⚽️THE FOOTY THREAD:

Status
Not open for further replies.
CD0E7CB8-CA4D-4B9A-8D22-D629471300D8.jpeg

This was one of the key moments of the match for me. Modric laid Messi out with a clean tackle, and I’m pretty sure not too long after he made that run to start the counterattack for the equalizer.

Modric is def up there with the best midfielders all time man, what a player

Not even Iniesta and Xavi were doing it at this level at his age.

His longevity is unreal

Forever salty Levy didn’t let Chelsea buy him back in the day

That Tottenham squad was fun to play with in Fifa back in the day. Lennon, Modric, Van de Vaart, Crouch, Defoe and Bale.
Yea Defoe was banging them in at one point :pimp:

The squad when they qualified for CL football for the first time in ages was exciting as hell

The match where Bale scored a hatty at the San Siro and they almost came back is a classic

Defender passes the ball acrosses a pressing front 3. Instead of kicking it out. Donarama holds up the ball and then tries to pass it to his defender who has an attacker all over him instead kicking it out. PSG giving out star contracts to mid tier players who do foolishness like this on the world stage.
it shouldve always been Keylor for Cup matches , Donna for league.
Camavinga for sure outplayed Kroos too, Toni was playing things too safe and predictably. Camavinga wasn’t afraid to dink mid-range passes around and spread it, dribble someone, or make a forward run.
young blood with energy, willing/wanting to take risks. yup RM has some talent in the future. well rounded attributes

This might be my favorite non-CL final non-Clasico victory of all-time. In addition to the endless plot lines with Mbappe and the beef between the clubs, it’s a match that fully embodied that there’s a real winning spirit at the foundation of the club beyond the galacticos and the glamor. The juxtaposition defeating the team who currently has the galacticos made it all the more apparent and poetic.

Underdogs, down 2 in the second half, and just crushing and overwhelming them with the spirit and mentality they lacked. The PSG players feeling the weight of the entire city of Madrid on them.

You don’t get a trophy for a round of 16 win, but victories like this still go in book of legends of even the most decorated clubs.

This might be my favorite non-CL final non-Clasico victory of all-time. In addition to the endless plot lines with Mbappe and the beef between the clubs, it’s a match that fully embodied that there’s a real winning spirit at the foundation of the club beyond the galacticos and the glamor. The juxtaposition defeating the team who currently has the galacticos made it all the more apparent and poetic.

Underdogs, down 2 in the second half, and just crushing and overwhelming them with the spirit and mentality they lacked. The PSG players feeling the weight of the entire city of Madrid on them.

You don’t get a trophy for a round of 16 win, but victories like this still go in book of legends of even the most decorated clubs.
Ive been thinking this all day. By far in the top of best footy match I have ever watched. It felt like a dream.. God i wish i was there. I was watching while doing the mail. When the 3rd gol came.. i scream and yelled so hard I had dogs barking like seals in that block

Ive been thinking this all day. By far in the top of best footy match I have ever watched. It felt like a dream.. God i wish i was there. I was watching while doing the mail. When the 3rd gol came.. i scream and yelled so hard I had dogs barking like seals in that block

I feel this, no lie it was borderline-cathartic. I’ve never stamped and cursed so much from footy :lol:

There was so much emotion outside of the match being played on the pitch too. You know that PSG is trying to come after what we’ve got and be that superstar club/Kings of European footy. So there’s this primal instinct of wanting to hold on to what’s yours. And then you know that there are endless detractors waiting for the club to fall off and try to speaking into existence that RM is washed. This was a massive statement. And on top of that showing that Mbappe needs us more than we need him.

There was something special about not winning with talent or beautiful football too, or on the back of CR7, but just on pure guts and making them **** themselves as Benz put it. It was a ****in movie man.

see you can tell you're a new psg fan. ain't used to the bottling yet so you're still in your feelings over today's result :lol:

There Is No Need To Be Upset GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

I am upset but that’s not the reason I said that…

If UEFA were rigging matches for the sake of the “David Alaba back to Bayern”storyline…

Then I’d be campaigning for the Super League TOMORROW :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom