⚽️THE FOOTY THREAD:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys think Mbappe going to RM this year?

Kylian Mbappé on Twitter: ✈️👍🏽... https://t.co/sBRPUpUpj3 / Twitter

I think sometime last year i asked y’all how i should go about getting into this world of football and every single one of y’all said to watch the Champions League. Thank you to every single one of you guys :lol: today’s game was ****in incredible.

I have no dog in the race. ****, i dont even got a dog in race to be honest…so i’m just enjoying this stuff for what it is and having a good time doing it.

I do hate that these games are in the middle of the work week and in the middle of the day (12pm PST), but working from home is still possible for me so i feel lucky in that sense. can’t imagine this in the pre-covid world for us west-coasters.

a question tho - all these rumors about Mbappe going to RM. Is it more important/legacy defining for a player of his caliber to win a Champions League trophy in his country or a WC?

that's dope man! welcome to the club. now we just need to find you a club to support

The realll story would be.. who is the better 9 game. Lewa vs benz. Book it. Or cr7 vs Real if manU wins..im making a half manU and Real jersey if so lol with cr7 in the back

Talking about finding a club to support, is it weird if I’m neutral? Like I always knew about RM/Barca’s El Clasicos but I like watching either play. I just like to watch a good match.

a question tho - all these rumors about Mbappe going to RM. Is it more important/legacy defining for a player of his caliber to win a Champions League trophy in his country or a WC?

CL pales in comparison for the most part. Also there isn’t really much added significance if any for winning a CL in your home country vs winning elsewhere.

tough comparison there for what is more important between the UCL and the WC.

The WC is such a weird month where you essentially get one shot at winning it for 60-75% of the players, and youre limited to talent pools from your country whereas the UCL is a yearly comp that you can play over and over and still fail due to an infinite number of factors (queue Buffon and PSG collectively).

When we talk about the GOATs you’ll always see Messi get slack for not winning a WC, but contrarily, Maradona and Pele never won a UCL/European Cup either.

IMO the UCL is far more difficult to win than a World Cup, and for every player that isnt from a country with soccer dominant pedigree (CR7, Sheva, Etoo, Zlatan, even Modric) the UCL probably means more aswell because it’s a realistic, attainable goal.

also a way a lot of guys pick a club is to play fifa and see which one you win a lot with and/or like the players in the game. it's an easy way to create a relationship between you and the club then you start following them in real life and builld it that way

also a way a lot of guys pick a club is to play fifa and see which one you win a lot with and/or like the players in the game. it's an easy way to create a relationship between you and the club then you start following them in real life and builld it that way
Dude back in fifa 98 i became a Raul fan and loved spain lol… and rooney b4 manU lol

Ol' dodgy Rom getting sanctioned

Only season ticket holders can attend games, no away fans as they can't sell tickets, no merch can be sold, no transfers, no contracts.

Coming down hard. Sale of the club banned.

Needs to do the right thing and give the club away for nothing and **** off back to Russia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom