⚽️THE FOOTY THREAD: PSG v Bayern

Who Will Win Champions League?

• Bayern Munich

• Paris Saint-Germain

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fam we would be absolutely stupid to fire Pep. Man has one year left just go again and see out the last year of his contract

Pep will get another extension, watch. The only threat of him leaving was the ban. That’s now gone.

He’s never had it so good when you think about it. Why would he leave for Juve or Barça. Both teams are broke. He’s gonna get that re-up.

Fam we would be absolutely stupid to fire Pep. Man has one year left just go again and see out the last year of his contract
0E710B7A-EC7F-43DC-AC40-139C3A7E7272.gif

1DF6C063-672F-43A6-8BF6-7285AA108452.gif

As someone who watched it firsthand for 3 years and then saw the fallout afterwards, you want to get away from pep sooner than later imo. He's not good at transfers for anything but attacking positions and constantly falls flat in the biggest games with the same mistakes over and over again. It took us 3 years to figure it out after he left, but I don't think there's any real bayern fans at this point who would want him back as our manager. Those 3 years were miserable being called the best team in the world only to have him tinker with guys' positions in knockout games and get embarrassed on the world stage. Just my 2 cents though. 🤷‍♂️

Sancho seems to be having a ball at dortmund. Maybe he's really not planning to leave :emoji_thinking: also watch his ig story. he posted all the player karaokes there :rofl:

I think there are two possible explanations for Pep getting cute in CL knockouts

1) he actually gets shook and overthinks stuff

or

2) winning alone isn’t good enough for him. He can’t just roll out the better XI. It has to be about him. He wants to relive the thrill of when he was on top of the football world and everyone was slurping him. He wants to find his next “false 9” stroke of genius. He can’t accept that he’s peaked and never going to have that same rush again. Which should be ok. But it isn’t for him.

Now every CL knockout he’s going to have the cognitive dissonance kick in. If he just plays normally and lets his players win the match going forward, then all of those previous KOs will have been a waste. But he needs the credit and the headlines. Or else now it’s just about how much money he had to spend to win.

Just watched the match. Had it recorded and avoided this thread, social media and texts til I had a chance to watch it.

WOW! What a match and big props to Lyon for making my dream come true. That **** was awesome to watch. I am so glad that bald fraud is out of the CL YET AGAIN!!! He just isn't that great of a manager and this again proves it.

Dembele da super sub :pimp:

Time go go back through the pages to see the inevitable hilarity in this thread lol.

Man, that miss by Sterling was something else. Also, City are so ****ing lucky to have a player like KDB. He's too class for such a classless club, please go somewhere else KDB!

I think there are two possible explanations for Pep getting cute in CL knockouts

or

2) winning alone isn’t good enough for him. He can’t just roll out the better XI. It has to be about him. He wants to relive the thrill of when he was on top of the football world and everyone was slurping him. He wants to find his next “false 9” stroke of genius. He can’t accept that he’s peaked and never going to have that same rush again. Which should be ok. But it isn’t for him.

Now every CL knockout he’s going to have the cognitive dissonance kick in. If he just plays normally and lets his players win the match going forward, then all of those previous KOs will have been a waste. But he needs the credit and the headlines. Or else now it’s just about how much money he had to spend to win.

Dayum :lol: :sick:

Could be both too.

As someone who watched it firsthand for 3 years and then saw the fallout afterwards, you want to get away from pep sooner than later imo. He's not good at transfers for anything but attacking positions and constantly falls flat in the biggest games with the same mistakes over and over again. It took us 3 years to figure it out after he left, but I don't think there's any real bayern fans at this point who would want him back as our manager. Those 3 years were miserable being called the best team in the world only to have him tinker with guys' positions in knockout games and get embarrassed on the world stage. Just my 2 cents though. 🤷‍♂️
I feel like I saw a lot of Bayern fans clamoring to bring him back especially after the train wrecks of Ancelotti and kovic.

or

Couldn’t have said it better myself. Having read the book about his time at Bayern, I can say I feel like it’s him trying to be cute. Pep is a great manager but even he is a victim to his ego

It probably won't happen because of TV money but I really do hope UEFA sticks with single elimination knockout ties moving forwards. The games are so much more engaging from the offset and more unpredictable given the higher stakes and lower margin for error giving the whole thing a March madness feel where upsets can happen to anyone.

Just about each game has been 🔥 under the new format :pimp:

Well deserved for KDB, glad it actually went to the best player this season instead of the one with the strongest narrative

Anyone but Jordan Henderson..

Also I see a ton of United fans complaining about Thiago to Liverpool. They are missing so much of the situation. He’s 30 and willing to leave a great Bayern team. I doubt it’s to go help ole and United with a rebuild. Only makes sense he wants to go to a team ready to win now and a world class manager.. with that in mind he will officially be dead to me the moment he signs lol. Who wants a medium Thiago Bayern kit?

Also.. and I can’t be the only one this upset. But that t shirt/ sweater pep was wearing yesterday drove me nuts. Someone should have helped him with that neckline at the least. Whole thing was a mess

Anyone but Jordan Henderson..

Also I see a ton of United fans complaining about Thiago to Liverpool. They are missing so much of the situation. He’s 30 and willing to leave a great Bayern team. I doubt it’s to go help ole and United with a rebuild. Only makes sense he wants to go to a team ready to win now and a world class manager.. with that in mind he will officially be dead to me the moment he signs lol. Who wants a medium Thiago Bayern kit?
For me it's not really complaining that he didn't sign for United, it's that he'll help make their attack that much more potent under Klopp :lol::sick:

Don't think he was brought in for the Prem either so much as for their big ties in Europe and matches against the top 6. They pretty much have their PL MF set already.

The only real potential downside I see is his injury proneness but they'll be nasty when he's fit...:smh:

Fair enough.. however, I see a bunch of united accounts dragging the board/ed into this as if we actually had a chance to sign him. From the moment he didn’t sign his new deal, the only team linked was Liverpool. Don’t get me wrong I hate our owners/ed as much as anyone but I really think this is a case of him only wanting a specific move.

now we can certainly blame them for the sancho **** show..

Also City need to stop being stupid and call Angelino back and actually ***in use him no more excuses on that. Man has been lighting it up at Leipzig on loan in the second half of the season. Dont wanna hear "oh he's too attacking not a good enough defender" oh you mean like all the other dudes we already play at LB in Mendy, Zinchenko and Cancelo?! So what's the difference at least he's consistent and doesn't have injury problems. Cancelo will obviously not be a long term left back, Zinchenko did a job there in the title winning seasons but clearly isn't a long term left back either Mendy could be but the injury concerns will always be in the back of the mind. No reason to not call Angelino back and give him at minimum a full year he could easily take that starting left back spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom