⚽️THE FOOTY THREAD: PSG v Bayern

Who Will Win Champions League?

• Bayern Munich

• Paris Saint-Germain

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea never felt like Zidane really rated or trusted him like that from the offset but
good shout about the traditional no.10 being phased out of the game in favor of more versatile and interchangeable players that can play in multiple positions in attack or MF.

By the time Zizou found his preferred XI, Kroos and Modric were doing a good enough job in MF connecting the midfield and attack that they didn't really need a true no.10. Kind of why it feels like Isco's also lost his place as well.

The 2 clubs still have a lot of pull but yea with all the internal politics surrounding them, it's a whole different kind of pressure and scrutiny that players face when they join them and club dynamics can change quite quickly and drastically.

It's just been a shame since he's not even 30 yet but already looks to have long peaked. At this point a change of scenery is probably what he needs.

Hope he manages to find a good situation in the summer to try to kickstart his career again whether it be in Italy, France or even England. Still think he could be a decent contributor under a solid manager with his skillset and technical ability.

About the number 10 part, Isco was actually a starter for the best RM team I’ve seen. The one that won the double and owned the unbreakable Juve in the CL final. James just hasn’t been a factor when he’s gotten on the pitch. He seems to try, but I guess he’s just not good enough. Sort of like Bale now. They work decently on defense, but nothing seems to come from them in attack.

We not gonna talk about the penalty atleti didn’t get against y’all though
Again only when it counts
guess what...same exact ref that got Vinicius the penalty too

I would say this ratio of calls is correct too

Damn Everton pounced on the Foxes early :wow: :sick:

Here I was thinking United would need to catch up with Chelsea but with Leicester's form since the restart, they might not even have to :lol:

If the result holds it'll just raise the stakes for that showdown against them in a few weeks...:nerd:

Arsenal being wasteful as hell in front of goal. 3 SOLID chances and nothing to show. Meanwhile Norwich almost pulled a golazo from nothing.

What's your thoughts on this and why do you think pep phased him out of the squad? He was a baller for you guys but for whatever reason he lost PT. Was it just having too much talent and not enough minutes to spread around?

Im not gonna use those stats as the end all be all because sometimes stats can be misleading. Those could be a lot of FA and League Cup matches where we didnt need him at all. When he was in the roster for the Prem or UCL he wasn't sat out that much iirc.

I think end of the day it was just a clash of his playstyle v. Pep's tactics. I mean visually he does everything you and I would want to see from a early 20 yr old winger but I'm thinking it was different from what Pep saw. Pep is very demanding and sees a lot of things from a different angle.

Bernardo coming in and playing so well and with the addition of Mahrez also made it difficult to get that consistent playtime for Sane. We were winning matches at the 2nd half of last season with and without him and Bernardo balled TF out and won City's Player of the Year. It was hard to argue for Sane when we were getting results.

I was a huge fan of the signing and was so happy he ended up living to his potential for 2 incredible seasons. Even tho he'll be in Munich, hes going to be one of the players I will root for until retirement.

Damn Bama-Xhaka with the link for goal. Prime Emery Era back in force :pimp: Let's get Laca on the board now to get him some confidence after these early misses.

Damn Everton pounced on the Foxes early :wow: :sick:

Here I was thinking United would need to catch up with Chelsea but with Leicester's form since the restart, they might not even have to :lol:

If the result holds it'll just raise the stakes for that showdown against them in a few weeks...:nerd:
Lol at you thinking it will go that far.

we’ve laid the red carpet out mate and put on a spread, walk on in:lol:

Leicester and Sheffield are the 2 teams that were most negatively affected from the stoppage. If everything carried on as usual I think Leicester would've comfortably finished 2 or 3 and Sheffield would've been in a really good spot to get a Europa spot

Hopefully Arsenal don't **** this up in the 2nd half.

Also saw that Saka signed

Hulu is killing me. Cant even get the game to load since they went to halftime commercials. 10 minutes behind and cant catch up, just keep getting looped back to commercials.

What a time where I'm hunting for illegal streams because they're more reliable than a billion dollar streaming service backed by some of the biggest corporations in the world :smh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom