⚽️THE FOOTY THREAD: PSG v Bayern

Who Will Win Champions League?

• Bayern Munich

• Paris Saint-Germain

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What happened in footy yesterday? Why does Raphael Gueirro keep scorin
Favre fielded him and Hakimi as basically a LM/RM LWB/RWB. Both were able to score pushing up. I think Guerreiro scored a tap in when he was cutting in.

BVB plays really high and utilize both backs as wingers at times. Gonna be interesting if they play like this against Bayern. Either gonna win them the match or lose it, no in between :lol:

What the **** is puma doing with these designs for next season. I'd be pissed if a club I supported was sponsored by them 🤮

1590359419410.png

1590359470910.png

Man I saw that zlatan news this morning on twitter around 6 am and I was so bummed. He's one of my favorite players ever and hate to see him go out like this. I hope he still tries to come back just because that's his nature, to prove everyone wrong that's saying he's finished. But man, at 38 going on 39 in october I'm not sure it's even possible. Wanted to see how long he could keep playing at a high level, but we'll see what happens.

Any confirmation anywhere yet on Zlatan? TBH, I thought his ACL injury between his transfer from PSG to United would be the end, but the man is a monster.

Also, makes me mildly worried about the state of my own tendons as I continue to get older...

This is fascinating. Remember the ManCity squad from FIFA08. Jo and Robinho were the connection.

https://www.espn.com/soccer/manches...ter-citys-class-of-2008-09-where-are-they-now
Fifa 08 and that very exact Man City squad was what made me become a fan of footy and the club. Oddly enough my duo up top was always a combo of Shaun Wright-Phillips and Robinho or Sturridge/Robinho. I overhauled the midfield and played with the defenders I had because in a few seasons Kompany, Onuoha, Richards and Hart improved a ton.

Brings back a lot of memories. I think I was a Freshman when the game came out. Bought a refurbished Xbox 360 for the first time that year and got really into FIFA. 12 years ago already :smh:

Funny I actually did a man city career mode in 08 too :lol:. I think everyone liked the underdog on the come up narrative, and the idea of leading a new team to glory. Also Robinho was unfortunately my favorite player.

created a LW that I plugged into there and did the player manager mode. Also did a Villarreal player manager too, paired at CDM with Marcos Senna. Had the likes of Godin, Santi Cazorla, Capdevilla, Pires, Nihat, Giuseppe Rossi, Borja Valero, Cani. Villarreal was always my squad to embarrass people. Picking people apart with beautiful passing with a yellow team they barely knew about.

Even though it was highly unrealistic, the player manager mode was so dope. I also enjoyed when you had to accomplish certain feats in order to get boosts to your stats.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom