⚽️THE FOOTY THREAD: PSG v Bayern

Who Will Win Champions League?

• Bayern Munich

• Paris Saint-Germain

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't realize Aubameyang's contract is nearly up, if they don't sell him this winter or summer, he's just going to walk

I don’t think that’s that bad considering the size of the country and the continued expansion. At a certain point it would have been insane for everyone to play everyone once as more teams are added. The logistical burden would be too much

I don’t think that’s that bad considering the size of the country and the continued expansion. At a certain point it would have been insane for everyone to play everyone once as more teams are added. The logistical burden would be too much

I'm moreso talking about how it's ridiculous that they just keep adding teams when the talent is already pretty low. They should've stopped at 20 teams and began a relegation/promotion system but, of course it's not in the interest of the millionaire/billionaire owners

I'm moreso talking about how it's ridiculous that they just keep adding teams when the talent is already pretty low. They should've stopped at 20 teams and began a relegation/promotion system but, of course it's not in the interest of the millionaire/billionaire owners
Ah i see. But I don’t think it’s a bad idea to expand because that helps with travel problem the league faced from not having a lot of teams. I get your point about potentially thinning the talent Pool but a couple of the newer expansion teams LAFC, Atlanta, NYCFC have been good since coming Into the league not that long ago, Minnesota made the playoffs last year they have brought some of the better talent we’ve seen in the league recently play on those teams. So I don’t think expansion is deceasing the talent Pool. If anything it’s increased it somewhat

mls is trash and it just keeps getting worse and worse and further and further from a respectable league

and everyone was dragging emery through the mud...what did you expect freddie to do?
squad is front heavy only...EVERYONE else is mid and reggie

Puts it in perspective. Another Leeds united. And Aston Villa too and they just came back to the EPL. And Leeds almost made it thru last season as well. it’s a bit stunning that interim head coaches aren’t available like even looking back throughout the years Chelsea has had Di Matteo, Guus Hinddik, and bloody Rafa Benitez as interim. Like no one even wants that job? Former players or staff even? And yes I know Fredrick was a player but he was already staff

Side note: On top of Bayern having that one coach, who won the UCL back in ‘13, come out of retirement like twice already to interim them.

I listen to troopz and dt for the lols and passion. Listen to deluded and the dude with the giant head thats always in Robs face foe the truth. Graham for the tact.

See now this article even got me a little hype :lol:

Not cause of BR, but because Manuel Fernandes (Portugal’s best recruiter and eye for talent in history) is a god damn legend.

Sporting are possibly going to name their stadium after him.

But I never knew Manuel said that about Fabio.....wow

But still, I’ll take my time....

Think you gotta ask yourself if the award represents the best player in the world or the player with the best year in terms of success. While I rate VVD and consider him the best defender in the world.. he’s no Messi. Sure he might have won the bigger trophy.. but that’s not what I judge the award on. I’m also one of those people who didn’t agree with Modric getting it last year. In years past it’s been either Messi and Ronaldo... the deciding factor often relying on who’s won the more hardware. While I don’t agree with trophies being the deciding factor, it made sense to take that approach since they are viewed so closely in terms of greatness and they routinely put up comparable statistics. With Ronaldo having a poor year statically (in comparison to his own high standards), I think it was painfully obvious Messi was the clear cut winner. Also you have to factor in Fuch Liverpool..
Virgil was a difference-maker and put on a defensive performance game in and game out. While it may not be as flashy as some Messi goal scoring, he still performed for his team. It's time that we put away the positional biases in football
vvd said it himself...not sure what the problem is
Of course he is gonna say it. IF he says otherwise, they are gonna call him sore loser.

MLS expanding is good. You pro/rel diehards are one team closer to two divisions, and pro/rel, everytime the league expands. Im in favor of this too. Let's get to 40 teams and tell the NASL to e.a.d.

Footy has a positional bias for a reason. Even though the sport transcends stats more than basketball/football/etc, imo there’s a big caveat. Nothing is more valuable to a team than a player who guarantees you goals and assists. As much we appreciate the midfield maestros, tactical holding mids, and lockdown defenders, they can’t impact a team for the course of a year like a prime CR7 or Messi.

Can’t imagine Chelsea not signing a leftback at the least. Probably their most glaring trouble position tbh. Don’t chilwell can be had but other options are out there like Telles, Grimaldo and Tagliafico who come to mind. Don’t know how any of those Three been playing recently though

Haha...

Need a LB, a back up striker cause it seems like Giroud and Michy aren’t too high on Lampard’s list and it’s time to get a winger.

sneaksoy sneaksoy
sneaksoy sneaksoy

idk where you been, you been ducking during United’s season....but we placed a bet remember?

$50 you said Everton was gonna finish higher than WOLVES. May as well gimme my money now. :lol:

05D31AFC-FC23-41AB-8BFC-8B785BAFE200.jpeg

07D1E284-FEB0-46E0-986F-80D740F95170.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom