• Bayern Munich

• Paris Saint-Germain

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know Micah I know
8B6E3A26-931A-49FB-A02F-F10BD421BE32.jpeg

Will Smith doesn't deserve this.

rodri and Gundogan together I don’t agree with but I understand they played well against Real and it would’ve been harsh to drop Gundogan because of that but I would’ve dropped him and think pep should have. He just really lacks that extra bit of dynamic player that our other forwards and midfielders have. Peps trust him too much in matches like this and that my biggest critique of pep and the team selection

As far as the formation first 60 minutes hindsight is 20/20 but it Made sense to play that way against Lyon. Lyon tore us apart last year with us playing a flat back 4 when we play a back 4 against teams wiling to counter and have great pace is where we struggle the most so a back 3 with wingbacks is a logical way to address that. We did concede that goal in the first half But overall we handled their counter Better than we would have in a back 4. Not a surprise to me that when we had to chase the game and switched to a back 4 in the second half we looked more vulnerable to their attack and conceded two more. Granted we had to change cause we needed to score but that was always the risk going away from the back 3 with wingbacks we started with. It’s on the players to execute better in that first half attacking and they didn’t There where moments they could’ve done better at got a goal

There were definitely individual errors tonight and players not being up for it but I still believe Pep put y’all behind the 8 ball with the team selection and tactics. This Lyon side isn’t even as good as the one from last year. He just overthinks it in the CL.

There were definitely individual errors tonight and players not being up for it but I still believe Pep put y’all behind the 8 ball with the team selection and tactics. This Lyon side isn’t even as good as the one from last year. He just overthinks it in the CL.

I actually agree to an extent I don't think he got the formation and tactics wrong but he did get the lineup wrong thats where he overthinks things to me is with the lineup not the formation and tactics. Would I have played a back 3 instead considering how much Lyon shredded our back 4 last time? Yes. I got no problem with changing the formation our players are versatile and adaptable enough to play many formations and execute multiple tactical plans and have said themselves they train that way being able to execute in multiple ways often, they don't give themselves that excuse of being unfamiliar with it so I won't either . But back to the lineup thing I don't think Pep put our best "play with a back 3" team out there Thats generally where I have a problem with Pep the formational changes make sense but the team playing doesn't always. Like I probably would've played a back 3 against Lyon too because they still a bad match up even if they not as good as that squad last year. but I wouldn't have started two man midfield of Rodri and Gundogan in front of the back 3. I think he should've done a midfield 2 of KDB and Rodri and attack of Sterling Jesus Foden/Mahrez. I think he also should've not played Fernandinho and played Walker RCB instead and Cancelo at RB and Mendy at LB just so we could move our wingbacks down the flank quicker.

I actually agree to an extent I don't think he got the formation and tactics wrong but he did get the lineup wrong thats where he overthinks things to me is with the lineup not the formation and tactics. Would I have played a back 3 instead considering how much Lyon shredded our back 4 last time? Yes. I got no problem with changing the formation our players are versatile and adaptable enough to play many formations and execute multiple tactical plans and have said themselves they train that way being able to execute in multiple ways often, they don't give themselves that excuse of being unfamiliar with it so I won't either . But back to the lineup thing I don't think Pep put our best "play with a back 3" team out there Thats generally where I have a problem with Pep the formational changes make sense but the team playing doesn't always. Like I probably would've played a back 3 against Lyon too because they still a bad match up even if they not as good as that squad last year. but I wouldn't have started two man midfield of Rodri and Gundogan in front of the back 3. I think he should've done a midfield 2 of KDB and Rodri and attack of Sterling Jesus Foden/Mahrez. I think he also should've not played Fernandinho and played Walker RCB instead and Cancelo at RB and Mendy at LB just so we could move our wingbacks down the flank quicker.
What's the story with Bernado? He went from being a critical player to a cast away

His form dropped a bit this year and Mahrez stepped up big so it was just hard for him to get back into the starting lineup over Mahrez most of the year. Still would’ve rather him come on at any point though today regardless

It still didn't make sense to me after watching it in the first half. Walker wasn't getting back to cover the wing defensively and it was on fernandiho's side. They were breaking down that side.

So if you know they are fast on the counter you put walker at RCB in the back 3 and make him stay at home more sine Fernandinho and Garcia aren't winning foot races.

KDB deserves better. Man was bossing the game and creating everything at the end of the first half. He obviously wanted it but needed help. Sterling missed a sitter. Ederson was trash. He should have caught that 3rd goal. The shot wasn't that hard to give a rebound right to Dembele.

All around it was a sloppy sloppy performance from city and Lyon were better.

It still didn't make sense to me after watching it in the first half. Walker wasn't getting back to cover the wing defensively and it was on fernandiho's side. They were breaking down that side.

So if you know they are fast on the counter you put walker at RCB in the back 3 and make him stay at home more sine Fernandinho and Garcia aren't winning foot races.

KDB deserves better. Man was bossing the game and creating everything at the end of the first half. He obviously wanted it but needed help. Sterling missed a sitter. Ederson was trash. He should have caught that 3rd goal. The shot wasn't that hard to give a rebound right to Dembele.

All around it was a sloppy sloppy performance from city and Lyon were better.
KDB played well, but so did Sterling outside of the miss. He was the one who unlocked the defense and provided the assist for the first goal. Unfortunately, the miss will overshadow that.

Damn, Lyon knows how to play the line. City had a few opportunities to tie or win. Sterling bottled it. Had he scored, think city woulda won

vtotheinay vtotheinay Pep overthought every year in the CL with Bayern right? From what I remember it was at least 2 of the 3 years. RM dropped the hammer on them one of those years.

This is getting absurd. Any other manager would be fired for this.

vtotheinay vtotheinay Pep overthought every year in the CL with Bayern right? From what I remember it was at least 2 of the 3 years. RM dropped the hammer on them one of those years.

This is getting absurd. Any other manager would be fired for this.
every. single. year.
This is like group therapy. Everyone's sharing their experience with how Pep has let them down whereas a man like Armada Armada is currently in the relationship and everyone is trying to tell him that he is being abused and he's always denying it, but today for some reason was an eye-opener. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

This is getting absurd.
This has me howling.

If pep leaves/gets sacked I think poch is the most likely to take the job. It would be nice to see him have a board that'll actually spend money so we can see if he's the real deal or not when it comes to actually winning a trophy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom