⚽️THE FOOTY THREAD: PSG v Bayern

Who Will Win Champions League?

• Bayern Munich

• Paris Saint-Germain

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Use to blame the manager and defending but gotta looks past them now. Auba, Laca, Ozil, and Pepe were all out there and couldn't score. Martinelli made little to no difference. We lack quality all around period.

An inconsistent midfield in front of a trash backline. No real change in quality is going to happen until we start replacing some of these players with actual footballers. Poor freddie is going to have to perform a managerial masterclass to get us fighting for top 4

Was just talking to a friend who supports Arsenal, one thing that baffles both of us is why Arsenal isn't bringing Saliba into the squad.
They bought a desperately needed CB just to immediately loan him out. I don't know how good he is but surely he can't be worse than the current CBs. Spurs were reportedly looking to buy him as well if I recall correctly.

who thought Ljunberg would make a good coach? Even in his playing days he always looked confused. Stick to modeling bruh.

Even if we got someone like ancelotti right now, I still don't think much would change. Our defenders and half our midfield are just not good enough, auba has been masking our true under par quality

I wouldn't blame auba and laca one bit if they left tbh, it would be devasting of course, but they deserve to be fighting for trophies

I have some great news......according to my Banter FC rankings..... Arsenal has now taken over the number 1 spot!!!

United now in second after 6 months at the top...

Its funny. We can typically agree, or at least have a consensus, of problems within a squad and why things arent working. United has been churning through managers and cant find a post-Fergie identity; Spurs never had the mentality to achieve big things; Pool's dire days was down to their defense. Arsenal, though, is a ****ing mystery. Is it the manager? The defense? The ownership mentality trickling down? A toxic atmosphere between fans and players? Obama being friends with Troopz? There seems to be a dozen possible culprits for the shambolic mess that is 2019 Arsenal.

Personally, I pin it on incompetent management and fielding center backs and a midfield that is not good with high pressure defense, and isnt skillful enough on the ball to handle pressure. It allows opposing teams to sit defenses deep, pressure the ball player with one or two midfielders to force Arsenal off the ball, and counter against a slow and clumsy defense. Our managers cant figure it out and we're two games off relegation because of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom