⚽️THE FOOTY THREAD:

Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol:
you are gonna drive yourself crazy trying to read in to these rumors and quotes
Definitely :lol:, it's like transfer season again.

Just hoping by the end it's not someone like Rodgers or Southgate :smh:

Would be fine with any of the other names being floated around

I got into footy as Ole was retiring. Is he actually a club legend as I keep reading? Was he a great player? I’d think a legend for a club as big as United is someone I would have at least heard of before his stint as manager. When I think of United legends I think of Rooney, Bobby Charlton, Ronaldo, Cantona, Ferdinand, Scholes, Giggs, etc.

Last edited:
United should hire Valverde, an actual coach with high level experience, dealt with superstars, and could give them some stability.

Valverde is a great coach for a side with league aspirations and without CL ones. But I think Ten Hag makes the most sense if he actually wants to take the job. Dutch tend to speak English fluently too. I think Ernie would be a great sleeper runner up though.

I got into footy as Ole was retiring. Is he actually a club legend as I keep reading? Was he a great player? I’d think a legend for a club as big as United is someone I would have at least heard of before his stint as manager. When I think of United legends I think of Rooney, Bobby Charlton, Ronaldo, Cantona, Ferdinand, Scholes, Giggs, etc.

having the winner in a CL final with his history of being their go to supersub gets him that status imo. ive seen quite a few discussions on the bayern forum where most people consider coman a bayern legend now regardless of what happens in his career cause he had the winner in the CL final.

He might not be one of the greatest to wear the shirt but he was a cult hero and considered a club legend long before he took over tbf.

He scored arguably the biggest goal in club history against Bayern during the CL final at the Nou Camp to seal the only ever Treble in English footy and he was a supersub for many years scoring important and dramatic goals under Fergie on some great squads in the early to mid 2000's like vtotheinay vtotheinay mentioned.

It's like if Chicharito had scored an injury time winner against Barca during that Wembley final, he'd 100% be regarded as a club legend after that. Ole scored a lot more goals too.

Fans have been singing his chant in the OT stands for years after he left and retired.

That's the main reason he was afforded such a long leash over his tenure and why everyone associated with the club desperately wanted him to succeed.

Read this too fast and thought it said he would miss AFCON.

62051387-A705-4BE8-AED1-A58747E01CBF.gif

You know what I was wrong when I said “Ole ruined his legacy”. Because these United fans are eating that Ole interview up like some suckers. Ole won.

Now that OGS is gone time for Maguire to step up to show what sort of captain he is, nothing but a fraud thus far.

Poch and his people are campaigning hard for the job, apparently he'd be willing to quit P$G right now to join so he doesn't have to wait until the summer and possibly be passed up again.

His family still live in England and apparently he's unhappy in Paris.

Would be peak United passing him up when he was available after Mou got sacked only to get him 3 years later while he's under contract elsewhere :lol:>D

Still would prefer maybe waiting for someone like ETH, Zizou or Lucho but I was down for him before Ole got hired so wouldn't be too mad if it's him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom