⚽️THE FOOTY THREAD:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would getting Ten Hag mean a shift in the club starting from the academy to the first team or is it just a regular signing?

I can’t see United giving any coach the time to develop academy players and mold them like they did with Fergie. Those days are dead until they win another league, and maybe not even then.

Same for us, we would never give Raul and Xabi the keys to the Ferrari and go 2-3 seasons trophyless while we develop academy players.

I'm meant a philosophical change starting from the academy, no necessarily become heavy academy based.

With Ragnick moving into a consultant role and Ten Hag having a set way of playing, that would seem most likely.

As far as using academy players, that’s such a big part of the identity of the club whoever gets the job is going to have sell our director on them being able to provide a path from the academy to the first team.

With Ragnick moving into a consultant role and Ten Hag having a set way of playing, that would seem most likely.

As far as using academy players, that’s such a big part of the identity of the club whoever gets the job is going to have sell our director on them being able to provide a path from the academy to the first team.
Yea RR moving to the consultant role along with potentially hiring someone for sporting director, like Mitchell or someone else, to work with Murtough as DOF would signal the biggest change in strategy and set up post-Fergie.

Would have a whole new team in the fold in charge of the footy related decision making at the club for the first time in ages.

About the last part in regards to ETH, it's a good thing that integrating young players into the senior squad has been one of his biggest strengths at Ajax. He's been able to create stars out of their academy and been able to consistently replace them with other homegrown products once they've been sold.

That probably makes his pitch as strong as any candidate given how much it fits the club’s identity/ethos, on top of his attractive style of play over more pragmatic or defensive oriented managers

Glad they kicked the tires there but he's not gonna ditch La Roja before the WC :lol:

Lowkey though I expect him to be Peps replacement whenever he finishes his tenure at Citeh

CrkES1.gif

I think a decision has probably been made already but an announcement is likely gonna be delayed a bit out of respect to the other clubs situations, especially the one currently still in the middle of a title race.

Would've probably been announced by now if the main candidates were currently out of a job or coming off sabattical

There's a geordie podcast (I guess idk) and they had Trippier on it now that hes newcastle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom