordinary, he’s the anti-superstar in the age of nutmegs memes and YouTube compilations. Millions of football fans who don’t support Bayern or Germany are still unsure of what he does and how he does it — other than that it’s invariably right.

Friday night’s match was the fifth time Bayern have scored eight or more goals in a league or European game this century. The only Bayern player involved in all those routs (8-1 v St Pauli and then 9-2, 8-0 and 8-0 against Hamburger SV) — guess who? — was Thomas Muller, triggering Bayern’s ball-hunting pack from his preferred shadow striker position.

It probably won't happen because of TV money but I really do hope UEFA sticks with single elimination knockout ties moving forwards. The games are so much more engaging from the offset and more unpredictable given the higher stakes and lower margin for error giving the whole thing a March madness feel where upsets can happen to anyone.

Just about each game has been 🔥 under the new format :pimp:
Nah .... need that home and away feel .... no neutral ground ish either

Shoutout the athletic for giving muller some love in their article about the barca match. Dude is so underappreciated because he doesn't have the flair like most superstars, but he is massive on the pitch
Muller gives the best interviews as well.. was gases when United was linked to him

Muller gives the best interviews as well.. was gases when United was linked to him

Muller is a beast. I would have loved him in the Prem (United :evil:) But that dude is too German lol I knew he would never leave.

Screen Shot 2020-08-16 at 12.06.36 PM.png

I'm watching the leeds Doc and the fans were upset about Bielsa allowing Villa to score the goal. They are pissed about the situation, but that's actually quite honorable. Plus, regardless if they had won or not, leeds would still have been in third. You have to wonder about people and their morals.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom