⚽️THE FOOTY THREAD: PSG v Bayern

Who Will Win Champions League?

• Bayern Munich

• Paris Saint-Germain

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Porto is another club living pay check to pay check. We’re already making deals to sell another 21 year old domestic player :smh:

Portuguese clubs also got bailed out by the television channels for the month of March SMH, that’s how bad they needed it.

:lol:
english breakfast is actually fire
the only thing english other than fish and chips that i actually mess with

1585952123006.png

i remember that wolfsburg season. i was hooked into Bundeslifa those days. him and a young Dzeko were running wild :pimp:

What this COVID-19 epidemic has taught me/made me realize in Football is just how much all these billion dollar clubs live pay-check to pay-check.....

It’s absolutely remarkable losing only just 3 months of football revenue is sending all these clubs into desperation mode.

Terrible accounting, terrible financial advisors, etc - they should all be ashamed. I don’t know what baboons are fiscally running these clubs.

I understand the smaller clubs, but the big clubs - no excuse. It’s pitiful bro.

As a lifelong rice & beans eater, I actually don't mind the traditional english breakfast. I enjoyed other ethnic foods (Jamaican, Korean, Mediterranean, etc.) much more when I was in England though
For certain foods, it depends on where you go. I feel like some of the spots that advertise themselves as this "hip, trendy (insert nationality here)" restaurant is sometimes whitewashed and missing something. Went to couple Jamaican restaurants in some of the "hip" areas over there and I either found the food bland or some hipster influence on a classic dish which ended up being meh. It's not until I went to south London and hit up a few restaurants where I was like finally I found some good Jamaican food. I had some banging Asian dishes and some good Mexican food as well.

Sancho shouting out his boy Rash :nerd:

Tory Lanez IG live has been appreciated during the quarantine though :lol:,always lulz and craziness going down

:lol:
english breakfast is actually fire
the only thing english other than fish and chips that i actually mess with

1585952123006.png
Yea that definitely looks good but imo it's always a little tough to mess breakfast up :lol:.

Never really been appealed by traditional English dishes though , definitely on the lower tier of Euro cuisine for me

That was such a dramatic final that year

My boy who's a Chelsea fan went nuts when Drogba scored that last pen and ran into the middle of a downtown street to do push ups :rofl: :rofl:

i think someone said it in here but it really is crazy how the whole world really living check to check :smh:

It's crazy but believable at the same time. What's yours really isn't yours if you think about it. What you really have is just what's in front of you and the people who you love.

Makes us forget that sometimes footy and all sports and entertainment are just businesses at the end of the day for a lot of folks.

Liverpooooool....... SMH :smh:
What are you shaking your head about? More clubs are gonna take advantage of this. The only reason why more havent announced this is because the details of it were still being worked out. Hell, they don't even have a portal to apply for this yet. Liverpool was one of the first clubs to preemptively say that they would cover their employees salaries and then this was announced hence why they and others have turned heel. Other clubs will do the same.

At least it's applicable to both small and large businesses. You're getting free money from the government to cover your expenses while you're unable to generate revenue. You already pay taxes(so technically this is their money), so you might as well make use of the benefit. It's not like over here where they are giving us these checks which some of us won't see if we make x amount while large corporations get the lions share while still avoiding having to pay taxes.

Premier League, clubs and players paid £3.3bn tax in 2016/17 and contribute 100,000 UK jobs

Ernst & Young also reported that English football’s top flight supports close to 100,000 jobs and contributes £7.6bn to the United Kingdom’s economy

Last edited:

There will always be a special place in my heart for every member of the Champions League winning squad in 2012 meireles being one of them. Never forget their names

That was such a dramatic final that year

My boy who's a Chelsea fan went nuts when Drogba scored that last pen and ran into the middle of a downtown street to do push ups :rofl: :rofl:

Drogba that entire UCL:
4fd16c7fecad043b4d000001

What are you shaking your head about? More clubs are gonna take advantage of this. The only reason why more havent announced this is because the details of it were still being worked out. Hell, they don't even have a portal to apply for this yet. Liverpool was one of the first clubs to preemptively say that they would cover their employees salaries and then this was announced hence why they and others have turned heel. Other clubs will do the same.

At least it's applicable to both small and large businesses. You're getting free money from the government to cover your expenses while you're unable to generate revenue. You already pay taxes(so technically this is their money), so you might as well make use of the benefit. It's not like over here where they are giving us these checks which some of us won't see if we make x amount while large corporations get the lions share while still avoiding having to pay taxes.

Premier League, clubs and players paid £3.3bn tax in 2016/17 and contribute 100,000 UK jobs

Ernst & Young also reported that English football’s top flight supports close to 100,000 jobs and contributes £7.6bn to the United Kingdom’s economy

RELAXXXXXXXX BRO......

Don’t go all “Armada”on me :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom