⛔️ {Thread is NOW CLOSED. New Football Thread, Link on Last Page.}⛔️

Should we start a new football thread?

• Yes... - Lets Start Fresh

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nah... - Lets Just Keep This Going

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
CKkvuuiXAAA1Wiw.jpg

Panamanian Ref and Costa Rican Lineman for the Mex vs Jamaica final [emoji]128064[/emoji]

Pretty cool Manchester United jersey concepts that I saw.

EDIT:

Spotted at ****'s Sporting Goods.

Last edited:

Gotta love silly season 
laugh.gif
,now France Football is reporting that the ADM deal is done for £46m and he'll be joining PSG in the States sometime this weekend...
Wait, weren't there rumors of talks breaking down between Utd & PSG?!  
laugh.gif

Last edited:
No matter how nice the shirt design is, the Chevy logo ruins the Man United shirt. Can't stand Man United, but I wouldn't wish that ugly @!# sponsor on even my most hated teams. That nonsense belongs on a team fighting to prevent relegation

Last edited:
It's only been the Argentino today. While I agree that there were a bunch of horrible Mexican fans during today's match, a typical derby in Argentina is 1000x worse , so I'm not sure where he gets the nerve to talk @!@# about Mexicans :lol:

You guys are too sensitive, the real world must be a tough place for ya'll.

Last edited:
Arsenal director backs Arsène Wenger to break transfer record on striker
• Lord Harris says Arsenal can afford ‘anyone but Ronaldo and Messi’
• Karim Benzema targeted but agent says he is ‘1000% staying at Real’
Arsène Wenger
Arsenal are ready to back Arsène Wenger in the transfer market, with Lord Harris saying the club has £200m in the bank. Photograph: David Price/Arsenal FC via Getty Images
Guardian sport
Thursday 23 July 2015 18.29 EDT Last modified on Thursday 23 July 2015 19.50 EDT
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share via Email Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn Share on Google+
Shares
The Arsenal director Lord Harris has revealed that Arsène Wenger can break the club’s transfer record to sign a top centre-forward, with “anyone but Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi” within their reach.

“Money was tight when we moved to the Emirates but it’s a lot freer now,” the 72-year-old Carpetright owner told the Daily Mail. “We could go into the market and probably buy any player in the world, apart from half a dozen who are un-buyable. In the accounts, there’s over £200m in the bank.

“You could say to Arsène we’ve got no money and he wouldn’t worry, or you could give him £100m and he might not spend it. At the moment there are no plans to sign anyone, unless he finds a real superstar like Mesut Özil or Alexis Sánchez. He’s looking for one of those but there aren’t many available.

“We would back him to break the club’s transfer record. If he wanted the man, he could have him. Apart from Messi and Ronaldo, he could have any player. We will probably have to break the club record to get the man he wants.

“We get a list of the players that Wenger wants,’ said Lord Harris. “On the list is a centre forward, but I’m not going to tell you who he is. You’ve got to get the other team to want to sell him, but I think he wants to come. It basically comes down to whether the other team can find a superstar to replace him, because they don’t have to sell.”

That man is thought to be the Real Madrid striker Karim Benzema, but the France striker’s agent, Karim Djaziri, has cast doubt on any transfer. “Karim is very happy at Real Madrid and he will be a Real Madrid player by the end of this transfer window, 1,000%,” he told Sky Sports News. “Karim is not looking to move anywhere this summer.”

Raheem Sterling was another player who interested Wenger, but Lord Harris was pleased the former Liverpool winger joined Manchester City in the end. “[Raheem] Sterling is a very, very good player but I’m very pleased Arsenal didn’t sign him. He’s got a lot to learn. They were looking at him and the way he treated Liverpool wasn’t good.”

Real Madrid look great. Benzemas finish :smokin and then Ronaldo to make it 2-0

Citeh have been terrible and Delph got stretchered off after 20 minutes :lol:

Watching this Real Madrid vs City game, having breakfast (BEC on Portuguese Roll)

I know it's pre-season but City are getting turned out :lol:

Loving these Madrid Uni's too.

Last edited:
Filipe Luis closes in on Atletico Madrid return from Chelsea

Atletico Madrid expect to confirm the return of Brazil international Filipe Luis from Chelsea on Friday.

Luis left Atletico last summer, but Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho confirmed earlier this week that the left-back was on the verge of a return to Vicente Calderon.

Atletico are reported to have agreed to pay €16 million for the 29-year-old -- €4m less than they received for him last summer -- and the deal is set to be finalised once the Spanish club receive the necessary documentation.

"We are practically in the final process and we hope all will end well and the player can join the group as soon as possible," Atletico president Enrique Cerezo told the Spanish media.

"Negotiations are long and each day it becomes more difficult to sign new players."

|I

It's a shame. I like this bloke. I like to have one guy with silly hair with long nose on the squad. :lol:

Zlatan Ibrahimovic: Relationship with Man United's Louis van Gaal 'not good'

Paris Saint-Germain forward Zlatan Ibrahimovic says that his relationship with Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal is "not good."

Ibrahimovic made the comments in an interview on SI Now with host Maggie Gray amid transfer rumors linking Ibrahimovic to Manchester United.

The Swedish forward worked with van Gaal when he was technical director at Ajax, where Ibrahimovic played from 2001-04.

Gray asked Ibrahimovic about his relationship with van Gaal, whom Ibrahimovic criticized in his book I Am Zlatan.

“No, that's not good,” Ibrahimovic said. “He was a director in Ajax, and the way he is working is not the way I work.”

Ibrahimovic said that he could foresee problems with van Gaal if he were to play under the Dutchman at Manchester United, but he declined to say that it would prevent him from playing at Old Trafford.

“At the end, I think he is professional and I am professional. Whoever I work with, I never had this kind of problems, because at the end I need to do my job, he needs to do his job,” Ibrahimovic said. “And I think a lot of fights would happen, but that's something I like.”

Ibrahimovic's full wide-ranging conversation with Gray will air on SI Now on Friday.

Link with video http://www.si.com/planet-futbol/2015/07/23/zlatan-ibrahimovic-louis-van-gaal-manchester-united

Filipe should've gotten more love IMO. When he did play he was good joining in the attack. LeBranislav is good but he goes through severe bouts in play when he's out on the RB spot and yet Mou refuses to let Filipe Luis get some time.

Samper's father asks Arsenal to sign him, 'desperate' for the move

A couple of days ago Catalan newspaper Mundo Deportivo had Sergi Samper and Arsene Wenger on their front page and said that Arsenal were keen on signing the player and were willing to pay his €12m buyout clause. We said at the time that Mundo Deportivo's reaction didn't seem to be filled with enough venom for the claims to be true.

The Catalan newspaper have a long standing fury toward Arsenal for taking La Masia products and snatching the best talent away, being outright abusive at times, and that their article was altogether civil gave the impression they didn't truly believe Arsenal were fighting to sign the player.

That suspicion would fit in with what El Confidencial say on Friday. They claim that Arsenal don't want to sign Samper, feeling he's missed the boat. In 2011 Samper visited Arsenal's facilities along with Jon Toral and Hector Bellerin but decided against a move. His family feel that was poor advice from agent Pere Guardiola and that the brother of Pep may have been acting in the interests of Barcelona rather than of the young midfielder.

El Confidencial say Samper's father has contacted Arsenal and asked them to now sign his son, with the family desperate for a move to happen. It's very much said to be Samper and co pushing Arsenal rather than the other way around. Arsenal right now aren't interested, it remains to be seen if things change.

Heh...

Is it fair to say if the money is equal

Most latin/south American would choose portugal/spain/italy over england everyday?

FIFA Asks Russia Why It Punished Player Who Reacted Angrily To Racism But Not The Racist Fans
APBy ROB HARRIS

ST. PETERSBURG, Russia — FIFA has asked the Russian Football Union to explain why it banned a Ghanaian footballer for two matches for his reaction to fan racism and did not sanction the alleged abusers' team.

In video from Friday's Russian Premier League game, Spartak Moscow fans could be heard racially taunting FC Ufa midfielder Emmanuel Frimpong. The former Arsenal player is black.

55b0edc11200002c0013b1cf.png

Reacting with a finger gesture to the fans led to Frimpong being banned for two games, while Spartak escaped punishment over the latest racism incident to blight Russian football ahead of the 2018 World Cup. The RFU found no evidence of racism.

But FIFA sustainability head Federico Addiechi, whose brief covers racism issues, said Thursday that the Russians have been given until Tuesday to respond to the governing body's disciplinary department.

"We don't have a direct responsibility for what's happening in the Russian league," Addiechi said in St. Petersburg. "But if the Russian Football Union are in need of our support, and I think they are, then we can provide certain support."

Russia's second city on Saturday hosts the qualifying draw for the World Cup, which has increased the spotlight on the country's struggle eradicating racism from football matches.

"It is up to us as the organizers of this event to make sure this event is welcoming everyone, it is safe for everyone — not just for the players and participants but also for the fans," Addiechi said.

"It would be naive and first of all too arrogant for us to come here and say we are going to educate Russia. We are in no position to do that, we don't need to do that, we have no moral statute to do that either."

In December 2010, within hours of winning the FIFA vote to host its first World Cup, Russian leader Vladimir Putin said on football racism: "We see it and we believe it is a problem.

But in February, football anti-discrimination group FARE documented more than 200 incidents of racist and discriminatory behavior linked to Russian football over two seasons.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/fifa-russia-racism-fans_55b0ec4ee4b07af29d5791fe

Back
Top Bottom