❌‼️ This Thread is now CLOSED. NEW THREAD link on last page, been a great Year ❌‼️

Would you spend €100+ on Paul Pogba??

• Yup, still very young and filled with potential...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nah, no CM could be worth that much...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So much for Moratti saying that he was shocked about the claims that Mancini wanted to quit last week :lol, De Boer is stepping into an awful situation

Interestingly, the Chinese group - Suning Holdings Group also owns Chinese Super League side Jiangsu Suning. Back in January, they purchased Ramires from Chelsea for £25m. If they're buying for their Chinese club like that, perhaps similar (if not greater) funds will be available for Inter?

Apparently, Mancini' wore out his welcome with the players already. :rolleyes

Last edited:
Fair enough :lol

Another signing was made official this morning

View media item 2126549

drake-3.w529.h352.gif

Anyone know anything about Lucas Perez? Deportivo striker? Apparently we're in the late stages of negotiating a deal for him?

I don't get what's the point of having all that money if no one wants to join teams like Inter/Milan now? Five years ago, sure. Now? You'll get players like Kondogbia and Honda who are good but not great.

Inter & Milan won't be able to get the bigger names but they should be able to get the types that are ready to break though to a higher level & earn some bigger wages (if Inter can pay them). Aside from Inter rebuilding it's youth academy, they need to invest in good scouts that will help ID players the way Dortmund & Atleti do.

Just spit balling a wild - off kilter idea but if this Chinese group were serious about building Inter back to being a power house, how cool would it be to lure Monchi to Italy since it sounds like he's ready to try something different?

Last edited:
What makes you think they wont attract the bigger names. They both have great history. We seen Man City and PSG attract tons of big names once they got a rich owner. The fact that they are both clubs with great history and are located in an amazing city, it won't be hard for them to get players once they both have new owners who are willing to spend. Players will go where the money is.

If they're going to attract big name players, the new ownership group will have to show they're going to spend the money right now while also starting to win some games. You mentioned City & PSG... Inter isn't even close to being on their levels yet, I'm not even sure how you could make that comparison quite frankly. They aren't even close to chasing Juve yet let along other European clubs like the ones you mentioned which have the oil money to spend.

It's being reported that the Pogba fee will be paid in installments of £30m per year over 3 years,if that's right than I guess it wasn't really a case of Real being outpriced. Seems like Flo just didn't want him even with the pressure from Zizou

But last I checked, transfer fees were commonly paid over instalments. So that comes as no surprise.

Just pointing it out because I find it weird that they were apparently willing to shell out more than Barca for Andre Gomes yet balked at matching a fee for a better CM that the manager was especially keen on...

Club politics were probably involved,either way I'm more than glad at how things ended up :lol

Last edited:
If they're going to attract big name players, the new ownership group will have to show they're going to spend the money right now while also starting to win some games. You mentioned City & PSG... Inter isn't even close to being on their levels yet, I'm not even sure how you could make that comparison quite frankly. They aren't even close to chasing Juve yet let along other European clubs like the ones you mentioned which have the oil money to spend.
im not comparing them to City now, what am saying is, before City got the new owner and money they were ****. As soon as the money came in, it wasn't hard for them to start getting players, all they did was overpay for a few n the rest is history now.

But last I checked, transfer fees were commonly paid over instalments. So that comes as no surprise.
that's not entirely true. Transfer fees are paid according to the agreements between the 2 clubs. Some clubs which are in need of the money will require clubs to pay the full amount at once

Yup. It's totally normal, even for deals in the range of lower two-figure transfer fees. 

Paying the transfer fees with one payment is pretty rare nowadays. 

City did overplay for players but that alone isn't what has brought the club to where it is today. If a club doesn't have a good plan how it's going to get the club winning how it wants to play football and sustain itself for the future that could deter players from going there especially when there are other clubs that can give them a big check as well. What Inter has to do outside from spend is figure out a good plan of action to get the club back to winning ways and just throwing money at it isn't the cure all for their problems.

^ That's why the first things I said were to rebuild the youth academy & scouting dept.

I think de Boer is ready for the next step up, I just hope the new ownership is ready for that as well because if it's not, de Boer is in for a steep tumble.

that's not entirely true. Transfer fees are paid according to the agreements between the 2 clubs. Some clubs which are in need of the money will require clubs to pay the full amount at once

:lol my dude, I literally said "transfer fees were COMMONLY paid over...". How can that not be "entirely true"?

My statement wasn't an absolute.

Nonetheless, I read about it, maybe a summer or two ago, I was under the impression at the time TF were paid cash up front, since people always commented on "x club is already spending x's transfer money". I didn't realize that in actuality it was common to be paid over installments, but the selling club knows the money's guaranteed so they go ahead and enter into new purchases in the same timeframe.

Random thought...

Sometimes I think if I make enough money, I'll own a vineyard, and small football club in Africa which focuses on the development of players for Europe's big stage.

City did overplay for players but that alone isn't what has brought the club to where it is todayCity did overplay for players but that alone isn't what has brought the club to where it is today. If a club doesn't have a good plan how it's going to get the club winning how it wants to play football and sustain itself for the future that could deter players from going there especially when there are other clubs that can give them a big check as well. What Inter has to do outside from spend is figure out a good plan of action to get the club back to winning ways and just throwing money at it isn't the cure all for their problems.

I feel like Citeh bought a lot of players for RIGHT NOW, which makes sense, cause they had the cash and they wanted the instant success. But over the years, players weren't replaced, and similar to United there was under investment in the squad. Even myself I'm known to often forget how old Citeh players are, I often thought some of them could be sold on, but realistically it's been pointed out to me even on here that, that is pretty unlikely.

Citeh needs to re-invest in the academy as well as young starlets that are replacements for ageing players. In fact they should have done this 3 seasons ago.

But from afar, I see what they were focussed on (the league, and then solid CL positioning).

Rooney is really holding back United... One should really have Ibra leading the line when he plays not keeping him further back... Although it was really a glorified friendly, the service to Ibra was terrible...

Emery is starting in style at PSG huh? He didn't play alot of his big name players & they still beat Lyon 4-1 over the weekend.

Last edited:
I feel like Citeh bought a lot of players for RIGHT NOW, which makes sense, cause they had the cash and they wanted the instant success. But over the years, players weren't replaced, and similar to United there was under investment in the squad. Even myself I'm known to often forget how old Citeh players are, I often thought some of them could be sold on, but realistically it's been pointed out to me even on here that, that is pretty unlikely.

Citeh needs to re-invest in the academy as well as young starlets that are replacements for ageing players. In fact they should have done this 3 seasons ago.

But from afar, I see what they were focussed on (the league, and then solid CL positioning).
my bad I misread you other post. I feel like City needed to overspend and win right away right away in order to help recruit for the academy. Once they started winning, it attracted more youngsters to want to join the academy. And them spending to win right away helped them get people like Vieira to come and become a coach for the youth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom