⚽️THE FOOTY THREAD:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Currently a pretty big ****storm going on in Belgian football at the moment.
Dejan Veljkovic, the player agent at the center of our huge matchfixing, bribery, money laundering scandal from 3 years ago is now giving his first interview. He took a plea deal (we didn't have plea deals in Belgium before this) and told on the others but now he's doing it all in public.

He got a suspended 5 year sentence and a lot of assets seized. The whole concept of plea deals was actually very controversial here when it was implemented. Especially since Veljkovic essentially got the first deal of its kind and he was the figure at the very top of the conspiracy, snitching on everyone below him.
Following up on this, our Deputy PM has now said 18 of our clubs and the Belgian FA are being investigated for fraud, all tied to this Dejan Veljkovic guy (see quote).
https://www.vrt.be/vrtnws/nl/2021/12/15/van-peteghem-na-veljkovic/
Minister Van Peteghem na "Pano" over voetbalschandaal: "Er loopt onderzoek naar 18 profclubs voor belastingfraude"

20211215_091701.jpg

Kun gotta get a second opinion outside of Spain. Played a decade in the UK and this never happened. All of a sudden he goes to Spain and this.

They said the same thing about Lamarcus Aldridge at the nets. He had to retire but came back this season.

Those doctors in Spain don't have the best record with players constantly not recovering. Like dembele, bale, hazard, etc

Kun gotta get a second opinion outside of Spain. Played a decade in the UK and this never happened. All of a sudden he goes to Spain and this.

They said the same thing about Lamarcus Aldridge at the nets. He had to retire but came back this season.

Those doctors in Spain don't have the best record with players constantly not recovering. Like dembele, bale, hazard, etc

Aldridge was blood clots I’m pretty sure. Not heart issues.

Wonder what Chelsea fans think about this?
Quite a bit of money for a 32 year old striker currently not in form.

I like Auba but I do think it's time to move on from him especially after what Arsenal just did. Not sure how he or Arsenal move forward from that.
All that said I'm way more worried that Arteta rates Eddie Nketiah! :stoneface:

Wonder what Chelsea fans think about this?
Quite a bit of money for a 32 year old striker currently not in form.

I like Auba but I do think it's time to move on from him especially after what Arsenal just did. Not sure how he or Arsenal move forward from that.
All that said I'm way more worried that Arteta rates Eddie Nketiah! :stoneface:
Xhaka made it back to the team after throwing the armband to the ground and telling the fans to **** off in the middle of a game.

Auba will be okay.

Even if other top doctors outside of Spain gave him a different opinion on whether he can continue to play football, would he really want to take the gamble? He's already set for life, seen as a legend and has a nice trophy cabinet.

Xhaka made it back to the team after throwing the armband to the ground and telling the fans to **** off in the middle of a game.

Auba will be okay.
Yeah but Arteta loves Xhaka. I don't think he likes Auba. Arteta's preferential treatment is blatant imo.
He's put Auba on blast recently, Pepe when he got his red, shipped Guendouzi out and yet (if my member is correct) he didn't really lay into Xhaka for the many times he's let down the club with reds and such. Even Willian was on the bench after leaving the country peak covid to hang out with salt bae.
Might be an Ozil part 2. Left off the squad but continues to collect wages.

Yeah but Arteta loves Xhaka. I don't think he likes Auba. Arteta's preferential treatment is blatant imo.
He's put Auba on blast recently, Pepe when he got his red, shipped Guendouzi out and yet (if my member is correct) he didn't really lay into Xhaka for the many times he's let down the club with reds and such. Even Willian was on the bench after leaving the country peak covid to hang out with salt bae.
Might be an Ozil part 2. Left off the squad but continues to collect wages.
Yeah that's true. Hopefully Auba wont be treated like Pepe or Guendo, or Saliba. He's got the locker room behind him. Getting the Ozil treatment might be the last straw for the players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom