⚽️THE FOOTY THREAD: PSG v Bayern

Who Will Win Champions League?

• Bayern Munich

• Paris Saint-Germain

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This would be wild, CR7 vs Messi reignited in Serie A. Make it happen Suning Holdings Group.
Was kinda hoping for the Cristiano & Messi super team. But I don’t think any club could afford it. Plus CR7 headed to Paris maybe?

Yea Arthur sounds in a bad place rn :ohwell:

Hope for his and Juve's sake he can get some support cause I still think he offers them a lot more than what they've had in MF this last season.

Arthur got drunk and crashed his Ferrari :smh:
He’s going through it right now.

koeman. I have no words. I’m waiting on xavi.
I’m just happy he will play frenkie in his correct position

Apparently Bartomeu won't be resigning or calling early elections yet either, not sure how Messi's gonna take these moves if he's already on edge

This would be wild, CR7 vs Messi reignited in Serie A. Make it happen Suning Holdings Group.
Would be amazing for Italian footy but where in the world is Inter getting all this money from?? :lol:

Only way I could see it happening is if they sent Luataro the other way to help them replace Suarez

why was ten hag not even considered for the Barca job?

also if messi leaves this summer, la farma is gonna be so *** :lol:

Yea he would fit a hell of a more into that Cruyff total football playing style than what Koeman has shown so far in his managerial career, ironically in spite of playing under Cruyff himself at Barca :lol:

The footy his Soton, Everton and Oranje sides played has been a far cry from the Barca way as much as he's tried setting them up that way.

Maybe he can surprise everyone with better players but he hasn't shown much to believe he can tbh

Because this Barca board is incompetent. As a united fan I recognize their failure a mile away lol

koeman is gonna be a terrible appointment.

Nah McGuire is exactly where he needs to be as the ball-near CB in that situation imo. His first priority is to cover the LB if he gets beat to the end line, second is to deny the ground cross if possible. 1/3 cover situation ball wide, everything is zonal for the three covering defenders.

Honestly the group defending is fine, everything done right after Sevilla has possession below the edge of the penalty area, up until the very moment the cross is played in.

There was a replay angle on the telecast that made it appear as if Lindelof could have played the cross and just let it through, maybe not a good look for him.

But Wan-Bissaka is the biggest question mark for me. He's got his man - the goal scorer, in his line of sight, within his zone, physically within touching distance, but he literally doesn't take another step to influence the play after the cross is played in.

I feel once Lindelöf sees that the striker is in front of his fullback he should be getting tighter to him. AWB just letting him go is bad, doubt he even gave a shout to Lindelöf. Just poor all the way around.

Maguire hate is weird. Maguire was the best of the four last night and the best of the four all season. United has the most clean sheets in Europe but everyone acts like Maguire is some pub player.

I feel once Lindelöf sees that the striker is in front of his fullback he should be getting tighter to him. AWB just letting him go is bad, doubt he even gave a shout to Lindelöf. Just poor all the way around.

Maguire hate is weird. Maguire was the best of the four last night and the best of the four all season. United has the most clean sheets in Europe but everyone acts like Maguire is some pub player.
Lowkey the defense has improved as it's a lot more organized and stronger with Maguire and AWB back there, despite the stick they've gotten lately after playing 90% of the games this season (Maguire has literally played the most minutes in the world this season, not just Europe :lol:). His fee is the main knock on him but he's not near being the worst defender in the side at all.

The fact that the squad conceded 30 less goals than they did last year, and thats with a declining DDG who's more error-prone than ever, is evidence of that. I think finding a quality partner with pace for him would go a long way, Vic is decent and has had his moments but I don't see him as a long term starter like Blind years back.

Also think a solid LB would help big time too because the drop off anytime Shaw is hurt, which is pretty often unfortunately, has killed a lot of the consistency there at times.

A quality RW would also help AWB focus on what he's good at instead of his weakness moving forward which only gets magnified when you have RW's who like to cut inside a lot more than playing wide.

I think if you compare his impact to say VVD, it has been less than desirable. Think about this, liverpool brought him in and could care less who they partnered him with. United spent 80 mil to then give him the excuse of "he needs the right partner". Very different results with similar price tags..

The issue I really see is we have a LB who can't defend and a RB who can't attack.. AWB has been great, however, he needs to learn how to not trip over his feet and put a decent cross in. We have seen he has the pace. He's still young so I hope this is something he can add to his game. Because no matter who we bring into the R wing, they will need support.

VVD was a finalist for the B'Dor, he's different class and unfortunately there's not much of those available at CB nowadays.

The other top quality ready made CB option available recently, Koulibaly, has also been quoted for stupid money and is almost 30.

Think the ckub would be much better off getting a young talent from abroad there like vtotheinay vtotheinay mentioned before. Pretty sure adding one of the young highly rated French CB's rn, the likes of Upamecano, Konate or Kounde, for half the price as a Koulibaly would improve the backline big time.

Yea he would fit a hell of a more into that Cruyff total football playing style than what Koeman has shown so far in his managerial career, ironically in spite of playing under Cruyff himself at Barca :lol:

The footy his Soton, Everton and Oranje sides played has been a far cry from the Barca way as much as he's tried setting them up that way.

Maybe he can surprise everyone with better players but he hasn't shown much to believe he can tbh
i doubt ten hag wants to come to barca tbh
but this koeman hire reeks of appealing to the fanbase for bartomeu

Lowkey the defense has improved as it's a lot more organized and stronger with Maguire and AWB back there, despite the stick they've gotten lately after playing 90% of the games this season (Maguire has literally played the most minutes in the world this season, not just Europe :lol:). His fee is the main knock on him but he's not near being the worst defender in the side at all.

The fact that the squad conceded 30 less goals than they did last year, and thats with a declining DDG who's more error-prone than ever, is evidence of that. I think finding a quality partner with pace for him would go a long way, Vic is decent and has had his moments but I don't see him as a long term starter like Blind years back.

Also think a solid LB would help big time too because the drop off anytime Shaw is hurt, which is pretty often unfortunately, has killed a lot of the consistency there at times.

A quality RW would also help AWB focus on what he's good at instead of his weakness moving forward which only gets magnified when you have RW's who like to cut inside a lot more than playing wide.

A new LB is definitely needed. That allows Williams to move back to RB and offer some cover for AWB as well. AWB young so I’m hoping he can continue develop going forward, in the air and in his positional awareness. He’s a monster 1 v 1.

What’s wrong with you? You must be a miserable soul to follow and harass people you don’t know on a message board for years trying to label them and their families as racists. Talking about preconceived notions. Get a life.
Assuming the role of a victim. Classic defensive strategy that racist white people employ when what they say gets them in trouble and they don't want to be held accountable for their actions. You have a long history in all past footy threads in regards to how you subliminally attack even black players on your team but hand out free passes to anyone of light complexion on your team. This isn't to say you won't root for a black player when he's doing well but when he struggles, that criticism is seen but for those who's skin is white........

Happy to see the club using the loan system for the young guys, been neglected a bit in recent years

A new LB is definitely needed. That allows Williams to move back to RB and offer some cover for AWB as well. AWB young so I’m hoping he can continue develop going forward, in the air and in his positional awareness. He’s a monster 1 v 1.
Agreed, RB isn't as much of a pressing concern for me at all with the way those who are in and around the academy keep raving about Ethan Laird and his attacking ability.

Would love to see him getting more minutes next season like Williams did at LB this past season to give AWB more recovery breaks when the schedule gets hectic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom