❌‼️ This Thread is now CLOSED. NEW THREAD link on last page, been a great Year ❌‼️

Would you spend €100+ on Paul Pogba??

• Yup, still very young and filled with potential...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nah, no CM could be worth that much...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Declaring top 3 before season starts is disrespect to teams like Leicester who who no one expected to win, but fought to the very end to end up winning it.

Tired of defending this kid. He should make the most of his chances in training and smaller games.
HOW IF HE IS NOT GETTING PLAYING TIME ?????? Y'all got a new toy so y'all done with the one y'all got last week ?

Last edited:
Declaring top 3 before season starts is disrespect to teams like Leicester who fought to the very end to win the league.

Tired of defending this kid. He should make the most of his chances in training and smaller games.
HOW IF HE IS NOT GETTING PLAYING TIME ?????? Y'all got a new toy so y'all done with the one y'all got last week ?

You love putting words in our mouths my dude :lol,I think most United fans still want to see Memphis shine and make a name for himself in the number 7 but we're also realistic. The fact of the matter though is that he's gonna have to earn pt with Tony and Miki as the likely starters on the wing,I still have faith that the competition's only gonna motivate him more and he's gonna find his way again :smokin

Last edited:
degea
darmian (or new signing) smalling bailly shaw
pogba rooney?
miki mata martial
zlaizzle?
That mf is horrible and Mou said he ain't playing Rooney in mf. Carrick deff holding partnered with pogba. IF Rooney is dropped, I can see Herrera playing in a mf 3 with the other 2.

*If I was Mou...*

DDG
Valencia/Smalling/Bailly/Shaw
Pogba/Schneiderlin
Martial/Miki/Memph
Zlatan

I know some would disagree with this lineup but man this would produce multiple goals a game. I think we still need a CB but I'm liking our depth where we can have Darmian, Blind, Herrera, Mata, Schweini, Carrick, Roo and Rashford coming off the bench. And Lingard.

For those saying Pogba is too much. Or you would only pay that amount for a 50+ goal striker .....would you have paid what RM paid for Bale?

He has helped get them 2 CL trophies, hell yeah. Major impact when healthy.

Last edited:
I only said "considering" and given your wager there with your son, I'd say that's atleast considering... I respect you getting it for your son, just is funny after you've sent plenty subtle slander towards ManU.

I have tons of respect for United & SAF. I just don't think woody is remotely close to being as business savvy as people think. I also don't like the chevy logo on the United kits. I think it's a horrible match, & I'm not a fan of the Jose hire. I won't go on about Jose again as I've said waaay too much already. I Also think Rooney is absolutely dead weight for the club. Sad to say, he's become absolutely useless.

I hope Jose doesn't play Pogba as any kind of defensive mid. Having watched him since he started playing regularly with the Old Lady, this exert explains Pogba the best...

And a more tangible explanation lies with Juventus's shift toward using a 4-3-3 formation, alternated with the old 4-3-1-2, a system made viable again by Hernanes's signing on the final day of the transfer window.

In either set-up, Pogba's role is clearly defined. Playing on the left of the midfield trio, he serves as what is known in Italy as a "mezz'ala" -- literally, a "half-wing". His task is no longer to roam all over the pitch but instead work in tandem with the full-back to dominate his flank, dropping back when required and marauding forward when the opportunity presents. It is a position that makes the most of his talents. The truth is that Pogba has never been a No. 10 any more than he is a "regista" to place in front of the defence, even if he does possess the technique and athleticism to adapt himself to either role. At his core, he is a box-to-box midfielder, a "trascinatore" as Lilian Thuram recently defined him: someone who can drag his whole team up and down the pitch.

I'm actually looking forward to seeing Pogba take the next step. He kind of had a meh performance at the Euros so this should be a treat.

Edit - saw this vid with some thoughts from Thierry on Pogba & how he should be played. I totally agree with him.

What do you think of Halilovic being sold? Was it to make room for Suarez? I know there's a buy back clause as part of the deal. I tried to catch Gijon matches to watch him and Sanabria play.

It was the prudent thing to do. He's talented for sure, but he tries to do too much when he's on the pitch. He really needs to slow down & learn the game. It's like he's footy version of an AND 1 player. I never really understood why the club bought him. I hope he does well.

Last edited:
For those saying Pogba is too much. Or you would only pay that amount for a 50+ goal striker .....would you have paid what RM paid for Bale?

He has gotten them 2 CL trophies, hell yeah.

Thats in hindsight

Would you pay that before the trophies

Bale aint bring them trophies with him.

Hell yeah. Son went super sayian his last year at Spurs. He warranted that price based on his ability alone

What do you think of Halilovic being sold? Was it to make room for Suarez? I know there's a buy back clause as part of the deal. I tried to catch Gijon matches to watch him and Sanabria play.

It was the prudent thing to do. He's talented for sure, but he tries to do too much when he's on the pitch. He really needs to slow down & learn the game. It's like he's footy version of an AND 1 player. I never really understood why the club bought him. I hope he does well.

I know what you mean by him doing too much. He needs to simplify his game, that will come with maturation/experience. I hope he develops well in Germany.

Also what do you think of Rafinha, in terms of his future at Barca (at least for this season)? I know injury has been a real set back for him. There's a lot of competition for even bench positions, Suarez, Gomes, etc

[thread="633945"] [/thread]
joined in the classic league.... idk about h2h

What's stopping you?
never done H2H in fantasy football (soccer), only classic

why not tho, I'll give it a go... its a budget league as well right? no draft?

Yea it's a budget league. I've been meaning to look into a draft league but I never got around to it, I'll set a reminder for next year around this time

Thats in hindsight

Hell yeah. Son went super sayian his last year at Spurs. He warranted that price based on his ability alone

Paul gotta prove his worth.

Bale made them respect him with time

I am more inclined to see how Rooney plays with this squad. As great as he used to be, he always has a squad around him. After SAF he struggled Except with Moyes initially. His whole career he had top class players around him. Not trying to excuse his mistakes but I heard somebody bring up a good point with pogba and a mid who can pick up the ball from the back line he doesn't have to come back leaving less space on the field for error. I believe he still has the skill but the determination to get better is lacking. I wouldn't write him off. Mind you at the top on 2016 before his injury he was coming alive. I would give united about 3-4 weeks to organize. Everything can't be fixed in preseason.

Yea my point I was trying to make. Bale wasn't worth it initially. Madrid went off one great season. Like they did with James. If Pogs is in top 3 for BDO in next two years (hypothetically) we won't be talking about how expensive he was. Just like Martial. We couldn't imagine paying that much for Luke or martial but nobody questions it like before.

Thats in hindsight

Very true. If he brings trophies to Man Utd, he'll be good.

Yea my point I was trying to make. Bale wasn't worth it initially. Madrid went off one great season. Like they did with James. If Pogs is in top 3 for BDO in next two years (hypothetically) we won't be talking about how expensive he was. Just like Martial. We couldn't imagine paying that much for Luke or martial but nobody questions it like before.

I have nothing but faith and confidence in Martial ever since he curled his fro and has been delivered.

I hope he becomes a world class forward and a United legend.

Last edited:
Didn't we confirm last year that Rooney has a clause in his contract guaranteeing a place in the starting XI? He can't be dropped.

What are we doing here bros, new thread fatter the transfer market? Or continuing this one?

Didn't we confirm last year that Rooney has a clause in his contract guaranteeing a place in the starting XI? He can't be dropped.

Lol, Na. We just came to that conclusion because I couldn't understand why Rooney was starting every game. I sparked that rumor :lol - but it wouldn't surprise me

Last edited:

I have nothing but faith and confidence in Martial ever since he curled his fro and has been delivered.

I hope he becomes a world class forward and a United legend.

After l rocking the clean kempt fro consistently for at least a year, within days of you slandering the young man's choice in hair style, specifically saying he needs to cop a nudred..... He cups a nudred. A conspicuous coincidence if I've ever seen one. [emoji]129300[/emoji]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom