⚽️THE FOOTY THREAD: PSG v Bayern

Who Will Win Champions League?

• Bayern Munich

• Paris Saint-Germain

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

giphy.gif

Picking 5 is pretty tough given the sheer number of great players that have been around, a top 10 would be a little easier but if we're sticking with 5 rn

Top 5 greatest (based on legacy/accolades etc, didn't nesecarilly get to watch them in real time):

Messi
Pele
Ron
Maradona
Maldini

Top 5 favorites I've actually gotten to watch during their careers:

Dinho
R9
Henry
Zizou
Kaka

HM: Gilardino, Eto'o, RVN, Adriano and Roberto Carlos

You can say I'm a little partial to Brazilians :lol:

I would've also included Robinho since I was a big stan when I was younger but him going to Citeh kinda soured things :lol:

im surprised Gilardino is on this list but not prime Milan Shevchenko

im surprised Gilardino is on this list but not prime Milan Shevchenko
I would've picked him as my other honorable mentioned striker with Eto'o and Adriano if it wasn't for RVN but I had to show a little love to a United legend :lol:

Was a big fan of those mid 2000's Milan squads so I loved Shevchenko during his time there up until that terrible decision to go to Chelsea :lol:

He was a better player overall than Gilardino but I always loved his playing style and thought he was super underrated.

Great shout though. Milan really had so many favs of mine at the time like Seedorf, Dida, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Crespo, Gatusso, Nesta and the others already named it was crazy :sick:

i often wonder why Zidane isn’t considered in the top 5 universally.

Mans won EVERYTHING as a player and yet people seem to overlook him when the GOAT discussion comes around. Had he won the 2006 WC would he be in Top 5 undisputedly?

(for the record I believe Zidane is one of the best players I’ve ever seen play, definitely Top 5)
Personally he is my all time fave. Made it looks so easy... this performance in his mid 30s was the cherry on top for me

Interested to see what happens with Gelabert, he might want to leave due to the path of the first team being so cluttered. He can seemingly go anywhere right now whether on loan or transfer.

has mou spoke about
Xavi over Iniesta? Interesting
it was a tough decision. i wanted to omit henry for iniesta. i went back and forth...but as far as xavi vs iniesta. xavi has always been my favorite midfielder
they compliment each other perfectly but xavi used to control the whole flow of the game with simple passing and movement. smartest midfielder i've ever seen.
he was also a great leader and was barca's coach on the field. it's all just a matter of preference. this is no slight to iniesta in any way. he's probably my 2nd fav midfielder.

the 6-2 bernabeau win...absolute masterclass from xavi. you'd be hard pressed to find another midfield performance away to madrid as good as this.

Crazy to see some ppl Omit Messi or ronaldo.. still toeing the line of ya'lls clubs I presume?

Top 5 (Watched):
Messi
Cr7
R9
Ronaldinho
Giggs/Zidane/Xavi/Iniesta---- this too hard

:stoneface:

Is this really the only footy we’ll be getting any time soon?

Get your **** together England :smh:
England just as bad as us in regards to social discipline and being responsible people. Having lived in Germany for four years it does not surprise me how they have been able to manage this pandemic. Especially when you take into account they routinely have open borders and didnt actually close them till mid march.

Crazy to see some ppl Omit Messi or ronaldo.. still toeing the line of ya'lls clubs I presume?

Top 5 (Watched):
Messi
Cr7
R9
Ronaldinho
Giggs/Zidane/Xavi/Iniesta---- this too hard

We added a stipulation last page of no lists without Cristiano/Messi since they're on pretty much everyone's list. Adds more uniqueness to lists by taking them out of the equation

Best I got, ive seen them all play and obviously excluding CR7 and that little troll yall love so much.

bench:
Rui Costa
Pavel Nedved
Jaap Stam
Zlatan

coach:
Capello

Attachments

• 843DF9C1-3D9B-480F-8E12-758D1A1C6216.jpeg
    843DF9C1-3D9B-480F-8E12-758D1A1C6216.jpeg
    198.8 KB · Views: 36
In no way is this my version of Top XI ever, simply some of my favorite players growing up. I've always been an attacker so not being able to have 11 forwards was tough for me. We only bringing strikers off the bench! Everyone else gotta play 90!

Coach:
Diego Armando Maradona

Bench:
Romario
Bebeto
Batistuta
Crespo
Tevez
Adriano

XI.jpg

Excluding CR7, Messi, pele, Maradona, ronaldo9, cruyff:

Xavi
Cannavaro
Zlatan
Henry
Del piero

Much respect to zizou, but he ain't even a top 10 player all time

Excluding CR7, Messi, pele, Maradona, ronaldo9, cruyff:

Xavi
Cannavaro
Zlatan
Henry
Del piero

Much respect to zizou, but he ain't even a top 10 player all time

Idk how, but I completely forgot about Del Piero. He'd squeeze into my squad as well either off the bench or as a starter. One of my favorites, embarrassed I didn't include him initially.

Idk how, but I completely forgot about Del Piero. He'd squeeze into my squad as well either off the bench or as a starter. One of my favorites, embarrassed I didn't include him initially.
It's so many great players overall. Think about how many phenomenal defenders we all left off the lists.

Shout out to the guy that posted beckanbauer.. we got Paulo maldini etc too

We cant ignore a great goalkeeper's impact on the game more recently, not saying he a top 5 player all time: look at how allison Becker transformed liverpool and at times have them literally playing 11 "outfield" players lol

I totally didn’t think of coach or bench. But I did think of formation. Also don’t know how far I could go back. Socrates would’ve been there but it was before my lifetime
72746782-69C5-4E9A-BE2C-0D9D4F7761BC.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom