⚽️THE FOOTY THREAD:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Benz doing Benz things?
20220418_000134.jpg

VDB about to be freed :lol:

Probably the first managerial hire post-Fergie of a manager up and coming in his prime rather than on the downslope/twighlight of their career (not mentioning Ole since no big club was ever hiring him besides United)

I'm excited, he better get backed fully to be able to clear out and mold his side the way he wants it without obstacles. From all the recent news it doesn't sound like he would've accepted without having carte blanche when it comes to personnel decisions.

Last edited:
If the vacancy needs to be filled, several names are sure to enter the picture and The Athletic has established that a name figuring prominently in preliminary conversations is Paul Mitchell.

Two of the original quartet competing for Chelsea are believed to be closely monitoring Mitchell’s situation and could contact the Englishman if they take control.

FQn03HnX0AcPOVQ

Ten Hag really can’t get rid of Ronaldo, can he?

I get starting fresh with a bunch of young players and wanting to control the locker room on your own terms…..

But CR7 still gives you 20+ goals a season. Absolutely no one else on United can do that.

Greenwood - Locked Up
Rashford - Don’t even get me started
Martial - Come on now

(Then again, if United don’t make top 4 Ronnie might leave himself)

The only reason to get rid of Ronaldo is if the club deems that the output isn't worth the salary. Dude's been singlehandedly saving United from embarrassment time and again throughout this season, I doubt that's worth less than whatever he's getting paid.

Ten Hag really can’t get rid of Ronaldo, can he?

I get starting fresh with a bunch of young players and wanting to control the locker room on your own terms…..

But CR7 still gives you 20+ goals a season. Absolutely no one else on United can do that.

Greenwood - Locked Up
Rashford - Don’t even get me started
Martial - Come on now

(Then again, if United don’t make top 4 Ronnie might leave himself)

The rumors were that he'll get to make the decision but I didn't take it as he wants to get rid of him already. Sounds like he'll get a feel for the squad first before picking and choosing who's gonna get sold.

The reported targets for the summer have another striker being looked at probably in the aim of playing off Ron and also taking pressure off from him playing every match like he's had to with Cavani always hurt and the rest of the situations for the guys you mentioned.

At this point I'd be expected if Ron and the club decided to end it after a season like this without giving a try under the new manager.

What was interesting though and made me think of you last weem is that apparently Ron vetoed hiring Conte a few months back :lol:

Yup without Ronaldo and DeGea we would be in or near the relegation zone, that is just facts.

Much more likely for Ronaldo to leave on his own terms than Ten Hag getting rid of him.

I'm happy to have Ten Hag, just hope this board and group of players don't let him down. Coming from a well-run like Ajax, United must be looking like a complete dumpster fire right now. He has
A LOT of work ahead of him, really hoping the club backs him.

I really don't understand why Conte is so disliked by a lot of pundits etc, given his success.
He plays entertaining football and he's a proven winner that can drastically improve players.

He's notoriously extremely demanding to work with and will not hesitate to pack his bags but that's something for club management to worry about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom