⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
“disrespectful”? :lol:

Man, y’all going to have to pick and choose how good Klay & Draymond are.
Klay is a very good 2nd option playing off Steve, and an amazing 3rd option behind KD and Steve. He's a souped up version of Boston Ray.

MIL/SEA Ray was a number one option on good playoff teams. Klay couldn't be that. He was the best SG of his generation not named Beans Bryant.

Draymond is an incredible player within the constructs of a good team. Elite defender, elite passer.

Not a difficult concept.

Really only a handful every decade.

My point is, Curry is on fire right now. I like him, the greatest shooter ever no doubt. But he did his work already. Draymond is not prime Draymond, even when Klay is back he'll be a step slow.

Idc what available player you give him he's not beating a team with Kyrie/Harden/KD or Lebron/AD etc.

I am saying, in 2021 "Steph cant be #1 on a Championship team" isn't really a diss. That SHOULD be the case if we are being honest.

Unless you are competing for Greatest Player of All-Time, that secondary/tertiary level of All-Time Greats have all had that said about them.

I was just checking in with you.

I agree that the GSW's won't make the playoffs.

But your reasoning of, "Steph ain't built like that" is where I would disagree.

The team isn't that good as a whole.

He started off the season bad. If they miss those games might come back and bite 'em in the ***. Because the team ain't good you can't afford to mess around. Other superstars have had to deal with worse circumstances.

Klay is a very good 2nd option playing off Steve, and an amazing 3rd option behind KD and Steve. He's a souped up version of Boston Ray.

MIL/SEA Ray was a number one option on good playoff teams. Klay couldn't be that.

I get why you would say that, but I’m not as sure simply because Klay’s never been in a position to be a number one option. He’s such an elite shooter that with the right coach and right players surrounding him, maybe he could be. (Theoretically, pre-injury).

Not like Ray was dragging untalented teams to the playoffs. Those Seattle and Milwaukee teams he was on each had several other good players.

Anyone know what Klay’s numbers look like in games he played without Steph and/or KD?

MIL/SEA Ray was a number one option on good playoff teams. Klay couldn't be that. He was the best SG of his generation not named Beans Bryant.

Draymond is an incredible player within the constructs of a good team. Elite defender, elite passer.

Not a difficult concept.

I mean...saying it’s “disrespectful” to say Klay Thompson as a #2 option on historically great teams compared to prime Ray Allen (whom I love as a player) as a #1 option on standard playoff teams is wild, to me.

I’d say Ray Allen was the more complete player, and probably better as Klay would’ve been as a #1 option. But I don’t think it is at all “disrespectful” to Ray.

Simple concept

I am saying, in 2021 "Steph cant be #1 on a Championship team" isn't really a diss. That SHOULD be the case if we are being honest.

Unless you are competing for Greatest Player of All-Time, that secondary/tertiary level of All-Time Greats have all had that said about them.
What if you’re the “2nd greatest point guard of all-time”?

I mean we were ONE game into the season when you made the initial statement. :lol:

Why use discretion now? :lol:
I made the prediction that a really high usage rate would result in injury based on what we’ve seen in the past. I’m just not sure what the gravedigging does, except make it weird. You want me to double down and say “he’s definitely getting hurt”? Just a weird thing to do. Especially lumping that in with posts challenging his ability.

I made the prediction that a really high usage rate would result in injury based on what we’ve seen in the past. I’m just not sure what the gravedigging does, except make it weird. You want me to double down and say “he’s definitely getting hurt”? Just a weird thing to do. Especially lumping that in with posts challenging his ability.

Sure. Why not. Double down on making an injury prediction YOU made about a player.

I am simply saying it was a WILD claim from the jump. :lol:

Better pray he keep it up cuz a couple slip ups and it's a wrap for him.

Screenshot-20210207-113100.png

And you tryna pull receipts off a loss. That ain't how it work. :lol:

Yea I’m more than fine with the receipts but it’s definitely funny people are forgetting he lost :lol: it’s like remembering OBJ’s catch but no one talking about the Giants actually losing that game.

I get why you would say that, but I’m not as sure simply because Klay’s never been in a position to be a number one option. He’s such an elite shooter that with the right coach and right players surrounding him, maybe he could be.

Not like Ray was dragging untalented teams to the playoffs. Those Seattle and Milwaukee teams he was on each had several other good players.

Anyone know what Klay’s numbers look like in games he played without Steph and/or KD?
Of course. Nobody said he was doing that :lol:

The sample of Klay without Curry/KD is probably minuscule if not non-existant. By the time Klay started really getting into his prime, Steve was playing 78+ games per year. 2017-18 season is probably the best bet for it happening since KD played 68 and Steve played 51.

All-time player 15-20 maybe

PG?

More complicated of a question. Depends if you can consider Lebron James a PG.

Like you can consider Magic as a PG

My argument has always been LeBron is/was just as much of a "PG" as Magic Johnson was.

We just accepted the label GIVEN to Magic.

Primary Ball-Handlers that were simply 6'8+.

Ray vs. Klay

Just looking at the offensive side of the ball.

MIL/SEA Ray vs. Klay: No competition. Not sure Klay's own father would pick him over Ray.

BOS Ray vs. Klay would be more of a "fair" discussion. But again, due to the "3PT Revolution" Klay's attempts basically doubled Rays.

Sure. Why not. Double down on making an injury prediction YOU made about a player.

I am simply saying it was a WILD claim from the jump. :lol:
Nah, you’re just being weird cherry picking quotes out of context. The broader context was about changing the style of play to have Steph PnR’ing a lot more. Which I thought would likely end in injury. The style of play also hasn’t shifted to that, so this “gotcha” moment isn’t quite what you think it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom