⚽️THE FOOTY THREAD:

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont know if Poch makes sense to me, while United still have a lot to play for this season and bantz aside have a lot of talent.
It seemed to me before he left Spurs he lost his players which is common but when he got to PSG he doesn't really appear to have gotten people to really buy in(could be due to larger situation in the club).

United seems to have similar issues with big personality players and management.

Poch and his people are campaigning hard for the job, apparently he'd be willing to quit P$G right now to join so he doesn't have to wait until the summer and possibly be passed up again.

His family still live in England and apparently he's unhappy in Paris.

Would be peak United passing him up when he was available after Mou got sacked only to get him 3 years later while he's under contract elsewhere :lol:>D

Still would prefer maybe waiting for someone like ETH, Zizou or Lucho but I was down for him before Ole got hired so wouldn't be too mad if it's him.

If ten Hag wants to join and they go Poch I’m going to be sick. And that’s down to how highly I rate ten Hag. I know Fergie loves Poch but the ceiling with ten Hag is so much higher. With Klopp and Pep’s cycle ending soon we need to get this next hire spot on.

Idk guys, even with all the drama I still don’t see why anyone in their right mind would leave PSG’s incredibly stacked roster for Man United and all the issues that come with that job.

without giving away too much, my boy is close with a PSG player and I can 100% understand why Poch is hitting the eject button. it's a total ****show over there especially if you're the "manager"

Idk guys, even with all the drama I still don’t see why anyone in their right mind would leave PSG’s incredibly stacked roster for Man United and all the issues that come with that job.

Totally understandable

I only know that Poch is hero worshipping Fergie

without giving away too much, my boy is close with a PSG player and I can 100% understand why Poch is hitting the eject button. it's a total ****show over there especially if you're the "manager"
All of their managers over the years have all complained about the set up there and how the manager has less power than Leonardo, who coincidentally everyone from Emery, Tuchel, Mbappe, Neymar and Poch apparently hate :lol:, so I could see how I wouldn't be ideal for a manager in spite of the limitless budget they have and star squad.

They say Poch reportedly already had reservations about continuing over the summer before Messi was brought in so wouldn't be crazy that he might want to go back to England with the opportunity available now. There were Spurs reunion rumors over the summer as well so it doesn't sound like his heart is set on Paris long term and I bet the club aren't set on him long term either

All the noise seems to be pointing towards Poch being the guy, the way it should've been after Mou instead of Ole, but you can't help but get the feeling that opting for the familiar and comfortable option is gonna backfire once again if it allows someone like Ten Hag to end up elsewhere like maybe City after Pep :lol::smh:

Same way that Mou should've been hired right after Fergie retired instead of Moyes when he still had a spark, Poch coming off Spurs would've been a good look after Mou. Now it just feels like making up for mistakes/lost time while the rest of the footy world moves forward.

Just wish they'd go for the proactive and forethought option rather than the reactive one and myopic one for a change but that would require people up top to actually know what they're doing and that just isn't how United is run nowadays given the business minded suits in power making the decisions rather than people who actually know football...

I still don’t know if Duncan Castles is reliable for the third time in a week…. :lol:

But yea, this move makes sense for United because United doesn’t make any sense.

I still don’t know if Duncan Castles is reliable for the third time in a week…. :lol:

But yea, this move makes sense for United because United doesn’t make any sense.
First one to confirm Ole was being sacked hours after Watford, Zizou being contacted then turning them down and now talks with Poch's people being initiated so he's def got sources rn

The United board and Fergie have rated Poch for years

him, kessie and tonali would be nice. would be a nice addition for Arsenal too tho.

wonder what's the price

Cheap. I would say €30 million, around there.

Everyone knows Sanches is going to be cheap because Lille need money and his contract expires in a year and half. Much rather him go to Milan than Arsenal. (Why a team like United wouldn’t be interested is beyond me).

Last edited:
All of their managers over the years have all complained about the set up there and how the manager has less power than Leonardo, who coincidentally everyone from Emery, Tuchel, Mbappe, Neymar and Poch apparently hate :lol:, so I could see how I wouldn't be ideal for a manager in spite of the limitless budget they have and star squad.

They say Poch reportedly already had reservations about continuing over the summer before Messi was brought in so wouldn't be crazy that he might want to go back to England with the opportunity available now. There were Spurs reunion rumors over the summer as well so it doesn't sound like his heart is set on Paris long term and I bet the club aren't set on him long term either

yea man and it's worse than just how the board treats them, the players attitudes are very much so to blame. particularly a new superstar arrival

First one to confirm Ole was being sacked hours after Watford, Zizou being contacted then turning them down and now talks with Poch's people being initiated so he's def got sources rn

The United board and Fergie have rated Poch for years

I really don’t want to see Pochettino at Man U either. I’d rather see Jurgen Klinsmann than that fool :lol:.

Cheap. I would say €30 million, around there.

Everyone knows Sanches is going to be cheap because Lille need money and his contract expires in a year and half. Much rather him go to Milan than Arsenal. (Why a team like United wouldn’t be interested is beyond me).

is Pogba gonna stay? United already got a lot of quality with him and Bruno, they would be smart to go after someone like Kalvin Phillips imo.

More sources jumping on PSG being in touch with ZZ recently

Also ETH and Overmars won't be allowed to leave Ajax during the season

The ETH interest is known but Newcastle have also been looking at Overmars as their new sporting director

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom